Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• The editor is absolutely useful to every single user. Whether someone chooses to use it is up to them, but it's nonetheless an asset. Everybody at some point will change a parameter, which a comprehensive editor can accomplish. On the flip side, not everybody is going to have a practical use for a particular stomp, like an acoustic simulator.

So yes, every single user benefits from the option of a desktop editor.

• I have to disagree with you MementoMori. Totally with Mats and Ruefus. There are many things more useful to more people than an editor. That doesn’t change the fact that many people want one whether it is is useful or not because editors have become fashionable to the point of being seen as indispensable.

Like Matts, I will probably find some use for some parts at some point and I’m not saying we shouldn’t have one as many others will no doubt use it but to say it is useful to everyone is a classic case of projecting your beliefs on others.

• Another way of looking at it:

Given that it's going to be built into Rig Manager and that practically every user already employs the app to some extent or at least occasionally, what're the chances that most will never explore / venture into the editing module/s?

I'd say very-near zero. In this light, it could be said that the option will in fact be useful to almost every user, even if he or she only uses it once. :/

• The editor is absolutely useful to every single user.

Blanket statements or absolutes as this one is usually aren't. Except for the person suggesting it.

"My way or the highway"

I know that song. Never liked it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited 2 times, last by Ruefus ().

• My point was its usefulness to each user, whereas other peoples sticking point seems to be who uses it.

I'm not arguing some may forego it, but it is nonetheless universal in that its function is doing something that every user does. Whether that's as simple as tweaking the EQ, gain, master volume, adding/editing/changing effects, etc.

This also isn't to say that some may rather have X, Y, or Z over it. That's beside the point I was outlining.

Whether someone chooses to use it is up to them, but it's nonetheless an asset.

I understand this statement because it gives us another "option" in our music arsenal. And as far as I am concerned the more options we have the better we are. Whether you chose to use that option is your choice of course, but without those options you don't then "have" that choice. Id rather have it and not need it versus the other way around. Wouldn't you?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• The editor is absolutely useful to every single user.

ToastME already exists and is a fully functional editor. Honestly, while I have every respect for the good folks at Kemper, I seriously doubt the first release of their editor will have every bell and whistle that exists in ToastME after a year or more of revisions and user feedback. Sure, they will get there, but likely not on the first down.

Further, there are people that don't use an editor at all (most I suspect). Certainly I didn't use an editor with my tube amp rig ;)

I too would likely enjoy an acoustic sim .... but again, I doubt "everyone" would. A friend of min that plays in a metal band comes to mind ;)

Everyone here will surely enjoy the new editor.... but then most here are Kemper enthusiast. I certainly don't think we represent the average Kemper user.

Fractal's editor is the bees knees. I can get a great tone 10 times faster on a Kemper without an editor than someone using Fractal and their great editor :)

Still, the wait will be over soon. Hopefully everyone will chill out and jam after it is released.

• My point was its usefulness to each user, whereas other peoples sticking point seems to be who uses it.

I'm not arguing some may forego it, but it is nonetheless universal in that its function is doing something that every user does. Whether that's as simple as tweaking the EQ, gain, master volume, adding/editing/changing effects, etc.

OneEng1, the premise is about the fact that an editor is not exclusive to any type of player or sound, it is fundamental to running a Kemper, be it on a desktop or the front panel. That is what I mean by it being useful to everyone whether its used or not.

Further, there are people that don't use an editor at all (most I suspect). Certainly I didn't use an editor with my tube amp rig

I very much disagree. In the digital domain, nearly every person I've encountered uses a desktop editor. Kemper being the exception since the editor is still forthcoming. Nonetheless, it's not uncommon by any measure. Add that most Kemper users are not members of this forum, and the few that I know who are not were always aghast at the lack of an editor. It's also been mentioned before by myself and others that when potential buyers inquire with us and we inform them there's no editor, it absolutely influences their decision. Thankfully, that will soon change.

This forum, because we're surrounded by, as you say, "Kemper enthusiasts", is a much different place with different attitudes than exist elsewhere, that are typically less forgiving. The Stage issues on this forum are handled in a pretty civil manner. Other forums, not nearly as much from what I've seen. I only bring that up to help illustrate the culture here vs elsewhere. I wouldn't assess consumer attitudes just based on this forum, which is mostly Kemper's most loyal

• Further, there are people that don't use an editor at all (most I suspect). Certainly I didn't use an editor with my tube amp rig ;)

Do you only use one rig in your Kemper? You'd probably need to have multiple tube amp rigs to copy what you have in your Kemper. ;)

I've been hoping for an editor since I got my Toaster in 2012 so I guess I am willing to wait a bit longer for Kemper to get it as bug free as possible.

Cheers,

jayson

• What's the point of discussing if we need an editor or not ? It's coming either way, so if you are not interested by it, don't use it.

Some people like to see the world burn. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have to disagree with you MementoMori. Totally with Mats and Ruefus. There are many things more useful to more people than an editor. That doesn’t change the fact that many people want one whether it is is useful or not because editors have become fashionable to the point of being seen as indispensable.

Like Matts, I will probably find some use for some parts at some point and I’m not saying we shouldn’t have one as many others will no doubt use it but to say it is useful to everyone is a classic case of projecting your beliefs on others.

Thank you for projecting your beliefs onto me ;)

• Why am I getting flashbacks to, "Less filling! TASTES GREAT!!!"

"You can call me 'Ray', or you can call me 'Jay', but you can't call me 'late release of the editor'" :)

I'm old and have a remarkable memory for stupid commercials of my youth,
    Jeffro

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Just like every single user benefits from the option of an acoustic sim, or more stomps, etc.. I also agree with Mats, Serendipity, and Ruefus on this point.

Difference is an acoustic sim is not practical for every person. Some never have a need for one.

Conversely, every sound requires sculpting. Whether that's on the front of the amp or internally. That is the editors function, hence every single user benefits from it being there. It's not beholden to any type of player or sound, making it universal to each and every user.

• Some never have a need for one.

I think you just like arguing. As Mats said above - he's perfectly content editing on the KPA itself, so (your words) - "the OPTION of a desktop editor" is just that, an option. It does NOT make it absolutely necessary that every user will benefit from it. I understand your point, truly I do, but some will probably never use it.

Gary ô¿ô