Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• ... but from what you're saying Europe's summer doesn't end then? If that's the case, I was wrong to say we're at 8PM on the day-scale and the company in fact has more than 4 hours left.

Autumn starts on Sep 23rd in Europe.

Thank you, Stephan! <3

• ABOUT OFF TOPIC POSTS

Gentlemen - yesterday I kindly requested to stop the off topic posting, just to be greeted with 25 off topic posts this morning. Somebody stated "who cares". Let me point out a couple of simple things. You've all agreed on the forum guidelines when you signed up, so (pretty!) please, do honour them. The guidelines are there for a reason.

So what's the reason here? This forum is frequented by thousands of people every day. The majority of people is not this little circle who hangs out here on a frequent basis. Instead those are people who did a google search for e.h. the editor and found this very thread. And that's the core of the issue. Not everybody is interested in off-topic discussions taking place in a thread dealing with a hot topic like our upcoming editor.

If you like to talk about bands and amps and music styles - why don't you make a new thread? You can even link to this thread from this one. Nobody holds you back and everybody will be happy. But please <3 stop adding off-topic comments just because you can.

BTW: You can keep discussing what i've just deleted here, all the post were moved:

Spin-Off Off-Topic posts in Rig Manager 3 thread

Thank you, gs

PS: And, please just don't comment on this post. It's bad enough that I have to write it and this way add to the off-topic-ness.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I love the optimism and really hope that you are right.

I must admit that I'm sometimes a little pessimistic and start thinking that the Stage may have hardware problems that just can't be fixed and that that is the reason that there are no updates/fixes weeks after serious bugs have been acknowledged by the Kemper team.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• that is the reason that there are no updates/fixes weeks after serious bugs have been acknowledged by the Kemper team.

Typical. :)

Just after I wrote this I connected RM and turns out there is an update 7.0.4 which includes some bug fixes and missing features.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• This was a direct response to post #597 that addresses the editor by making other points as to why the editor may be the solution to other problems. It can be seen as off topic but I had considered your point carefully before posting and decided that it wasn't really straying into another direction, just terminating a side street. :)

I did make a new thread about 7.0.4 being released at the same time to further discuss that there...

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• You've all agreed on the forum guidelines when you signed up, so (pretty!) please, do honour them. The guidelines are there for a reason.

I've asked about this before, but I'd very much like to read the guidelines again to ensure I don't violate them without intending to in the future. Can you please provide a link to them?

• I posted #597 which I consider to be on topic.

Me too. You made a good point related to the release date of the editor to which I reacted.

I understand the need to keep the topics separated but some things are linked.

There is an firmware update as of today and that is off topic except for the fact that it has an impact on your theory that Kemper was holding out on the updates to release them together with the editor. So in my mind it's all still connected and on topic. ^^

I for one prefer the engineers to be working fulltime om fixing the issues with the Stage and OS7 instead of finishing the work on the editor. So I'm very happy that they did exactly that. The editor is a cake frosting to me, the reliability of the unit itself is bread and water.. All Kemper's resources should therefor be directed there, seeing that Stage users have no stable OS option because OS6 does not work on the Stage.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• I posted #597 which I consider to be on topic.

Yes but when Orwellian things happen they are not taken back, sadly. Write your point about the NEW EDITOR again if you think it was important. I was also misunderstood, I defended Kemper's position on delaying the NEW EDITOR and asked the users to remain patient about the NEW EDITOR. After all the NEW EDITOR is not that important imho for making good song patches in a very short time just from the front panel with no extra screen to look at. Sadly in my deleted post I did not start directly with my points about the NEW EDITOR but with an ironic implementation of Fender delaying their NEW EDITOR for an old tube amp. Obviously GString was not patient enough to read to the end and was angry enough about so many off topic comments to just execute power. Ok. I am old enough to handle this. Anyway, no hard feelings, I am repeating my point in very simple words: I am looking forward to using the NEW EDITOR but I could really live without it. People should not shout at the company but be patient.

I hope this post will not be considered off topic again. It is basically what I said in my longer deleted post.

GString: please just read comments and posts until the end before you delete them. Thanks.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 3 times, last by Alienator ().

• It's been said he didn't want the off topic stuff continued and the comment replied to, and you guys are still commenting and replying to it.

Let's move on before the thread gets closed.

• I agree with you. Much as the editor will be a welcome addition to many people. There are currently lots of problems with the Stage and I have no problem with the Kemper team working flat out to sort that as a higher priority than the editor.

@G String you mentioned previously that the editor was still on target for summer release. Is that still the case?

• It's been said he didn't want the off topic stuff continued and the comment replied to, and you guys are still commenting and replying to it.

Let's move on before the thread gets closed.

I wonder what we’ll whine about once the editor ships, 7.0 is in full release and the Kone arrives.?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• What % of guitar players do you think spend a majority of their time leaning over and twiddling on a computer?

I'd say majority non-gigging bedroom players. There is a massive market deliberately aimed at tweakers, I don't think Kemper is in this business though, it's covered by many others. It's much easier to fiddle with the knobs than play guitar.