What’d you get? The 2019 gear junkies thread

• The GAS cycle begins anew!

I opened my account for 2019 with a Fryette Power Station 2 that’s inbound.

But what’s really on my radar sights at the moment is the new Kemper cabs. I have been on the market for a stereo FRFR solution, and I trust in Kemper.

Main hurdle is going to be price, but not at the cost of performance. I’m keen to see how that works out. :love:

• I am already done.Last few months:Custom Folreden-Strat,second KPA,three LDCs(Neumann tlm102,WARM AUDIO 47 & 251).

I am done.For a long time to come.Now it is all making music.;)

• Hey Nikos, happy with the folreden?

Yes.But to be clear my friend..with Folreden-guitarsyou better stay "vintage".With everything.Dont even bother of asking for some "modern specs" and you will be happy.Dont ask for a thin neck or or a flat fingerboard.Dont ask for tricky electrics.Even if Bas promises you that he will do something "modern"..truth is he will not..

Stay with his philosophy of vintage/relic and you will get a great guitar with unbelievable love for detail and sound.Better said..both Folreden-Strat are right now my main guitars.

• Yes.But to be clear my friend..with Folreden-guitarsyou better stay "vintage".With everything.Dont even bother of asking for some "modern specs" and you will be happy.Dont ask for a thin neck or or a flat fingerboard.Dont ask for tricky electrics.Even if Bas promises you that he will do something "modern"..truth is he will not..

Stay with his philosophy of vintage/relic and you will get a great guitar with unbelievable love for detail and sound.Better said..both Folreden-Strat are right now my main guitars.

Sounds not so bad. I have heard bad reports about quality , so I didn’t pushed the trigger. Bas is not so far located from my hometown, maybe I visit him in summer......

• Sounds not so bad. I have heard bad reports about quality , so I didn’t pushed the trigger. Bas is not so far located from my hometown, maybe I visit him in summer......

Yes do this.It is not bad quality It is top quality.The guitar herself I mean..but the guitar will maybe not arrive to you in 100% "playready".You'll gonna pay some 1500€ for a custom made guitar which is build with love for great detail and will sound like a fender custom shop 4x this price.But you will need maybe an hour to fix minor issues.And yes..the bridge is a rather "cheap" (standard,not bad at all) Wilkinson but expensive ,"heavy massive" bridges were never part of the "real" stratsound.I say this because I know guys who have customstrats with super expensive bridges..and sound like shit.Funny but true.I onced in the 90s changed the shitty original bridge on my 1977 Stratocaster with a very expensive one..and got a completely different sounding guitar.Dead and sterile.Ofcourse I kept it with the original.Some things in the guitar world remain a mysterious secret.

• Yes do this.It is not bad quality It is top quality.The guitar herself I mean..but the guitar will maybe not arrive to you in 100% "playready".You'll gonna pay some 1500€ for a custom made guitar which is build with love for great detail and will sound like a fender custom shop 4x this price.But you will need maybe an hour to fix minor issues.And yes..the bridge is a rather "cheap" (standard,not bad at all) Wilkinson but expensive ,"heavy massive" bridges were never part of the "real" stratsound.I say this because I know guys who have customstrats with super expensive bridges..and sound like shit.Funny but true.I onced in the 90s changed the shitty original bridge on my 1977 Stratocaster with a very expensive one..and got a completely different sounding guitar.Dead and sterile.Ofcourse I kept it with the original.Some things in the guitar world remain a mysterious secret.

Thx Nikos, maybeI give it a shot, at the moment I am totally impressed about my MM Luke II and ma MM JP6 with the piezzo system. My jems are outstandind and I grew up withthe ibanez high speed axes, but the cleans from the Luke unbeatable.

• I always loved the clean sounds of the JEMS..of course not straty..but nice!No further questions for the MMs.Great all-round guitars.

Try the Folreden-Strat Frank.Even better make the trip to Bas.He is indeed a great guy.

One last thing about the "quality"..the woods are obviously very good.The PUs are users choice and (as in my case) in the price of 1500€ included.The work is top(woodwork,frets,electrics etc) and besides the standard Wilkinson trem(which is a very good vintage style strat trem IMO) of absolute highest quality.

My first Folreden-Strat beats easily most of the Fender-Custom shops ie sound I have tried during the last year's.I told Bas I want a very warm "woody" blues sound with best possible percussive attack and sustain.He did it.Exactly like I dreamt about the sound of my next new strat to replace my old one.

My second Folreden-Strat has DiMarzios Injectors and indeed has this taktaktak "machine gun" kind of thing going on (bridge and neck).Exactly like I wanted it to be:A more "modern rock" type of sound.

Both guitars have a (very) fat neck.I wanted this for the sound.And Bas was obviously very happy to fulfill this request.I am quite sure that if I would have asked for a thin neck..now I would be as disappointed as some other guys who asked for this and did not get it.As I did not get the big radius I asked for mine two strats.Well..

This is how I see this.Great guitars but you better know what to expect.Nevertheless..IMO there is no question that it is top quality and unbelievable value for money.