Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Maybe they shouldn't have announced and shown the two products, (editor, and speaker with Kemper Kone) in January if they were nowhere near ready. Kind of like how they didn't announce the stage. But I get that. Because then people like me wouldn't have bought the rack (like I did) or toaster. I would have waited.

Well you made the choice to buy without any concrete delivery date on the editor. That's not Kemper's fault. That's yours. When I bought mine a year ago, there was no new reverbs even though there was word that they were working on them. I didn't care because I was happy with what I bought because what came in the box is what I bought. No vapour ware or promises. Just a Toaster that came with OS 5.5 and I was happy with it.

• I have limited opportunity to play guitar these days, so tweaking my (already great, if I do say so myself) tone is the last thing I care about.

When the editor releases I'll find myself wanting to mess around with it and waste time. So the longer it takes, the better for me.

• I have limited opportunity to play guitar these days, so tweaking my (already great, if I do say so myself) tone is the last thing I care about.

When the editor releases I'll find myself wanting to mess around with it and waste time. So the longer it takes, the better for me.

So, everyone who’s dying for the editor really just wants a new excuse to not practice. :S:?::S:!:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• No one's arguing. We are just explaining why we are right! ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• A lot of cringe in here these days...

The forum used to be much more information-driven and helpful years back. These days it seems most people come here for the circle jerk. A decent number of old members have noticed and either withdrawn quite a bit or been chased away, which is unfortunate, and I think the overall tone has suffered from it.

• So, everyone who’s dying for the editor really just wants a new excuse to not practice. :S:?::S:!:

Actually now the editor is badly needed..indeed..

The Kemper in its current state has become the "new standard" for many big recording studios and live productions..we talk about really highly complex huge "systems" in which every single tool is driven by programmes which synchronize everything.Sound,light,video screens etc,etc..a friend(sound engineer) of mine in Germany has told me that he had to "manage" three Kempers in a very big orchestra/pop live-production fully integrated into the whole thing all automated,midi "and stuff"...yeah..I remember his whining about the missing editor..;)

I have two kempers in my small studio and use morphing a lot.And honestly without an editor it is a pita.I will use the editor..as soon as it appears..which will be soon,I don't worry a bit.I now come every morning here to finally get the good news.

Other than that..For small gigs,"normal recordings" and other "usual Rock'n'Roll Business..No way I will touch the editor.I will continue to use it as an amp.:D

• People had been making arguments about why an editor could, would be a great tool to have, for a very long time (and I haven't always needed one too badly). I guess it's a good thing that kemper updated their philosophy and proceeded to make an editor. Plenty of people will make great use of it. And threads can then perhaps focus more on functions rather than the endless cyclical stuff we've seen for years now when it comes to more-or-less industry standard editing software.

The bonanza

• Indeed @Dimi

I also don't understand what all these discussions are about.Completely useless..the editor will come any day now,tomorrow,on Tuesday maybe in 10 days,who cares..so we can stop time consuming talk and concentrate on more important things for the future.

The editor of the KPA for sure will be different from any other editor on the market since "creating the basic rig" will remain a very easy thing:Right profile,little adjustments..

The Kemper Editor will be all about "connecting to the environment" and fx/presets/performance managing.

This will be very interesting to work with..no "sound rabbit holes" with dozens of pages only for the basic rig and endless tweakings which most of the time end up in complete confusion,tired ears and endless "follow on tweaks" on every occasion.

The Kemper Editor will be indeed very helpful for making all the endless possibilities easier to manage and to connect to our individual environments..

Again this is a first.;)

• Actually....it was a joke *in response* to a joke.

I realize many here derive a living from it. But, this is music, folks. If we can’t have some fun and enjoy laughing at ourselves, what’s the point?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche