Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• This thread is so long I don't remember if this is the place to talk about the editor features or not...

In case this the right place to do so, I'd love to have the ability to assign stomps to the remote via the editor. Rather than having to use the traditional hardware method (press profiler stomp button and remote switch at the same time).

+1 that would be a great useful feature.

I hope the process for creating performances is simplified. It would be great to just assign a profile to a slot, then assign whatever FX you want and save the whole thing.

Agreed. Another useful workflow enhancement.

Fr me RM/Editor is all about improving workflow for things like creating performances rather than having nice shiny onscreen versions on the physical knobs.

• Being able to pull performances together in the editor is one of the main things I’m hoping for. Personally, I am not a massive tweaker who obsesses about the small things - for my own mindset I am hoping for something that makes it easier to make a performance in terms of the fx layout / morphing and then save this as an fx chain that I can easily duplicate elsewhere. It will also be great to see (for example) all of a delay’s parameters on one screen as I am convinced I’m missing some neat tricks simply because I don’t go to the 4th or 5th screen of parameters. There is hidden magic that I’ve been too lazy to find so that will be good too.

I’m hopeful it makes the obsessive tweakers happy too and I’m sure it will - we all want different things out of this box that make sense to our own personal needs and preferences. For me, it’s about simplifying certain aspects of the use.

Looking forward to it whenever it drops and I am grateful the company showed it in January - I know some folks have got upset and for sure I’d have liked it already but, for me, I prefer the excitement of knowing that something is coming as opposed to complete silence. The complaints are changed from ‘can we have one’ to ‘when is it coming’ so I guess Kemper can’t win but, as a customer, I have preferred this 9 months of knowing.

• Being able to pull performances together in the editor is one of the main things I’m hoping for. Personally, I am not a massive tweaker who obsesses about the small things - for my own mindset I am hoping for something that makes it easier to make a performance in terms of the fx layout / morphing and then save this as an fx chain that I can easily duplicate elsewhere.

that’s exactly what I'm hoping for too.

• I share other's concerns about an editor that relies on a usb connection.

USB doesn't have to cause such problems. I've got other types of gear which functionality never has been impeded by anything connected to its USB-port. What I fear is that the problem is at driver-level which puts a fix out of reach of CK and his team. I believe the KPA is based on some minimalist, preferably real-time, operating-system which would be responsible for handling networking/USB I/O. A network-scan I did some time ago by hooking the network-port to my LAN was unable to clearly identify the system, but the exposed part of the network protocol-stack was pointing to some form of Windows. You'd need internal knowledge of the design to be certain.

That said, I think we should drop the bug-discussion from this thread. My point was only to emphasise that I wish CK and his team are able to solve this issue with a firmware-update accompanying the editor when it finally arrive. A failure to do so makes the KPA/editor combo a lot less desirable for uses where the editor will be left idle, but remain connected, for longer periods of time.

• Looking forward to it whenever it drops and I am grateful the company showed it in January - I know some folks have got upset and for sure I’d have liked it already but, for me, I prefer the excitement of knowing that something is coming as opposed to complete silence. The complaints are changed from ‘can we have one’ to ‘when is it coming’ so I guess Kemper can’t win but, as a customer, I have preferred this 9 months of knowing.

They announced the editor because they had the Kemper Stage floorboard in the pipeline.

It is very unfortunate that the editor was not ready for the launch of the Stage. But imagine, people would have NOT known an editor will come - or the insecurity that a late announcement would have induced.

So they HAD to tell the crowd before.

• I hope the process for creating performances is simplified. It would be great to just assign a profile to a slot, then assign whatever FX you want and save the whole thing.

As lk_bill suggested, being able to assign these various buttons to the Remote is also sorely needed.

Exactly what i need it for as well. I am sure this would save me 1-2 full work weeks in time on a yearly basis.

But imagine, people would have NOT known an editor will come - or the insecurity that a late announcement would have induced.

Im just too insecure for this...8o

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Most of this message has nothing to do with the Kemper Editor.

I called out people on the Kemper product team. Are you on that team?

And BTW, this: :) after an condescending message is cancer.

I read it. He said "stuff happens", and it does. What was condescending about the message?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Since it's often difficult to convey emotion or attitude in text, even without language and cultural differences, emoticons are a common way of letting people know that a statement that might be read as insulting was not intended as such. I also made a point of saying that in the last paragraph.

Yes, you called out the people on the product team, demanding that they give you an exact date for when the editor will be delivered. I explained the difficulty of exact dates, based on 30 years of paying the bills as a software developer. However, there's always something new to learn in this business, so perhaps your demands are based on your own professional experience in some area of technology where declaring and meeting precise delivery dates are the norm.

Either way, if you felt my statements were condescending, imagine how the Kemper product team would feel about being "called out," a phrase that has its origins in one guy telling another to step outside so that they can have a fist fight.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I know exactly when we will get it....

Right after they FINISH IT.

Until then I'll play my guitar and be happy. :)

Others would be unhappy regardless...I can't help them so I won't worry about it. ;)

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Love this timeless classics...8):D

• Since it's often difficult to convey emotion or attitude in text, even without language and cultural differences, emoticons are a common way of letting people know that a statement that might be read as insulting was not intended as such. I also made a point of saying that in the last paragraph.

Yes, you called out the people on the product team, demanding that they give you an exact date for when the editor will be delivered. I explained the difficulty of exact dates, based on 30 years of paying the bills as a software developer. However, there's always something new to learn in this business, so perhaps your demands are based on your own professional experience in some area of technology where declaring and meeting precise delivery dates are the norm.

Either way, if you felt my statements were condescending, imagine how the Kemper product team would feel about being "called out," a phrase that has its origins in one guy telling another to step outside so that they can have a fist fight.

I'm asking for transparency and holding Kemper to account for what they announced in January.

We're paying customers, they should have the courtesy to keep us in the loop.

• This thread is so long I don't remember if this is the place to talk about the editor features or not...

In case this the right place to do so, I'd love to have the ability to assign stomps to the remote via the editor. Rather than having to use the traditional hardware method (press profiler stomp button and remote switch at the same time).

Could not agree more.