Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I think a little more respect to the People at Kemper , who do a marvelous Job,

should offered in this thread :!:

I don't see much disrespect, only people excited for an editor that frankly is years overdue, a huge oversight. I love my Kemper and all the updates are incredible for such limited dsp power, killer reverbs, etc, but honestly I shouldn't even have to qualify my opinion in that regard. We know they do a "marvelous job".

• I don't see much disrespect, only people excited for an editor that frankly is years overdue, a huge oversight.

I don't think its years overdue. I've used my KPA effectively without an editor for 5 years. They have focussed on other things seen as a priority and to be honest I think they got it right.

To be clear I really want an editor and I wasn't bothered about reverbs BUT I repect that direction of travel as many other people needed those verbs.

Should the KPA have been delayed in its released so it ships with an editor? Nah. Happy I have had the fun I've had.

The editor is a valuable edition ( see what I did there) but not a show stopper.

The froth is mainly becuase we know its coming...for that I am really excited!

• After the stage release, i think it is.

Is it? I don't have a stage but yes I can imagine bending down to make changes is a pain but...

1) most of the set up you'd do at home/in advance - so not on the fly. Therefore I would assume you can put it on a table...

2) Changes on the fly you would not have a computer linked up to it...

I see its needed more with the stage but in practice...hmm..

Again I'm not down playing the editor, I argued hard for one...but as an addition to a great unit.

One of the differences I feel with the KPA is its more amp like than a helix or Ax and I tedn to use it that way. Load a profile, quick fiddle and done but I apreeciate not everyone does this and the KPa has deeper capabilitites.

Not looking to re-open the "should it have come with it in the first place" debate, just my opinion.

• With the release of the new delays I expected the editor to be "on the way"..

Before OS5 an editor was not necessary at all.Loading in a profile and adjust it a bit..this was the game on until october 2016.

Now the reasons to use an editor are plenty:New delays,morphing(more so when using two kempers together),new reverbs,cab managing and some more good reasons for each user to find for his personal needs.

It is a must now and for this reason we will have it soon.I don't understand all this negative energy about the few days delay..

• After the stage release, i think it is.

I guess all those people with pedalboards are out of luck then...

Oh, and the more that USB connection is used for, the more reliant this piece of otherwise timeless gear will become on the not so timeless computer OS connected to it... What if Kemper goes bankrupt, or ceases to update rig manager after 3.0? by the time Mac OS is at 10.18 it won't work anymore... For that reason alone I would even suggest that the Profiler gets a function to import rig by rig from a USB stick, it will make it even more timeless and not reliant on changing PC hard- and software... Not that I'm against an editor, but I don't rely on it...