Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I own both and disagree. Do you (or have you) own(ed) any of the Axe-Fx models? I own the Kemper and have owned the Axe-Fx II(and now the III). I've personally posted numerous blind tests in which I captured the cab section of the Kemper using the Axe-Fx's built-in IR capture utility and compared Axe-Fx amp models to their Kemper profile equivalents using the same cab and the results were made to sound identical. In fact, in some cases I preferred the Axe-Fx II amp models specifically because they didn't exhibit any of the high end raspiness inherent in some Kemper profiles, though one of the advantages of owning a Kemper vs. Axe-Fx (aside from the ability to profile real amps) is having access to amps that aren't otherwise modeled in the Axe-Fx, though the Axe-Fx's Tone Matching feature often does an excellent job of replicating many of them.

Yea I had the Axe FX 2 and an AX8. I always came back to the Kemper, even if some of the effects are lacking.

What I was saying was largely tongue in cheek, but I still stand by my opinion that the Kemper has the best amp sounds of any digital unit available.

• I have owned a Helix, AX8 and the Kemper. Not only does the Kemper sound better than the others, it also FEELS better; it's a lot more responsive and rich with it's harmonics (IMO).

To each their own though. I was thinking of getting an FX3, but then remembered how vile and caustic the official forums are, as well as Cliff's questionable business ethics.

As you only own an AX8, you don't have access to the Tone Match feature.

• Yea I had the Axe FX 2 and an AX8. I always came back to the Kemper, even if some of the effects are lacking.

What I was saying was largely tongue in cheek, but I still stand by my opinion that the Kemper has the best amp sounds of any digital unit available.

In a blind audio test, I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference. I digress, though.

• In a blind audio test, I'd bet you couldn't tell the difference. I digress, though.

It’s not all about that. Its about what it’s like through monitors in front of me, or behind me with my band. I don’t give much thought to blind tests through iPhone speakers anyway. But you’re right, we digress. ;)

• So is today that day, or nah?

Nah. Last we were told they were still targeting Q3, which ends at close of business on the 30th.

This thread is why software should never be given strict deadlines. "Second half of 2019" leaves so much wiggle room for when stuff blows up. Which in software, it always does.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It’s not all about that. Its about what it’s like through monitors in front of me, or behind me with my band. I don’t give much thought to blind tests through iPhone speakers anyway. But you’re right, we digress. ;)

You mentioned "best amp sounds", so I assumed you were referencing audio, in which case you can listen through whatever you want. In terms of convenience though, I find an editor essential, whether it's for the KPA or Axe-Fx, but that's me.

• You mentioned "best amp sounds", so I assumed you were referencing audio, in which case you can listen through whatever you want. In terms of convenience though, I find an editor essential, whether it's for the KPA or Axe-Fx, but that's me.

I wouldn’t judge an amp or a clip or anything through the speakers in my phone, is what I’m saying, which is where I’d most likely be listening to those A/B tests, which (with no offence meant) I find largely pointless for me.

I want the unit in my rehearsal space, with my band, or through my monitors at my desk to track guitars with. Anything else doesn’t give me a proper gauge of the thing. :)

• I wouldn’t judge an amp or a clip or anything through the speakers in my phone, is what I’m saying, which is where I’d most likely be listening to those A/B tests ...

... through my monitors at my desk

For critical listening, why use a phone speaker if you have access to monitors?

• For critical listening, why use a phone speaker if you have access to monitors?

Exactly. I wouldn’t. And I rarely browse on anything but my phone or tablet, so when these A/B tests come up, I’m not gonna go home and fire up my monitoring setup, or remember to listen to an A/B test hours later where I don’t know the bias of the poster or the way it was really recorded or the possible agenda, so I don’t bother to listen to them.

What I was originally saying was, most people listen through their iPhone speakers and then have 50 pages arguments about what they heard through those shitty speakers, and I can’t see the point of it.