Can't find the right AC30 sound

• Does anyone have a cranked AC 30 profile normal channel with full cut, à la Brian May before the treble boost? Just got a Kemper and I'm trying to recreate the brian may sound. I play in a Queen band and I play with a real AC30 and can nail it. We're going all IEM's so I got a decided to get a Kemper to better deal with that, but all of the AC30 profiles I find are "done" and already "done" but I want to find that wooly sound, then add the boost at the input like I do with the real amp. Thanks!

• Try the Tone Junkies ACE30/6. I bought it recently and I can't stop playing Queen songs with them. So massive.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just got it 2 days ago. But I fully intend to. I'll take it to a friend's studio and do it properly when I figure that all out. I think I found what I need (for now...) Bought the TAF 64 copper top. Used the normal channel full profile. Pretty much sounds and feels like my amp before I add a treble boost. The Kemper treble boost could be better though.

• I also like the Tone Junkie stuff. I just picked up the AC30 pack for $10 along with 2 other packs. With the sale and additional discount it was $26. And they sound great

I also used their discount and they do sound great. I wasn't really going for an AC30, but at 10$ I went for it. Amazing sounds with my Strat!

• Jon, did you ever manage to nail the tone you were looking for?
    Or even better did you profile your amp.

I'm struggling to get 'that' sound. I also have an RS guitar but can't seem to dial the kemper in.

• Jon, did you ever manage to nail the tone you were looking for?
    Or even better did you profile your amp.

I'm struggling to get 'that' sound. I also have an RS guitar but can't seem to dial the kemper in.

I did, with that above profile I listed. A 3rd party ir for the speaker cabinet, a tc corona chorus mini with the brian may tone imprint or whatever they call it in the loop. Treble booster and some others kemper stomps depending on the song, and some weird eq. I use a custom shop les Paul that I rewired the pickups to be 4 wire and have 20 different variations of sounds with 4 push pull pots, from out of phase to just the coil closest to the bridge for sparkly stuff and a danocaster tele. If you listen to iso Brian May tracks he’s using no where near the amount of gain/distortion most people think he is. (Nobody does, people use way too much) he has multiple layers so it sounds big. We have 2 guitar players and the other uses a helix and a variax guitar so we get a lot of ground covered. We’ll be doing a live stream Friday Nov. 20 from Daryl’House club at 8pm. I think it’s free. Check it out.

• I did, with that above profile I listed. A 3rd party ir for the speaker cabinet, a tc corona chorus mini with the brian may tone imprint or whatever they call it in the loop. Treble booster and some others kemper stomps depending on the song, and some weird eq. I use a custom shop les Paul that I rewired the pickups to be 4 wire and have 20 different variations of sounds with 4 push pull pots, from out of phase to just the coil closest to the bridge for sparkly stuff and a danocaster tele. If you listen to iso Brian May tracks he’s using no where near the amount of gain/distortion most people think he is. (Nobody does, people use way too much) he has multiple layers so it sounds big. We have 2 guitar players and the other uses a helix and a variax guitar so we get a lot of ground covered. We’ll be doing a live stream Friday Nov. 20 from Daryl’House club at 8pm. I think it’s free. Check it out.

Perfect, thank you. That Coppertop profile is definitely getting there. I was struggling to find a non top boost profile.

Can you remember the 3rd party IR cabinet you used? I find the default on coppertop lacking.

• Perfect, thank you. That Coppertop profile is definitely getting there. I was struggling to find a non top boost profile.

Can you remember the 3rd party IR cabinet you used? I find the default on coppertop lacking.

this is where I got it. https://theimpulseguys.com/products/ac30-impulse-response I believe I paid quite a bit more but maybe the lowered the price?. The website seems to have changed. I bought the celestion ir’s too this was better.

• Ive just purchased Victory's VC35 Copper deluxe and its really good.

Not a Vox but a very similar vibe, could be what youre looking for.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel