Keeping same FX/Pedals for all rigs?

• Hey guys

I haven’t had too much time to dive into the kemper and work bits out yet but one of my main issues is that having come from a traditional pedal board, I wondered if it’s possible to lock in the pedals and fx sections of the kemper and then change the rig without adjusting these settings?

Often I’ll want to change the profile to a different amo but I want to keep my familiar pedal/fx setups for all of them, but currently it just gives me whatever the profile creator added to that profile.

Any tips on this so I can permanently lock in the pedals and fx and just change the head/cab profile?

Thanks!

• You can lock them by using the Lock button. :)

Whenever you press that button, whatever is currently on the Kemper's screen (a single effect slot, the entire stomps or effects section, the entire amp stack...) will be locked/unlocked. Or you can do it the other way around: while holding down the Lock button, press the button for any section you want to lock.

In your case, just hold the Lock button and press "Stomps" and "Effects" to lock everything but the amp stack. The Kemper will then function like a traditional amp with a separate pedalboard: not only will the effects stay the same when you switch to another rig, they will also keep their on/off state independently.

• Create a "template" or "default" Rig with the stomp-and-FX setup you desire. This way you can quickly revert to your setup should you accidentally unlock / change something.

Lock all 8 slots using the "Lock" button. Now, when you switch Rigs, only the Amp and Cab sections will change.

You can obviously do the same thing to audition different cabs from other Rigs by locking the Amplifier (use the button the same way as for all other locking) and browsing Rigs, or different amps with a particular Cab by locking the latter and again, browsing Rigs.

For detailed information, should you be interested, search "lock" in the PDF manual.

EDIT:

I'm a slow typist. Thank you, Robrecht.

• But you won't be spared from adjusting your effects to the respective amp/cab if you want an optimal sound.

That’s not an issue as it’s the same as a traditional setup would be!

Another quick question along the same lines guys, can I lock in a cabinet too via the same Method with the cabinet button? I have one really awesome profile that makes all my others sound weak and I wanted to try and lock in the cab and try other heads with it

• That’s not an issue as it’s the same as a traditional setup would be!

Another quick question along the same lines guys, can I lock in a cabinet too via the same Method with the cabinet button? I have one really awesome profile that makes all my others sound weak and I wanted to try and lock in the cab and try other heads with it

Yes. You can lock basically anything that has a soft button below. Even the input for instance. One easy way to do it is just keep the LOCK button pressed with one hand and with the other hand press the soft button of the module you want to lock or unlock.

• I suppose the next message will be:

Thanks guy I did lock my fx ... but now how can I unlock ??? ;)

just kidding (some guys really would do ANYTHING but read 3 pages on the manual... lol

• Another quick question along the same lines guys, can I lock in a cabinet too via the same Method with the cabinet button?

You can obviously do the same thing to audition different cabs from other Rigs by locking the Amplifier (use the button the same way as for all other locking) and browsing Rigs, or different amps with a particular Cab by locking the latter and again, browsing Rigs.