Let's talk using two KPA's..

• This.Have not see any thread for this in the tips and tricks forum.Strange enough.

Recieved my second Kemper(Toaster,No power amp) today..and I know that there are many others here who can boast the same(some lads have even more than two..Kempers of course..).

A)How do you guys "manage" them;How do you use them together;

B)Cables,other hardware etc for connecting/selecting them..

C)How do you use your cabs/FRFR with two KPAs..

And of course what ever I forgot to ask but is important..let me know..

Let's share experience..one KPA is a powerful tool..know with two I feel like King Kong..;)

• Hey..not all at once please..^^

Okay..

Today was my first day I had the time to unpack my new toaster and to use it with my rack for stereo-recording.Just wow.I use the direct out of my rack to "feed" the new toaster.Marvellous.Together with my triple-play-system and a lots of plug-ins.I believe I can do now work in a week I needed weeks for just some months ago.I am orchestra!!=O;)

I wonder what it would be like to use this setup in a live-situation.No way to do anything complex without an editor though..but wait..

• I have 3 KPA's 2 i use in the studio when recording and it works really well when tracking guitar. I will most of the time, have say a mesa triple rect profile and a Diezel profile used at the same time. I go in one KPA and out of the direct out to the input of KPA 2. I make sure i have constant latency on. The only down side for me with this is that i have to turn off or disconnect one KPA from the Mac as Rig manager cant let you control one KPA at a time. So previewing rigs that might go together well can be a pain, but hey its just one of those things. M

My 3rd KPA is my live one that is racked up in the bands mixing desk flight case and only used for gigs.

• Thank you guys..I started to feel lonely..^^

I know Ash has two and as far as I remember he even uses tem for live-gigs;I hope he comes around..

The only down side for me with this is that i have to turn off or disconnect one KPA from the Mac as Rig manager cant let you control one KPA at a time.

I have to say that two KPAs are " a must" and I wish I had go for my second much earlier.It is indeed the most usefull tool you can have as a guitar player.Right now I feel a little bit in wonderland.So happy..but as you say..an editor with two KPAs is sure something we all wait for now.

• I see the combination of two KPAs doing wonders in a "integrated midi environment" with DAWs,synths,plug ins..I see myself disappear in some deep,deep rabbit holes for the next month's..ugh..I am not the right guy for this.But there is no way around it.X/

• You can do so many things with 2 Profilers. the sky is the limit. Really difficult to even tell you exactly how to hook them up because it all depends on what you're location is like. Just let me tell you that the possible use of the Kemper Profiler goes WAYYYYYY beyond using it for guitar/bass only.

PS: I own 3 Profilers and the 4th is already planned for this year.

• lightbox..Yes my friend..two days passed since I got the toaster..I am still shocked.Right now I am only thinking about what will be possible soon.It is great.Indeed.First of all I bought the second KPA "for work" but yesterday I was jamming around with two KPAs "left/right" and the Triple-Play with synths centre..could not stop playing.And some ideas for my own personal projects were flowing through my brain.

Anyway..

I would be happy for any experience shared dear lightbox.

Without to disclose any "secrets"..can you tell me some reasons for the 4th KPA?Just curious;

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• There is nothing better than two nice studios in two different beautifull places!!;)

I see the KPA becoming the "standard" in most serious studios around the globe.I am not kidding.Like NS10 or U87/C414s..

• I currently only have one, but have been thinking about getting a second one lately. I have the unpowered rack version, and have it in a rack with a Helix. I run my guitar into a pedalboard which goes into the Helix, out to the Kemper, back into the Helix, out to a tray of Strymon pedals, then back into the Helix a last time and to output. I want to get another rack Kemper so I can run two different amps at once and pan them left and right for a fat, fat stereo sound. Imagine then running that through a Mimiq. Oh lord, it'll sound like a whole band camp!

Then further down the line, I want to get a power amp like the Powerstage 700 and two 2x12 cabs. I bet it'll sound like there's a million guitars, everywhere.

It may sound like I'm joking or just being plain silly but I'm actually dead serious. I have two Powecab Plus', I want to place those on top of the 2x12s and use them as wet speakers in a W/D/W setup with all of this behind it. That'll probably sound like around 1,5-2 million guitars or more, all the way to Mars. Still not kidding.

• There are already guys who do this:Two Kempers/Mimiq/two cabs..

For me even without the Mimiq the sound of two profilers is "glorious".Amazing.I will just say that I use also the fishhman triple play.KPAs left/right,TP center..boom!

• The only down side for me with this is that i have to turn off or disconnect one KPA from the Mac as Rig manager cant let you control one KPA at a time.

I've just been playing with this ^ ... Workaround: If you are in Browse (on both) , Send Profile "A" - this goes to both KPAs. Now turn one KPA to Perform and send Profile "B" This only goes to the KPA in Browse. Reset the Perform KPA to Browse and you now have "A" & "B" It works similarly in Perform (turning to Browse)

• I've just been playing with this ^ ... Workaround: If you are in Browse (on both) , Send Profile "A" - this goes to both KPAs. Now turn one KPA to Perform and send Profile "B" This only goes to the KPA in Browse. Reset the Perform KPA to Browse and you now have "A" & "B" It works similarly in Perform (turning to Browse)

Excellent work around thank you, drives me insane waiting for the kemper to boot up when i have clients in the studio.

• What about using the Helix for the second parallel Amp instead of a second Kemper?

You've probably tried it already, so what's your experience?

It definitely works. This is just GAS talking but two Kempers could have many uses. I picture being in some kind of band at some point, and I envision taking it way more seriously than anyone at my level of playing, nonetheless I would care about the overall product we'd create. I could use them for connecting 3 or 4 guitars to this one rig, elaborate dual amp setups on one guitar whilst chasing the elusive ultimate tone. But yeah it's mostly just GAS haha.

Another thing is, from the Helix to the Kemper there's added AD/DA conversions that potentially could cause phase issues. Two Kempers could be run at constant latency. This isn't an issue I've actually encountered although I only set up a quick patch to try it out. It sounded good to me then and there but I didn't qualify the experience. I could've just had unattentive hearing at the time. I dunno but probably it's just GAS trying to talk myself over about how good the idea is on paper lol.

What I really want is a huge rack with lots of blinking lights. Different colored Kemper screens. Lmao.