Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Just new to Kemper i can't belive a 7 years old product has not yet got a software editor. I sold my stupidly expensive Axe Fx to move for a cheap amp simulator which is Bias Fx and both had editor it's realy sad bc its a downgrade compare to the other i'm not event talking about Helix. I honestly barely used it since i got it it's not as convinient as i thought it was to dial direclty on the unit, the small screen doesn't handle well all the informations and make it unclear to setup for a good tone.

That reads a bit exagerating to me. A good tone Comes from your spirit and your ears. To find the influencing knobs is just a matter of experience.

I just only can recommend to get used to the menues because In live-situations you are dependent on knowing the necessary Parameters and their Locations.

The menues for my Logical thinking are best implemented in the profiler. Some Parameters are unusual and also their impact on sound, but very efficient. An Editor will not help you to know, which Parameter to use for your desired tweaks.

• Have you tried ToastME Editor? It has all, what you mentioned. Try it here - download, run, setup your MIDI device, connect to Kemper and you're good to go.

You're right.

I've tried ToastME, it's a really incredible piece of work, coming from someone who's not even working at Kemper! The one drawback for me is the need for two MIDI cables, in addition to the USB connection (for Rig Manager).

I really hope the Kemper editor will match ToastME's awesomeness.

• Just new to Kemper i can't belive a 7 years old product has not yet got a software editor. I sold my stupidly expensive Axe Fx to move for a cheap amp simulator which is Bias Fx and both had editor it's realy sad bc its a downgrade compare to the other i'm not event talking about Helix. I honestly barely used it since i got it it's not as convinient as i thought it was to dial direclty on the unit, the small screen doesn't handle well all the informations and make it unclear to setup for a good tone.

I have to say that, unless you are wealthy enough not to care about wasted purchases, I’d read thoroughly about any gear I buy in advance. It is even part of the fun to anticipate the features and what you might achieve.

Surely if an editor really is an overriding consideration, make sure it is available before buying. Personally I don’t think the Kemper is about heavy programming and is very easy to control from the front screen.

I will surely enjoy using it when the day comes, but tone is why I settled on Kemper originally.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• And....silence! They are quick enough to slap you down but pretty tight-lipped about supplying any useful detail whatsoever.

Dude......chill. Jeez.

They’ve been quite helpful in all manner of queries. Just because they aren’t on *your* time is irrelevant.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Kemper seem to very rarely give out information ahead of time. Complaining and attacking other users on a forum won’t make it happen any sooner, and if experience is any guide after 7 years it certainly won’t make them give out any more information.

It might however lose you friends, support from the community and even if you’re obnoxious enough about it get you banned, so maybe consider civility as an option rather than being a dick to people trying to help you as best they can from the same position as yourself. It’ll happen when it happens and there are better activities to pursue than burning your own bridges. There really is nothing that you can do other than relax and go play some guitar.

• In my case not really. A great guitar and a great amp with maybe a touch of delay or reverb and I’m done. I’d rather play than tweak.

If you’re in a covers band and you have all these tools to recreate songs almost to the last detail you do need to look at lots of different effects and it can get difficult without an editor.

You may not need it, fine. But it’s not about you. It’s about everyone else.

• There are basically two groups that use the KPA. The Live and the studio crowd. They can and do intermingle but for the most part and generally speaking, its mostly one or the other. Now the "Live" crowd majority might not see the need for an "editor" as the Kemper is pretty easy to tweak on the fly, and besides most of the time the stage is never big enough for what you need. And, no one likes beer on their expensive Laptop. The "Studio" crowd is the group that will be using the Editor more than anyone else Im thinking, but there are a few that do not like and will not use the editor at all no matter what. Its just not their thing. Since Im not playing out much any more and have a small home studio, I will use the editor almost excessively and can not wait to get it installed. Im so glad that it's finally around the corner- THANKS Kemper! My 2 cents ^^

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• There are basically two groups that use the KPA. The Live and the studio crowd. They can and do intermingle but for the most part and generally speaking, its mostly one or the other. Now the "Live" crowd majority might not see the need for an "editor" as the Kemper is pretty easy to tweak on the fly, and besides most of the time the stage is never big enough for what you need. And, no one likes beer on their expensive Laptop. The "Studio" crowd is the group that will be using the Editor more than anyone else Im thinking, but there are a few that do not like and will not use the editor at all no matter what. Its just not their thing. Since Im not playing out much any more and have a small home studio, I will use the editor almost excessively and can not wait to get it installed. Im so glad that it's finally around the corner- THANKS Kemper! My 2 cents ^^

I've been studio but am looking for another band so hopefully will be both at some point soon. I'll certainly play with the editor when it arrives as I suspect there will be things here and there that I'll find useful in the studio and / or in setting up stuff for the live thing. Of course, I have a toaster, so it's not a critical consideration for me. If I had a Stage it would probably become my primary interface rather than doing the old pedal board touch your toes exercise.

From the brief glimpses I saw it looks like it will be nicely done. And yet, ironically, every time I have a cool piece of software in the studio, the first thing I look for is a hardware controller interface (e.g. the Mackie MCU) so I can touch real knobs and faders instead of wiggling a mouse.

I envision the two sides of my brain hiding behind furniture and shooting spit balls at each other. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I am glad that Kemper is releasing an editor. A world class piece of gear like the KPA is well worth having a software GUI to round out its feature list and compete with other devices in its class.

.... but seriously, for those that purchased a KPA knowing it didn't have an editor, and then complain about it not having one ... please. Really? Sell your KPA and buy a Helix or an Axe III Fx. You will be in GUI heaven.

I love how silly easy it is to get a good tone (many of them actually) from the KPA. I have friends with Axe III Fx and Axe II Fx and they even comment on how easily I can get a specific sound for a song so much faster than them.

Again .... the editor from Kemper is on its way. There is a wonderful 3rd party editor that has been repeatedly mentioned (I have given my donation for Toast ME and it is worth every penny).

I have this sick feeling that even when Kemper releases the new editor, we are going to hear nothing but complaints from people about how it works. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished.

• I have this sick feeling that even when Kemper releases the new editor, we are going to hear nothing but complaints from people about how it works. Truly, no good deed goes unpunished.

There will always be complaints no matter what gear it is. But rather than take them as a negative complaint, I try to look at them as "constructive" criticism. And since the shakers and bakers read what we write here (in some forums they don't do this much, in others they do at the wrong place), it cant be construed as anything but more good ideas for them to use in the future! For example, I voiced my opinion on TGP about why NEW information on Helix was arriving there 1st, and not on the Line-6 forums 1st. Now I cant log onto TGP- go figure. But I digress, sometimes negative feedback with a better idea added turns into a big positive later!!! :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• You know you’ve crossed over when the complaints about the complainers start.

....and then it gets *really* silly when complaints about the complainers complaining gets rolling.

Inception, I think it’s called.?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Kemper way of keeping paying customers up to date with infos just simply sucks!

An editor should have been there from the start.

Now more than 7 years for me working without an editor, ....... often a pain in the ass!

:thumbdown:

• I think its important to note we have all paid only once...never paid for one of the many excellent updates...and that we knew what it's feature set was when we did pay for it.

A great policy for engineers and musicians is to buy something for what it is today - and anything that comes in the future (expansions/updates etc) that makes the workflow or the actual sound better - is a bonus.

An editor will be great, but before it was announced that an official one was in the pipeline - we all seemed to be ok :)

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• All good things to those who wait. :)

I'm excited about an eventual editor for the KPA, but I'm also a very patient person. Less tweaking right now, oftentimes means more playing, which is what it is all about. Win/win.

For those who are frustrated: change your mindset because the frustration is doing nothing but holding you back (possibly) in other aspects of your life. Or, at the very least, pick up your guitar/bass and de-stress. You'll feel better.

When Kemper does eventually release a badass GUI to go along with the KPA, it will be more than well worth the wait. I'd rather they take their time and do it right out of the gate, than to provide us with undercooked buggy software.

• An editor should have been there from the start.

Now more than 7 years for me working without an editor, ....... often a pain in the ass!

7 years ago, Kemper did not suggest in the slightest way that they would ever have an editor. In fact, at that time, they advocated that the KPA was supposed to be intuitive to use from the front GUI just like a real tube amp.

If the editor was such an integral part of your work flow, and was more important than any other features, then I think you purchased the wrong product.

I find it hard to believe that you have suffered so greatly over the last 7 years and didn't just sell your KPA. Used KPA's go for nearly the price of used units thanks to Kemper's long commitment to the platform and the strong demand for the product in the market (even used).

I am sure you can find someone who will take that horrible piece of gear off your hands. A sucker is born every day.

Still, I do believe that having a Kemper supported editor will likely raise sales somewhat. There are those with workflows which require an editor. Despite the excellent Toast ME editor, some people feel better with an OEM piece of supported software. I am looking forward to seeing how Kemper has laid it out.

• Well said OneEng1 !

While I personally feel no need for an editor, I will be happy to see it arrive as I know there are many others who do want it.

For me the excitement around RM3 is more about the hope that we get a more stable RM with better Rig Management and sorting capabilities.

For those with a workflow that demands an editor I truly hope RM3 is everything they are hoping for.

However, anybody that bought a Kemper knowing that they need an editor has no right to complain as it has never been a part of the product they bought. The fact that Kemper just keep providing upgrades (and eventually an editor) free of chsrge to existing user is something to be grateful for not something to complain about.

• I agree that it’s nice that the upgrades happen, but unfortunately if they didn’t and they don’t bring out a new product then it would get left behind by all the other products that do. It also entices new customers.

While I’m grateful, they ultimately do it to retain customers and bring new ones in. You have to keep up or you get left behind.