Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I think I've tweaked my rigs about 5 times in the last 6 months now that I've got it dialed in. I really love playing guitar. ❤

Sometimes I have a little more delay, sometimes less.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I think the main users of an editor are desktop/studio users. However, even though I predominantly play live and don;t make changes that often, it will still be a good addition....even just to stop the "When I bought this pro gear costing me $2000 I EXPECT an editor...."

We can then move swiftly onto " When will we get improved OD's" or " When is the KPA 2 coming with dual rigs" :)

BTW not making fun of those asking for new stuff as its what's keeping the product developing, just those that whinge a bit too much ;)

• Not whining here BUT the NAMM anouncement in Jan WAS what helped me make the final decision to buy the Kemper. I have and still use the Suhr and IRs and get tones I am very happy with.

I am looking forward to its release. I am also enjoying a great summer and playing the hell out of my kemper.

• I expect these have been mentioned before, but I have spent some extended time with my lunchbox and RM over the last few days trying to rationalise my profiles and performances for some upcoming gigs. For my workflow the two issues that I'd like to see improved in a future version of the rig manager are these:

1. Remote Effect Button assignment: As far as I can tell there is no way to lock or copy remote effect button settings from one rig to another. You can lock almost everything and carry it from rig to rig, but not the remote settings. So if you want to set up a family of profiles with the same button settings, the only method is to manually punch them in using the remote (or the assign page in the Rig setting). Seems a bit clunky and not in keeping with the rest of the Kemper workflow. I think it would be nice to be able to bundle up all effects and stomp settings - including remote button assignments - and transfer them easily (cut and paste?) from one rig to another.

2. Managing Performances in Rig Manager: I've gotten used to building performances in Rig Manager by dragging individual profiles into the five performance slots, then fine-tuning them using Damien's excellent Toast ME editor. But it can be nonintuitive when trying to transfer a performance from Rig Manager to the profiler - it seems like you have to save the performance on the profiler, switch performances, then switch back to clear the buffers and have the new performance in place. Even then it doesn't always seem to take. I know it's workable eventually but doesn't seem very robust.

Hopefully the rewritten rig manager with an editor will have tighter integration between the software and profiler, and these sorts of things will be better implemented. Having said that, the combination of the Rig Manager and the Toast ME editor is pretty powerful. When it is all bundled into a single program it will be awesome.

Fred

• I must be a bit of a rarity on here. I bought my unpowered rack 18 months or so ago. I sat working it all out, editing everything for several days, until I got it 100% perfect for using live, or in a studio. Since then, I have NOT done any updates, as I look at it a bit like a real amp. You tweak it to suit, then basically just play.

I have never found an editor an essential item.

• I'm not sure this has been mentioned but I have not seen any Kemper crashes while in profile mode while RM is connected since installing the beta. I did have RM crash but it didn't affect the Kemper.

Nevermind. It just crashed.

• I'm not sure this has been mentioned but I have not seen any Kemper crashes while in profile mode while RM is connected since installing the beta. I did have RM crash but it didn't affect the Kemper.

Nevermind. It just crashed.

Mine crashed yesterday. I don't see that as an issue brought on by OS7 as I had started crashing again on OS6 and possible one of the later %.xx versions. I can't isolate the exact trigger that is causing it though as it happens relatively infrequently.

• Be patient.

CK is actually rolling out the new floor Kemper.

I think that this is higher priority, cause these parts are selled, and of course the Kemper engineer need to earn some money.

But the Editor will be for free (I hope).

Germany, 25°C, must be summer.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• Pretty sure it'll be free! That's the great thing about Kemper, they haven't tried to milk users for every update they have done since the beginning!

• I think the main users of an editor are desktop/studio users.

I live mostly in the studio though I'm poking around trying to find the right set of blokes to gig with. I don't do much editing at all as I bought profiles I like and they need very little help. I do, however, have RM up all the time in the studio just because it's more convenient for auditioning and selecting profiles.

I'll probably fool with the editor a bit just because I can, but in the studio I usually try to find hardware interfaces for my software, e.g. Mackie MCU to control Cubase. As it turns out, my profiler software shipped with a free hardware control interface. In designer green, no less. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• This lack of this feature makes the remote useless to me. If my rigs have a mod or delay in it, I should be able to hit the "mod" or delay button to turn them on/off. Does any other floorboard act this way. My MFC, FC12, Atomic 12, and Line 6 floorboards know when a type of FX is in that preset.

Remember, I said "to me."

1. Remote Effect Button assignment: As far as I can tell there is no way to lock or copy remote effect button settings from one rig to another. You can lock almost everything and carry it from rig to rig, but not the remote settings. So if you want to set up a family of profiles with the same button settings, the only method is to manually punch them in using the remote (or the assign page in the Rig setting). Seems a bit clunky and not in keeping with the rest of the Kemper workflow. I think it would be nice to be able to bundle up all effects and stomp settings - including remote button assignments - and transfer them easily (cut and paste?) from one rig to another.

• So if you want to set up a family of profiles with the same button settings, the only method is to manually punch them in using the remote (or the assign page in the Rig setting)...................I think it would be nice to be able to bundle up all effects and stomp settings - including remote button assignments - and transfer them easily (cut and paste?) from one rig to another.

I think you will see a much improved button assignment setup in RM3.0 but in the meantime, it isn't as bad as you think.

If you lock an effect in a slot that has a footswitch assigned to it on the remote the remote footswitch is also carried over to any rig you load. For example, I always have a Wah locked in Stomp A. I actually use the toe switch on the Mission EP1 to turn it on and off now but if I wanted to assign this to Remote Button I this button would always be assigned to the Wah no matter which Rig I load.

• does anyone know if apart from editing the new editor will also have a new/improved and better way to arrange and manage rigs ?

TBH i could live without an editor alltogether if there was an easy and fast way to browse rigs on the toaster. As other people mentioned before i also pretty much just fire up the Kemper and play, i have a couple FX presets to quickly load my favorite virtual pedalboard and almost everything else i need to dial in killer tones has a direct hardware dial on the front panel so i spend way more time playing than twiddling .... but the one thing that's doing my head in is finding and loading different rigs with that endless list scrolling. I know there are a couple of workarounds to make the listscroller less painful but it requires shuffling around things with RM or creating performance sets first ... which kinda goes against my current plug in and play philosophy.

so will it be possible to for example make/assign our own categories and load rigs in a way similar to the new fx preset loader ? I'd love to be able to group the rigs i like into meaningful categories and have a more intutitve way of exploring rigs i don't know yet ...

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• I REALLY REALLY REALLY want an editor. ^^ Mine is a kemper rack which is across the room, so I now have a bit of walking back & forth when I need to change kemper settings. One other note, kemper builds high quality stuff, so I'd rather wait a little longer for an editor than have one sooner that is buggy. I build software, so I can appreciate good software quality. :thumbup: