Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• OD stomps......Univibe.....dual amps......kemper 2.0......etc....

There will always be something to discuss I’m sure :D

Playing it pretty fast and loose with the word ‘discuss’ aren’t we?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'd say majority non-gigging bedroom players. There is a massive market deliberately aimed at tweakers, I don't think Kemper is in this business though, it's covered by many others. It's much easier to fiddle with the knobs than play guitar.

I can't wait for the editor and the convenience for dialing up effects etc. But one of the main reason I want the editor to be released is for those wonderful Tweakers! It's those guys/girls that figure out those hidden tips and tricks that I would not have found:)

• I can't wait for the editor and the convenience for dialing up effects etc. But one of the main reason I want the editor to be released is for those wonderful Tweakers! It's those guys/girls that figure out those hidden tips and tricks that I would not have found:)

Very true. They uncover many cool things.

• I'd say majority non-gigging bedroom players. There is a massive market deliberately aimed at tweakers, I don't think Kemper is in this business though, it's covered by many others. It's much easier to fiddle with the knobs than play guitar.

I disagree with this completely. So much no.

Bedroom players want to play. Just because they don’t play out means nothing. Doesn’t make them tech-tweaking savants. Let’s face it:

*Most* guitar players don’t play out.

Tweakers are a breed that love understanding everything their gear can do. The ones I’m aware of positively rip. If they chose to play out, they’d be just fine.

I don’t see how a tweaker can get good, usable sounds without knowing how to play quite well.

• I would like to know if we will be able to cut and paste rigs between folders and subfolders in the new version of R.M. I don't see it in the last beta version 2.3.8. For now, I can copy and paste, but not cut and paste. Same thing with drag and drop. Everything duplicates.

Claude

Not all timbres are created equally. I learned this from synth programming. Small adjustments can make a sound stand out. I usually run a DI loop through my DAW and then start experimenting until something jumps out. It also helps when you have multiple instruments, as you can dial in sounds that work together. Once you have designed your sound palette you can go into to live mode. I have discovered some amazing FX chains on my FX8 using this process, and having a Kemper Editor will give me an extra layer of control. There is nothing unique about this, as artists have been creating masterpieces for centuries using this same method. Like I said, once you have got all the sounds nailed you can revert to live mode, and it makes mixing a lot easier too.

• For anyone complaining... please rethink:

- you bought a kemper knowing there was no editor... you bought it anyway... probably because it sounded better than the competition and was simpler to use than the competition despite having no editor (or actually maybe because there was no editor...)

- since the kemper was released they have made countless great upgrades we all got for FREE... incl delays and reverbs which are amazing on any std

- you have not had to buy 2 new sets of hardware unlike with axe...

- now kemper is releasing everything people asked for and still you complain... common, we can wait a few weeks or even months....

I'm not complaining, but by your logic there was no need to develop the firmware past v1.0 as we all knew what we were buying.

Secondly, everybody who bought a Kemper has paid for a piece of the development that everybody else gets for free! The early adopters kickstarted the project by accepting an item that was lacking in features, with promises of them being added later. These latest firmware improvements are being paid for by new hardware buyers, and in return they are receiving for free all the enhancements that other Kemper owners have already paid for in the past. Now this is only a guess, but I think we are getting the editor thanks to the new purchasers or the Stage, as the users of a floor-standing unit will soon tire of bending over all the time.

That is the business model, we are a big happy collective, and Kemper is a fantastic company.

• What's wrong with that? They paid less for the equipment?

Have less rights to expect new features?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. Many hardware manufacturers know that there is large group of people who prefer to play with the knobs and touch screens over playing guitar and decide to cater to them.

• I didn't say anything was wrong with it. Many hardware manufacturers know that there is large group of people who prefer to play with the knobs and touch screens over playing guitar and decide to cater to them.

What do you think about artists who spend their time sketching and carefully organising their colour palettes instead of painting? Without these people there would be no great art hanging in the galleries. Music can be viewed as painting with sound and it follows the same artistic principles. Nobody plugs their guitar into an amp and bangs out a great album. You need some prep, and an editor will help in this regard.

• What do you think about artists who spend their time sketching and carefully organising their colour palettes instead of painting? Without these people there would be no great art hanging in the galleries. Music can be viewed as painting with sound and it follows the same artistic principles. Nobody plugs their guitar into an amp and bangs out a great album. You need some prep, and an editor will help in this regard.

Lots of insecure people here :). I never said it was anything wrong with it or it wasn't useful. People made a great careers out of twiddling knobs.

• Lots of insecure people here :). I never said it was anything wrong with it or it wasn't useful. People made a great careers out of twiddling knobs.

Consider the wording of your first post:

I'd say majority non-gigging bedroom players. There is a massive market deliberately aimed at tweakers, I don't think Kemper is in this business though, it's covered by many others. It's much easier to fiddle with the knobs than play guitar.

Not the first time you've suggested this, and is deliberately passive aggressive in delivery, suggesting that those who tweak don't play (which is entirely untrue). Plenty of people get thousands of pedals to "fiddle knobs" and discover sounds and textures to play with. The RM editor would more easily facilitate people who want to use the effects without scrolling through all the pages or parameters on a tiny screen since the "pedals" in the KPA are internal. That would actually make more time to play guitar due to convenience, and probably inspire plenty more playing.

Either way, Kemper is a digital device with loads of functions that requires a learning curve, so yes, it is in the business of catering to said "tweakers". Professionals, amateurs, hobbyists, all enjoy experimenting with their sound and in the case of the KPA, paid a premium price to do so. Given that the editor is hopefully just around the corner, and hopefully makes utilizing all the in-depth options easier, I don't see the reason to continue making needlessly snide swipes at those who may value diving deep into them more than yourself.

• Lots of insecure people here :). I never said it was anything wrong with it or it wasn't useful. People made a great careers out of twiddling knobs.

Yes. You most certainly did.

I'd say majority non-gigging bedroom players. There is a massive market deliberately aimed at tweakers, I don't think Kemper is in this business though, it's covered by many others. It's much easier to fiddle with the knobs than play guitar.

Ten tons of passive-aggressive criticism here. You then double-down claiming others are being insecure. (You couldn’t be wrong.....everyone else is insecure....)

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Yes. You most certainly did.

Ten tons of passive-aggressive criticism here. You the. double-down claiming others are being insecure.

No it's not passive-aggressive or any other made up BS, you don't know me, I really don't care about others insecurities. It's much easier to fiddle knobs than play guitar, therefore more people twiddle knobs than play guitar and hardware manufacturers know it. Some of these people become great producers, to push it even further, a few of them (surprisingly, one of the best) admit that they were more inclined to play with gear than guitars, so they have made a career out of it and produced quite a a lot of great albums. In some rare cases they can do both.

Bottom line is, editor may or may not be a handy thing to have, depends on a person. We know it's coming, so whole discussion is purely a banter.

• FYI, it's not about insecurities. For years your contributions have been almost exclusively passively hostile towards people who might have critical things to say about the KPA for lacking something they desire. I'm only pointing them out so you may consider a more constructive approach.

The editor is (thankfully) on its way, you're correct. Let's hope it lives up to the ambitions the many who'd find it useful have.