Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Mazda was one of the last car companies to offer Android Auto in their cars. All they ever said was "we're going to have it eventually". A year and a half later there it was. Plenty of people whined about it because "every other car manufacturer has it". Meh. They put it out when they had it ready. Incidentally, I had a hacked version of it in my 2016 mazda and it was unstable as f**k.

I'm going to just sit back and chuckle if the folks at Kemper say "welp, you cried about it too much. We're tired of hearing it. The editor is shelved. We'll get back to it when we have nothing better to do".

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Aaaannnnnnd while I'm at it......

The KPA operates fine without the editor.

It did, nor does not now come with one.

One was never promised nor offered in the marketing of the device.

They don't owe us an editor.

We are not entitled to one.

As much as I would like to have it available, I'm just not going to get bent out of shape over it. I sure did shell out my hard earned dollars for my KPA, and it does exactly what I bought it to do. It also does everything it's advertised to do.

And to further reinforce my car references, here's another analogy:

Ferrari: we've decided we're going to engineer a supercharger for our production cars. Not sure when it'll be done, but we're working on it."

Ferrari owners: "well, if it's not available immediately, without a single issue, for free, then I'm going to sell my car and buy a Porsche"

• All they ever said was "we're going to have it eventually". A year and a half later there it was. Plenty of people whined about it because "every other car manufacturer has it". Meh.

When they released it all former owners had to / still have to pay if they'd like to have the upgrade. Not so for the editor.

• When they released it all former owners had to / still have to pay if they'd like to have the upgrade. Not so for the editor.

Thinkin' it's time for another couple of months hiatus from this forum. It was funny at first but some of you guys are way too eager to nitpick and just argue for the sake of arguing.

• You can't try to delegitimize peoples arguments, then accuse them of nitpicking when they dissect your reasoning.

Besides, I don't think team Kemper gets nearly as bent out of shape over the handful of cries for an editor as the people here do.

• If kemper team was loosing sleep over people being impatient about an editor (which has been requested since the unit came out, more or less, with threads way way longer than this one) they probably wouldn't have a functioning company to start with, considering challenges that come with such endeavors :)

The bonanza

• This thread is like the new Fractal FM3 pedal thread over at the Fractal forum. It’s been delayed a few months and people are going nuts wanting an update every few minutes...

People waited patiently for nearly 2 years for a promised FX8 firmware update, and then the owner said they are not going to get one 8|

• I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Editor beta's on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched KPA's glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… impatient "paying customers" in rain. Time to die...

:D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thinkin' it's time for another couple of months hiatus from this forum. It was funny at first but some of you guys are way too eager to nitpick and just argue for the sake of arguing.

Nah, you bring arguments to the table which do not fit the context. Please stop generalizing - I have never been inpolite nor should you.

BTW: I got the patience to wait for the editor and anything else which may come - plus yes, I have humour. ;) So let‘s get back to the topic now.

• When the editor does get released this thread may turn into a "We WAITED 9 months for this piece of ...???????" But I doubt it. Knowing Mr. Kempers skills and ideas this may very well be the Editor that ALL other editors will be compared to!

• When the editor does get released this thread may turn into a "We WAITED 9 months for this piece of ...???????"

You might not have been here long enough to remember the delays, the reverbs and the multiple OS releases: the editor release will go almost unnoticed/unappreciated and a few hours later, the same users will just move on to the Kone/Kabinet thread whining about why the latter still aren't out yet.

• I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Editor beta's on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched KPA's glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… impatient "paying customers" in rain. Time to die...

:D

Spikey - I just realized that your avatar reminds me of a certain piece of origami that crops up here and there in Blade Runner.

• You might not have been here long enough to remember the delays, the reverbs and the multiple OS releases: the editor release will go almost unnoticed/unappreciated and a few hours later, the same users will just move on to the Kone/Kabinet thread whining about why the latter still aren't out yet.

Yes, very likely; however, the big difference being that Kemper will actually MAKE money when they release the Kone/Kabinet while the editor is simply work and time for Kemper...... now, really, there is an impetus for the editor ..... but it ISN'T our whining.

Since Kemper released the Stage unit, they suddenly do have a need for a good editor. As pointed out by many others, it simply is not ideal to bend over to adjust things on a stage unit. The editor suddenly becomes more of a "need" than a "want".

Yea, yea, yea ..... I know that for those who do lots of recording work and have everything else in their chain available through the keyboard and mouse, the editor is seen as a "need".

I have not felt this to be true myself simply because there IS in fact a VERY comprehensive editor available for the Kemper in the 3rd party "ToastME" software. I also feel that it is likely that the lions share of people who purchase a Kemper do so for live purposes .... further lowering the need for Kemper to have an editor.

All that said, a Kemper brand editor connected through USB will be a good thing.

Personally, I simply want a nice show setup tool so I can quickly arrange performance slots according to a given set list. I don't really need a full featured editor for that.