Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• This function code is part of the old preset management and completely deactivated since the corresponding backend is gone. It was never intended to be used by third party and I had no idea that someone would. This is also the reason why it wasn't documented (and subject to be changed).

Ok . Thanks for the clarification. Is there any chance that the official 02 multiparameter function will work as it should(affecting sound with all parameters change)?

• I'm really starting to think that we'll be lucky to see the editor before end of the year at this rate. I love my Kemper and they keep making it better and better so I'm not ignoring those things but I just can't see any other major company releasing the floor unit without the editor. Is the issue that they can't afford to hire more software engineers?

“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
    ― Mark Rothko

• I'm really starting to think that we'll be lucky to see the editor before end of the year at this rate. I love my Kemper and they keep making it better and better so I'm not ignoring those things but I just can't see any other major company releasing the floor unit without the editor. Is the issue that they can't afford to hire more software engineers?

I agree that it is needed and it’s the one thing thrown at Kemper, but they’ve said end of summer. And they’ve always delivered so let’s wait a few weeks before we start panicking. ;)

• Ok . Thanks for the clarification. Is there any chance that the official 02 multiparameter function will work as it should(affecting sound with all parameters change)?

And....silence! They are quick enough to slap you down but pretty tight-lipped about supplying any useful detail whatsoever.

Kemper announces a new product. Everyone says, "Hurry up and make it available! Why is this taking so long?"

Kemper releases version 1.0 of the Stage. There are some issues. Everyone says, "Why didn't you wait until you worked out all the issues before allowing it to go out the door?"

Hiring more engineers doesn't address the problem of managing user expectations, which is pretty much impossible.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Ok . Thanks for the clarification. Is there any chance that the official 02 multiparameter function will work as it should(affecting sound with all parameters change)?

Well - THIS function won't be available anymore. There are ideas that might help you on this, but right now it is hard to tell since the focus is different at the moment.

• Just new to Kemper i can't belive a 7 years old product has not yet got a software editor. I sold my stupidly expensive Axe Fx to move for a cheap amp simulator which is Bias Fx and both had editor it's realy sad bc its a downgrade compare to the other i'm not event talking about Helix. I honestly barely used it since i got it it's not as convinient as i thought it was to dial direclty on the unit, the small screen doesn't handle well all the informations and make it unclear to setup for a good tone.

• Just new to Kemper i can't belive a 7 years old product has not yet got a software editor. I sold my stupidly expensive Axe Fx to move for a cheap amp simulator which is Bias Fx and both had editor it's realy sad bc its a downgrade compare to the other i'm not event talking about Helix. I honestly barely used it since i got it it's not as convinient as i thought it was to dial direclty on the unit, the small screen doesn't handle well all the informations and make it unclear to setup for a good tone.

No sense complaining. It'll be here in 30 days or so.

Next week for all I know.

• Kemper said Summer, and I see no reason to doubt the company on its word.

If it had said "Tuesday" and the software hadn't appeared by 8PM on that day would it have broken its promise? That's where we're sitting roughly - it's only 8PM; still 4 hours to play with.

• Kemper said Summer, and I see no reason to doubt the company on its word.

If it had said "Tuesday" and the software hadn't appeared by 8PM on that day would it have broken its promise? That's where we're sitting roughly - it's only 8PM; still 4 hours to play with.

Lighten up:)

I’ve the same opinion since years back, the racket isn’t user friendly at all, the lunchbox is much better with the LED around the knobs.

We see what happens with the new editor, I think it can be a real upgrade . I already use Kemper in my DAW with Cab IR and VST effects, and it works great ?

I can relate to this, an editor is a very useful addition and needed for a device like this IMO.

I recently installed a demo version of Helix Native and found myself enjoying the tweaking and fiddling with effects a lot more than on the Kemper. The fact that you cannot see all effects parameters at the same time on the Kemper makes it difficult for me. Also a dropdown effects box with all effects in there can save much time.

Even while my Kemper is right in front of me on the desk:

I'll wait patiently :saint:

• .... all effects parameters at the same time on the Kemper makes it difficult for me. Also a dropdown effects box with all effects in there can save much time....

Have you tried ToastME Editor? It has all, what you mentioned. Try it here - download, run, setup your MIDI device, connect to Kemper and you're good to go.