Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• The only danger I see in the rotary knob UI is when it comes to the Master Volume. I have used a PC editor on an other device, which used rotary knobs in the GUI to mirror the physical knobs on the hardware -- and I noticed that the mouse/cursor interaction with the GUI representation of the rotary knob can be very imprecise, or react in unexpected ways.

Normally, if you are just changing an effect parameter this is not much of an issue. However, I could definitely see a major area of concern when this comes to adjusting the Master Volume / Output Volume. I could foresee the possibility of accidentally going from low volume to SPEAKER BLOW-OUT levels, particularly on the powered KPA, in the blink of an eye, by the unintended click or movement of the mouse/cursor.

• I could foresee the possibility of accidentally going from low volume to SPEAKER BLOW-OUT levels, particularly on the powered KPA, in the blink of an eye, by the unintended click or movement of the mouse/cursor.

Good idea to prevent from a danger!

• I could foresee the possibility of accidentally going from low volume to SPEAKER BLOW-OUT levels, particularly on the powered KPA, in the blink of an eye, by the unintended click or movement of the mouse/cursor.

Yes, it’s crucial that this can never happen.

• Circular knobs in a GUI haven't needed to be moved in a circular manner since the old days, in case you were referring to me as "some here". I've been using every kind of software since the beginning of software.

I won't offer any more suggestions, I promise.

Of course more suggestions are welcome. Regarding the linear/circular knob behavior: it might be that we offer that as an option in the final version, but linear will always be available and default.

• A couple of things here.

Firstly, if you like sliders, great. I don't. They take up way too much screen real estate compared to knobs(eg. Helix's GUI). That said, I think knobs are more relatable. However, if you must implement them, please allow the end user to select between both, knobs or sliders.

Secondly, I use the lock feature religiously, so I'm very much hoping "Lock" can be implemented for every section, so if I need to lock effect(s), stomp(s), amp, cab, stack, etc., I won't have to reach over and do it manually. On that note, I also love the way ToastME implemented the locking feature with regard to cabs, whereby with one click you can lock everything but the amp or the cab.

• Of course more suggestions are welcome. Regarding the linear/circular knob behavior: it might be that we offer that as an option in the final version, but linear will always be available and default.

I think the confusion is from the speculation (which we have to do because we don't know).

There was a concern that the circular knob display would require a circular motion ( which is unusual). I don't think anyone wants that. I think the real debate was between sliders and knobs..

So, should it be sliders or knobs - differences of opinion on this, pros and cons outlined by Per.

If its knobs, I think everyone agreed not a circular motion.

Its been confirmed this isn't the case so all good.

• Secondly, I use the lock feature religiously, so I'm very much hoping "Lock" can be implemented for every section, so if I need to lock effect(s), stomp(s), amp, cab, stack, etc., I won't have to reach over and do it manually. On that note, I also love the way ToastME implemented the locking feature with regard to cabs, whereby with one click you can lock everything but the amp or the cab.

Of course we will implement locking. We like it a lot, as you do. Other products we made editors for had locking as well, in fact the locking in Profiler is a result of the locking we had in the Virus remote plug-in introduced 10 years ago.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

you will not be able to change the master volume on the editor.

• Most VST plugins have the skeumorphic display to mimic a compressor or synth control panel or whatever. However, there is always a button on the top bar that switches the display from the GUI to a simple list of parameters with horizontal sliders beside them.

That depends on the host.

• I got this message from Kemper.

"The editor will be released with the new Rig Manager version in summer this year. An exact date is not available in the moment."

Wow, I didn't think it would be that far out :rolleyes:

• Hi folks :P^^! Long Time!

I am glad that a new editor is being created, I keep my fingers crossed for Georg and the Team.

Of course we will implement locking. We like it a lot, as you do. Other products we made editors for had locking as well, in fact the locking in Profiler is a result of the locking we had in the Virus remote plug-in introduced 10 years ago.

Can I suggest to implement something like Inverse lock in Toast ME but even more flexible.

Just simple left click(double click , right click menu) on the GUI module to lock and right click(or right click menu) to lock everything else but this module.

Then two problems arise:

1. How to reset or fast disable such locks .

2. What if the user wants some particular section to stay locked (Input Section for example). This may be solved by some kind of Mask of locks in the settings.

• Welcome back!

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There are certainly smart things you can do with locking, a UI driven approach with a big display is perfect for those things. We had "reverse locking" in one of our existing plug-ins, chances are good that we do something similar here. But these are the things we need to finish up now, so it's to early to talk about details.

By the way: keep your fingers crossed for Arne, Oskar, Georg, Timo and a couple of others brilliant guys. Rig Manager is a real team effort ;) I know you can't know that but it seems to be the perfect moment to mention it.

welcome back!

• By the way: keep your fingers crossed for Arne, Oskar, Georg, Timo and a couple of others brilliant guys. Rig Manager is a real team effort ;) I know you can't know that but it seems to be the perfect moment to mention it.

A tip of the hat to you all! I know what it takes to get such good quality software out the door. It ain't easy, in a number of ways. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Welcome back, man!! :thumbup: