Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• This forum is very helpful on the whole, but you have to remember that a vocal minority making complaints don't represent the whole. Most Kemper users probably get on with playing guitar and take the updates as a bonus.

Does anyone have any idea how many Kempers have been sold?

Probably not as many as they would have if it came with an editor ;)

• Well my new studio configuration need clearly an editor cause it almost on the floor (even before, cause i make a lot of home studio stuff, I needed an editor to tweak less painfully).

Kemper Stage owner's who need to tweak precisly their sounds must be very agree about the needed of an editor.

Maybe it will have a lot of changes since the time they presented it (looked already very cool in my memories)

• This forum is very helpful on the whole, but you have to remember that a vocal minority making complaints don't represent the whole. Most Kemper users probably get on with playing guitar and take the updates as a bonus.

The vocal minority... I don't know...

I am calm and wait and wait, didn't complaint to much, and wait and wait and wait... be patient and wait....

But: Everyone I know in the real world wants an editor yesterday:/Minority? No way! No way ^^ I know people who bought the Kemper and believed the "Rig Manager thing" must be be some kind of editor. They just couldn't believe a device in 2019 has no editor. And it is hard to believe really!

No one I know is patient about it ^^They are silent maybe and not vocal, but still "pissed" that it takes so long. Sorry but this is the reality I see.

And I have not talked about people, that didn't get a Profiler yet, because of an editor missing!

• ToastME has been available for some time. Why is this not good enough for anyone to buy a Kemper even if they strongly need an editor?

• ToastME has been available for some time. Why is this not good enough for anyone to buy a Kemper even if they strongly need an editor?

... and folks who have been using a Kemper for some time (and wanting an editor) have likely been using it. That said, it's not a native editor and is feature-limited w/ OS 7.x if memory serves. If someone is new(ish) to the Kemper world (i.e. Stage), they are possibly more surprised at the lack of an editor. There is competition (well, maybe not for the awesome Kemper tone) and the editor is a given/assumed 8|.

Kemper will clean-up OS 7 and the editor will follow and be amazing. 8o

• The incoming editor will be another wonderful tool for us, just like the knobs are now on the KPA. Tone wise I doubt it will make much difference as the Kemper already sounds great as is. Its "reaching the knobs" next to the DAW part I want the editor for. 8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• ... and folks who have been using a Kemper for some time (and wanting an editor) have likely been using it. That said, it's not a native editor and is feature-limited w/ OS 7.x if memory serves. If someone is new(ish) to the Kemper world (i.e. Stage), they are possibly more surprised at the lack of an editor. There is competition (well, maybe not for the awesome Kemper tone) and the editor is a given/assumed 8|.

Kemper will clean-up OS 7 and the editor will follow and be amazing. 8o

The limitation with OS7 is that ToastME cannot access presets; however, all other functions are still available, as far as I know anyway.

• Rig manager 3.0

or how to respond to people complaining about people complaining about complainers... :)

"They don't KNOW that we know they know we know! Joey, you can't say anything to them!"

"I couldn't even if I wanted to!!!"

;)

Jeffro

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• A lot of people are interested in the editor, nothing special about it. Many of us, including myself, desperately need it. I am amazed at how many impatient, urgent messages have been here over the last 2-3 months. However, I am genuinely surprised that today is August 28th and they still haven't released it. I also saw the NAMM video in January, where they showed the software to the public and said it would be released during the summer. I don't urge them, but I hope we can try out the editor in September and we don't have to wait until the last quarter of the year.

• A lot of people are interested in the editor, nothing special about it. Many of us, including myself, desperately need it. I am amazed at how many impatient, urgent messages have been here over the last 2-3 months. However, I am genuinely surprised that today is August 28th and they still haven't released it. I also saw the NAMM video in January, where they showed the software to the public and said it would be released during the summer. I don't urge them, but I hope we can try out the editor in September and we don't have to wait until the last quarter of the year.

I don't know if I saw the same video. But it seemed they stated it would be ready by the 3rd quarter(July-Sept) I believe after that statement they said possibly "earlier"???

• As mentioned by others, summer in the EU ends at the end of September, so there's no need to get flustered.

And even assuming they miss that deadline, it's important to have perspective: Murphy's law is a real thing.

Once it's here, I for one am hoping it isn't a buggy mess. That's an even bigger wish from me than the idea that it may be delayed by a month or two.

Given that they have demonstrated working OSes at NAMM, I sometimes secretly wonder whether Kemper Amps feeds us slowly with bits and pieces of what is already a finished product to keep the hype mills working :D

• As mentioned by others, summer in the EU ends at the end of September, so there's no need to get flustered.

I agree that it hasn't hit its timeline, but I can't blame people watching the software and hardware issues with the Stage and getting a bit discouraged. Obviously the hope is that everything is situated by the time the editor comes out, and who knows if it will be just like the one at NAMM. You'd hope given the loooong wait since then that many more features would be added to make it more comprehensive than what was demoed at NAMM, which was pretty minimal.

Once it's here, I for one am hoping it isn't a buggy mess. That's an even bigger wish from me than the idea that it may be delayed by a month or two.

I agree. Would sooner wait a little longer than get it when it's not ready to go. Something tells me the Stage rollout probably has Kemper a little less eager to pull the trigger and repeat this again.

Given that they have demonstrated working OSes at NAMM, I sometimes secretly wonder whether Kemper Amps feeds us slowly with bits and pieces of what is already a finished product to keep the hype mills working :D

The past few years more people have been vocal about the lack of anything, let alone something being teased. Though, relatively a lot was teased at NAMM with the editor, new OS, and Kone (which feels like discussions of have died off, but that might just be my impression). Given the backlash from the year before having nothing, I think they went the opposite way and tipped their hand at most of what was to come through the year, though all were more conceptual than mature.

• I agree that it hasn't hit its timeline, but I can't blame people watching the software and hardware issues with the Stage and getting a bit discouraged. Obviously the hope is that everything is situated by the time the editor comes out, and who knows if it will be just like the one at NAMM. You'd hope given the loooong wait since then that many more features would be added to make it more comprehensive than what was demoed at NAMM, which was pretty minimal.

I don't think it makes sense to link the Stage issues and the editor release. Sure, a lot of people are disappointed by the Stage issues, but there are also quite a lot of happy users.

In that regard, I think it's safe to assume that there's a separate set of coders for the hardware side of things and a separate team foe software. So resources may not have to be diverted from the editor to rectify the Stage problems and vice versa.

I had made some suggestions, like the idea of being able to undock the little parameter editing section shown in the demos. Also more screen space devoted to the editor than just a little strip at the base. Hoping to see them included in the final editor.

I agree. Would sooner wait a little longer than get it when it's not ready to go. Something tells me the Stage rollout probably has Kemper a little less eager to pull the trigger and repeat this again.

The past few years more people have been vocal about the lack of anything, let alone something being teased. Though, relatively a lot was teased at NAMM with the editor, new OS, and Kone (which feels like discussions of have died off, but that might just be my impression). Given the backlash from the year before having nothing, I think they went the opposite way and tipped their hand at most of what was to come through the year, though all were more conceptual than mature.

It's definitely smart marketing. Look at the amount of buzz on this forum alone. And from what I can tell, the Kemper Stage has been selling extremely well, with a whole lot of

people citing the form factor as their excuse to go Kemper.

There's less excitement about the Kone right now because the Stage has stolen the spotlight. But just wait till it releases, you'll see a whole lot of users adopting it, especially if there's a powered version to pair with unpowered versions like the Toaster (I'm sure there will be).

I think key to this whole Stage launch issue is the fact that no one seems to have lost faith in Kemper Amps. A lot of companies see blowback over manufacturing issues on launch, but in the case of Kemper, it has just rolled off its back.

I think that has a lot to do with how they are tackling replacements and refunds on a war footing. Haven't seen anyone complain of being denied their money back or a swift replacement.

That's good practice. In a couple of months, the Stage issues will be relegated to the history like the the LED issue, I'm pretty sure about that.

• Yesterday was a broadcast About "Musical Inventors in Germany" in the Radio.

There I learned that the Kemper Company has a staff of about 60 members worldwide.

I think it's ridiculous to complain About their Efficiency. For me it's exemplary !!