Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Welcome back, DamianGreda !

On the subject of locking, perhaps something similar to how it works in a DAW, where "mute" affects a single track, while "solo" mutes all other tracks.

In such a situation, you can also solo multiple sections or mute more than one.

I think a similar logic could be applied to locking on the Kemper.

We could also have a "mute all" and "solo all" button to turn on or off all locks.

• I have another request please.

I used to own an Access Virus and one of the coolest things about it was Total Integration. This allowed you to use the device like a VST within your DAW.

If Kemper Amps could do this for the Profiler, it would be great to be able to store things like the profile name, the state of all the knobs and other tweaks, etc.

• I still have a TDM Pro Tools version of the Virus plugin. It doesn't require hardware though, apart from an HD Accel card.

For all the updates, I hope the complexity and myriad of options all lay beneath the relatively simple basic operation. Sometimes it is worth remembering this is a guitar preamp. I don't envy Kemper with so many different opinions about where they should go.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

I used to own an Access Virus and one of the coolest things about it was Total Integration. This allowed you to use the device like a VST within your DAW.

If Kemper Amps could do this for the Profiler, it would be great to be able to store things like the profile name, the state of all the knobs and other tweaks, etc.

I've asked for this before - I did not know this was already in the Virus so it gives me hope it's possible here :)

Yes, that would be great! I have tried to do something similiar (via MIDI ) but it was only working with saved rig. KPA DAW SAVER > A little plugin that can save current rig with your DAW session.

But it was an old project and very poorly thought out. First of all, it did not save the input and output configuration settings and this is crucial in DAW. And two that he would have to have the option to restore settings after finishing the reamping.

• I'm wondering if there could be some(right click ) option feature to replace the edited preset in all rigs containing that set of parameters in all fx's . Since the Editor with Rig Manager works on the basis of a database, you could search for all rigs present locally on kpa with the same parameter settings. Maybe it would help users who expect such functionality as flyingheelhook .

• One thing I dislike in the current rig manager is the waste of space on the right hand part of the screen. Even when you drag open your windows there is still space left unused.

Perhaps this was left for something?

Maybe we can have the editor controls in a vertical strip instead of the bottom horizontal ?

I would also love to see the editor as a floating tile that we could drag and leave open, even if Rig Manager is minimized off screen.

• Can't wait for this. It's all getting very exciting

Yes it is, I must say that's look very very nice and I can't wait for this too !!

It was really not what I needed the most at the time (early user) but I actually work a lot more in the home studio than doing live gig etc and my Kemper is not in an easy place so this will help a lot !!! I also feel like that I will explore more the Kemper deeply with that tool !!

Please don't forget old OS users (OSX Mavericks in my case)

• Please don't forget old OS users (OSX Mavericks in my case)

we support what makes sense from various standpoints. it's not necessary a good idea to start developing something and use deprecated/old technology right from the start. of course, we have no plans to exclude older versions unless we feel that it is necessary. macOS 10.9 is a borderline case, can't promise anything right now. for windows, it will be 8 or higher. there might be a chance that new rig manager version will continue to work with e.g. windows 7 but the editor part will be not visible in this case.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I must admit that I have to think about upgrading Windows as support for Win 7 ends/has already ended (don't know exactly). On the other hand I'm not much of a computer guy anymore. What I need to do still runs with Win 7. But not having the new editor sure is a downside.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I hate having to use Windows at all but I hate 7 less than any of the others :P

Yeah - seriously, Win 7 support should be no issue. A large proportion of Windows based music guys are still using Win 7. Win 8.x was a disaster and Win 10 offers no compelling advantages on older systems. The machines I would use the editor on are Win 7 by preference.

• One good reason to upgrade from OSes that are no longer supported is security.

When companies cease to support an OS, they stop providing critical bug fixes and closing loopholes. That's kind of what caused the whole "Not Petya" attacks in recent years and the hijacking of the NHS computers, among other things. The hackers specifically look for OSes where these loopholes have not been closed.

I can strongly recommend an update to Windows 10. Not on account of looks, because Microsoft has sworn off making any new versions of the Windows platform. This is the last one, and I find it is very stable.