Just got Kemper power rack and remote yesterday!

• Hello, I just got my Kemper last night! Been reading the forums here for a while and really have to dig into the manuals.

I will be using the unit in different ways. Live with in IEM's also with a real cab don't know about an frfr yet. I'm concerned about the power blowing out my speakers. I have a real AC30 and they can get extremely loud. But the speakers have no problem handling it. I would like to use the cabinet for some stage volume but the speakers are celestion blues which are rated at only 15 watts. Now I rarely turn it more than halfway up and I have it modified it with a VVR(power scaling type thing) so I can crank the master and turn the overall volume down. It sounds unbelievable.

Even then it's way loud. If I use the power rack (600 watts) to power the cab should I be concerned about blowing the speakers. I'm not going to be turning it up any louder than I usually do, and probably less for this reason. I'm just trying to mimic the sound so it will sound good with the IEM's .

Like I said, I just got it last night, I only monitored it with headphones and most of the sounds( I even got the M.Britt AC30 pack) have a screechyness to the high end(yes cab was on) almost unbearable and not enjoyable. Is that just the headphones or am I missing a setting somewhere. All of the profile s seemed to have that same quality.

Has anyone come across an AC30 profile that is of the normal channel cranked with cut. I play a queen show and I am able to nail the Brian May sound by adding a treble boost to the wooly cranked not so distorted normal channel and it gives all that harmonic juicyness that Brian May gets.

I know this is a lot of questions, I just want to get this thing up and running and use it this weekend.

Thanks so much.

• Welcome.
    Check out the mp3 demo clips from different sellers (and the free section) with your IEM's and you'll find a lot of different sounding profiles.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• If I use the power rack (600 watts) to power the cab should I be concerned about blowing the speakers.

I have the powered head, and I ran it into a Marshall 1960a 4x12 (V30s) and also a single sealed V30 cab. Had volume average around 105db, with peaks of between 110 - 115. Speakers were never in any danger at this level. Like you, I saw 600 watts and wondered the same thing, but I believe the point to that much power is to have plenty of headroom. After all, there's only one speaker output, so unless you're looking to have a Marty McFly speaker experience I doubt you're going to be running louder than you would with a tube amp.

I only monitored it with headphones and most of the sounds( I even got the M.Britt AC30 pack) have a screechyness to the high end(yes cab was on) almost unbearable and not enjoyable. Is that just the headphones or am I missing a setting somewhere. All of the profile s seemed to have that same quality.

I've never monitored it through the headphones, only the L/R mains and the monitor or speaker out. I know you can set the source of the sound for all those other outputs, I'm not sure if you can do the same for headphone source as well (not near my unit at the moment). If you can, you might want to verify that you've got it set to main out, either mono or stereo as you prefer. I have all of the M. Britt stuff and haven't noticed any screechiness, including via IEMs, so I'm hoping it's just a configuration thing for you. That said, screechy is in the ear of the beholder, so I can't say for certain that what sounds good to me would sound good to you.

Has anyone come across an AC30 profile that is of the normal channel cranked with cut.

There were 13,000 profiles on Rig Manager last I looked. I haven't used any of them (other than the legendary Morgan) because I'm still getting warm and fuzzy with the commercial stuff I bought, but it might be worth doing some tag searches to see what you find. I find the "sort by gain" feature to be particularly helpful.

This is an unusually friendly and helpful place as Internet forums go, so I'm sure a lot of more experienced voices will chime in to help you.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I have the powered head, and I ran it into a Marshall 1960a 4x12 (V30s) and also a single sealed V30 cab. Had volume average around 105db, with peaks of between 110 - 115. Speakers were never in any danger at this level. Like you, I saw 600 watts and wondered the same thing, but I believe the point to that much power is to have plenty of headroom. After all, there's only one speaker output, so unless you're looking to have a Marty McFly speaker experience I doubt you're going to be running louder than you would with a tube amp.

I've never monitored it through the headphones, only the L/R mains and the monitor or speaker out. I know you can set the source of the sound for all those other outputs, I'm not sure if you can do the same for headphone source as well (not near my unit at the moment). If you can, you might want to verify that you've got it set to main out, either mono or stereo as you prefer. I have all of the M. Britt stuff and haven't noticed any screechiness, including via IEMs, so I'm hoping it's just a configuration thing for you. That said, screechy is in the ear of the beholder, so I can't say for certain that what sounds good to me would sound good to you.

There were 13,000 profiles on Rig Manager last I looked. I haven't used any of them (other than the legendary Morgan) because I'm still getting warm and fuzzy with the commercial stuff I bought, but it might be worth doing some tag searches to see what you find. I find the "sort by gain" feature to be particularly helpful.

This is an unusually friendly and helpful place as Internet forums go, so I'm sure a lot of more experienced voices will chime in to help you.

Of course, I spoke too soon. Put it through my powered studio monitors last night and it sounded great! Tonight I'll put it through my AC30 cab w/blues and see how that sounds. bought a TAF 64coppertop profile. That will do the trick for now. They have the normal channel cranked up and its nice and wooly like I was looking for. Thanks!