Which Delay Type for both Solo and Rhythm?

• Hi, I am looking for a delay type and settings which can be mostly always on, it will make the note or chords sound juicier and more wet. Can anyone recommend which type of delay I should use? And also for the delay settings, mainly I just tweak the MIX and FEEDBACK, right? Thanks!

• For a fatter clean rhythm sound (single notes and chords) a really short 20 to 50ms delay can really help notes seem fatter and bloom a bit more.

Sometimes for solos, especially if you play percussive rakes unto your note, you need to lose some low end from your delay - so cut the low in the delay parameters, and often the top end of the delay can interfere with the actual notes you are playing, so cut the highs.

I find this gives a fuller sound than ducking - but setting the ducking to 0.5 can really help clarity.

Hope this helps!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Thanks! So which type of Delay from the Kemper you will recommend?

• I like using the Andy Timmons approach of two different delays in series. You can do that with the Twin Delay. He uses about 375ms and about 500ms for the other (if using rhythm options 3/16 and 4/16 works well). Feedback to give around 5 -7 repeats and a little bit of modulation. Leave it on all the time but morph the Delay level to taste with an expression pedal.

In an ideal world I would want to assing a pedal specifically to delay mox and have it always available so that morphing could be assigned to other features but at the moment morph is you friend.

• I like using the Andy Timmons approach of two different delays in series. You can do that with the Twin Delay. He uses about 375ms and about 500ms for the other (if using rhythm options 3/16 and 4/16 works well). Feedback to give around 5 -7 repeats and a little bit of modulation. Leave it on all the time but morph the Delay level to taste with an expression pedal.

In an ideal world I would want to assing a pedal specifically to delay mox and have it always available so that morphing could be assigned to other features but at the moment morph is you friend.

Thank you! Twin Delay means TwoTap Delay?

• Sorry, my fault. I think Twin Delay is what it was called on my old astrymon Timeline ^^

Two Tap Delay will give you a simple clean delay pattern but the Andy Timmons one actually feeds the first delay into the second delay so the pattern because more complex as the repeats continue. You would use Serial Two Tap Delay for this.

He demonstrates it on various you tube videos including the end of the Premier Guitar rig rundown. Starting about 36 mins in.

Timmons delay

And towards the end of this pedal rundown

https://youtu.be/rt35SuXQYfU

• No problem, I will check that out :)