Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• "But also, we sincerely believe that it's better to invest a couple of additional days."

Now, I'm proud of my O' Levels in French and German, but somewhat less proud of the extent to which I have made use of this skill set since taking the exams. I am therefore more than happy that we have so many contributors to this forum, from places far and wide, who choose to communicate in English (so at least I can join in occasionally) and I would never nit pick people's spelling, grammar or phrasing . . .

However, perhaps (and I mean perhaps) the above quote does include a small but important typo:

"But also, we sincerely believe that it's better to invest a couple of additional delays."

Did you spot it too?

I think " a couple of additional delays" takes us to Xmas, but if anyone moans, we might all end up on the naughty step.

• Exactly! I am in this thread because I’m eagerly awaiting the editor which I can use! I don’t understand the people in this thread that have no desire or need for an editor, yet post? I’m not in the hundreds if not thousands of other threads posting in there? I just would like to see the editor! If I’m at a restaurant and my order is an hour late is that wrong of me to complain or ask politely where’s the food??? If my car is being serviced and they have to take me a day later is that wrong of me to ask why? or if I’m at a guns and roses show back in the 90s and the band is three hours late, is that wrong to complain By ripping the seats out and throwing them everywhere ??

I don't see much disrespect, only people excited for an editor that frankly is years overdue, a huge oversight. I love my Kemper and all the updates are incredible for such limited dsp power, killer reverbs, etc, but honestly I shouldn't even have to qualify my opinion in that regard. We know they do a "marvelous job".

• In the real world... people have holidays, get sick, have setbacks, have other more urgent product issues to focus on.

The editor doesn't stop the Kemper from being sold, so the only "deadline" is the complaining from existing customers that bought it knowing there was no editor.

• Wasn't that all or nothing? I didn't find a way to import separate rigs... little cumbersome that way...

From the manual:

You can either transfer these Rigs from your Mac or PC to your PROFILER using our Rig Manager application or use your dedicated USB memory stick. In this case please copy the Rigs to the directory called “Shared” on your USB memory stick. Next, plug the USB stick into the USB slot of your PROFILER and switch to Browser Mode. Then press the soft button “USB Stick”. You will be presented with an option to import the content. You can import Rigs and presets this way.

✓Import and export functions are only available in Browser Mode.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Exactly! I am in this thread because I’m eagerly awaiting the editor which I can use! I don’t understand the people in this thread that have no desire or need for an editor, yet post? I’m not in the hundreds if not thousands of other threads posting in there? I just would like to see the editor! If I’m at a restaurant and my order is an hour late is that wrong of me to complain or ask politely where’s the food??? If my car is being serviced and they have to take me a day later is that wrong of me to ask why? or if I’m at a guns and roses show back in the 90s and the band is three hours late, is that wrong to complain By ripping the seats out and throwing them everywhere ??

You pay for those things. If you were getting your car done for free would you be angry if they asked to do it one day later?

• I always felt early on with kemper that it is mandatory, that a tool like this which already has a USB integration with a PC / MAC has an editor.

and should have had it at launch.

Rig Manager .. is not an editor .. you only manage profiles .. import / export, nothing deep .. you know, for me at least.

there are a lot of complex options there, and for me sitting on a desk, in my home studio.. it's not practical to mess with knobs..

the editor is finally coming, of course. When? We don't know, of course. kinda frustrating .. but surely for many like me who feels this need, the possibilities to deepen more dynamically in kemper, increases and much, certainly I'm looking forward to it, I can't wait to release it.

• other than a second usb cable I'm happy with toast me [ not the small font ] but for free, I'm not complaining , thank you!

Did Kemper think they didn't have to do an editor, or public demand pushed for one? or low priority not being a revenue generator ?

products that have started out as software first are already there, [ Helix ] kemper himself is not a gtr player ?

But, something that makes the product more useful and easier to use [ and explore the possibilities of ] is a good thing, so

i have no expectations other than RM3 will advance the productivity & enjoyability of the kemper.... whenever it comes!

• other than a second usb cable I'm happy with toast me [ not the small font ] but for free, I'm not complaining , thank you!

Did Kemper think they didn't have to do an editor, or public demand pushed for one? or low priority not being a revenue generator ?

products that have started out as software first are already there, [ Helix ] kemper himself is not a gtr player ?

But, something that makes the product more useful and easier to use [ and explore the possibilities of ] is a good thing, so

i have no expectations other than RM3 will advance the productivity & enjoyability of the kemper.... whenever it comes!

Consider this, 70% of us guitar players are using their heads and racks in normal situations, so you would dial tones in your bedroom/studio, and then do barely no adjustments in the road. Then comes the STAGE, and sudenly, the presentation becomes a bit awkward to manipulate, as having the STAGE on a table is not really ergonomic, and crouching to do adjustments, then up to hear the changes becomes cumbersome in the seek for perfect tone nirvana (not that kemper does this pretty easy anyways). Considering how the STAGE is designed, a rig editor sounds like a sound idea to bring in more customers. I was about to buy the stage, then I realized I would almost never play live, and went for the rack and a rackbag. Editor would be neat, but not needed....or would it???

The answer is 42

• You pay for those things. If you were getting your car done for free would you be angry if they asked to do it one day later?

Actually Yes, and I do get my car serviced for free or they call it complimentary, since I bought the car through the dealership. But the delay would be a hassle because of my schedule. I also sometimes do complimentary/free work for people as well and I don't want them to value it any less because it's free:)

Edited once, last by munkee ().

• Actually Yes, and I do get my car serviced for free or they call it complimentary, since I bought the car through the dealership. But the delay would be a hassle because of my schedule. I also do complimentary/free work for people as well and I don't want them to value it any less because it's free:)

I don't know why they argue, for a service to be distributed for free .. it has a right to be neglected to the consumer ..

• In the real world... people have holidays, get sick, have setbacks, have other more urgent product issues to focus on.

The editor doesn't stop the Kemper from being sold, so the only "deadline" is the complaining from existing customers that bought it knowing there was no editor.

Sales would increase, lack of editor sneaks into all comments negatively.

• Sales would increase, lack of editor sneaks into all comments negatively.

After 8 years, I don’t think the editor matters that much to Kemper’s bottom line. The Stage appears to be a sales success and no editor sightings since NAMM.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• After 8 years, I don’t think the editor matters that much to Kemper’s bottom line. The Stage appears to be a sales success and no editor sightings since NAMM.

To some measure. But it's important to be mindful of the difference in attitudes on the forum vs outside of it. People on any forum tend to be the most enthusiastic proponents of a brand, who also comprise the vast sum of early adopters.

On the other end, I have a friend who is trying to sell his KPA and keeps getting asked by people if it has an editor. Clearly people looking at Kemper are aware of it and it's at least dissuaded a few. May seem ridiculous to some here, but that's just the reality. If it's a concern for people looking at used products, it's certainly something people buying new also think about. Doesn't spell doom, but I don't think it's as flippant and harmless as some people have been making it out to be.

• I treat this thread like Shrodinger’s Editor.

If I don’t open it, it might be available.

Oh, bugger.

Comfort yourself with the knowledge that in a parallel world you are currently now merrily scrolling through delay after delay and tweaking the sh*t out of everything and anything that moves when the cursor lands upon it - whilst your guitar looks back at you forlornly wondering when you will next give it a proper stroke (the guitar that is, not the cat you've locked in a box).