Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• By the way: keep your fingers crossed for Arne, Oskar, Georg, Timo and a couple of others brilliant guys. Rig Manager is a real team effort ;) I know you can't know that but it seems to be the perfect moment to mention it.

welcome back!

Yes I didn't know that
    but I think they have a lot of experience and I support them very much :thumbup:

Did I mention that I thought about VST supporting DAW automation? ; D

[Blocked Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/26n6ybs8ggWeFFy1O/giphy.gif]

• I think MIDI learn is only an option for DAW plugins and not for stand-alone programs.

Then maybe Kemper can do what Spectrasonics is doing with Omnisphere. They are using 60+ hardware profiles of synths to control Omnisphere. I understand that there is a lot of sysex programming required for each profile. But Spectrasonics is working with other manufacturer's products and they've pulled it off.

Kemper only needs to create a 'profile' of the Kemper, the way that Spectrasonics has created one for over 60 synths.

• Then maybe Kemper can do what Spectrasonics is doing with Omnisphere. They are using 60+ hardware profiles of synths to control Omnisphere. I understand that there is a lot of sysex programming required for each profile. But Spectrasonics is working with other manufacturer's products and they've pulled it off.

Kemper only needs to create a 'profile' of the Kemper, the way that Spectrasonics has created one for over 60 synths.

Can you elaborate how it should work and how you will use this ?

I'm asking seriously because I'm curious.

• GString

Could I request the inclusion of an identifier for merged profiles ( I've put a thread in feature requests as well)? I hope it's a simple change/inclusion :)

I will second this. Would be very much appreciated.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Sorry if i missed it, do we know if the 3.0 will include a way to manage/change cabinets in rig manager? Doing that is terrible on the Kemper, especially with purchased IR libraries where the names are super long and you can't even read them after importing.

Thanks.

• Then maybe Kemper can do what Spectrasonics is doing with Omnisphere. They are using 60+ hardware profiles of synths to control Omnisphere. I understand that there is a lot of sysex programming required for each profile. But Spectrasonics is working with other manufacturer's products and they've pulled it off.

the editor will be controllable from the actual PROFILER hardware. That was demonstrated in various NAMM videos.

• the editor will be controllable from the actual PROFILER hardware. That was demonstrated in various NAMM videos.

While I'm enthusiastic about the new editor (you guys are doing really nice work from what I saw), the hardware controller conversation is the part that I find entertaining.

I spent $1200 on a Mackie MCU Pro hardware controller so that I wouldn't have to fiddle with a mouse when mixing in my DAW, since it's easier to just grab a fader or a knob. Of course, the profiler already is a hardware controller. So naturally, we need an editor so we can fiddle with a mouse.

But of course, I'm easily entertained. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I don't care what rotates, I'm just glad to be getting an editor. a NICE BIG DISPLAY. :) I am glad it merges with the Rig Manager, one program.

Now if studio, you can just have your Kemper way over with your other stuff and just sit at your desk and control everything from easy reach and view, or if you are playing out, you have your lap top or whatever to get a large view of live.

I kinda dig this rack, kinda bulky, but it has a nice lap top mount on it. 4U and wheels. :)

• While I'm enthusiastic about the new editor (you guys are doing really nice work from what I saw), the hardware controller conversation is the part that I find entertaining.

I spent $1200 on a Mackie MCU Pro hardware controller so that I wouldn't have to fiddle with a mouse when mixing in my DAW, since it's easier to just grab a fader or a knob. Of course, the profiler already is a hardware controller. So naturally, we need an editor so we can fiddle with a mouse.

But of course, I'm easily entertained. :)

Well, for starters, a mixer is the centerpiece of a DAW. However, if a hardware controller requires me to twirl a knob 10 or 15 times just to access an effect or preset, I'd opt for a drop down menu using a mouse and keyboard any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Maybe they can add MIDI assign to the rig manager controls inside of the rig manager at some point. That way not only could you control it with your Mackie, but you could control it from (and maybe with MIDI out record it from) your DAW, which would make for way easier show automation with a nice UI showing you what's actually happening if your Kemper isn't connected.

Honestly I kinda see the manager as a potential godsend for techs, not just for engineers in the studio.

• Hi folks :P^^! Long Time!

I am glad that a new editor is being created, I keep my fingers crossed for Georg and the Team.

Hello my friend ! Nice to see you!!!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• They might also be toying around with a "hands on" hardware console much like Softtube did. I think that would be awesome! 8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• nobody from Kemper ever said that (but I get the feeling that some here believe it). you move the knob as if it would be a slider. not in a circular fashion.

Cool deal. Thats what I figured. I really had no desire for an editor but now that I've seen it integrated into RM I'm lusting for it. I don't think it could have been planned more brilliantly.