Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Nah. Last we were told they were still targeting Q3, which ends at close of business on the 30th.

This thread is why software should never be given strict deadlines. "Second half of 2019" leaves so much wiggle room for when stuff blows up. Which in software, it always does.

I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if the company stopped offering updates on the editor altogether, and considering how people have reacted to their Q3 ETA, I wouldn't blame them.

• Show me the government stat which states that 78% of all users who access this forum do so using their phone or tablet.

No, you show me that all the studies and research that prove that smart phones are by far the most used device to access the internet is somehow not relevant to this forum. I’ve got the evidence to back my argument up. Do you?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplep…ed-to-access-the-internet

• No, you show me that all the studies and research that prove that smart phones are by far the most used device to access the internet is somehow not relevant to this forum. I’ve got evidence to back my argument up. Do you? Thought not.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• A great many people who use the internet do not have a computer other than their phone, especially in developing countries. The heaviest users are the young and their main sites are social media. Anyone using a KPA needs a computer to upate the KPA OS and to use Rig Manager. So everybody here (ie registered users) has at least access to a computer and may well use the forum from the same computer that runs Rig Manager and that they access the user downloads from Rig Exchange and Kemper support. The 78% stat is not relevant to this user group.

• A great many people who use the internet do not have a computer other than their phone, especially in developing countries. The heaviest users are the young and their main sites are social media. Anyone using a KPA needs a computer to upate the KPA OS and to use Rig Manager. So everybody here (ie registered users) has at least access to a computer and may well use the forum from the same computer that runs Rig Manager and that they access the user downloads from Rig Exchange and Kemper support. The 78% stat is not relevant to this user group.

Sure. no one is saying that people don’t have both, or they don’t use a computer too, but how many of those laptops or computers use built in speakers?

I see nothing to disprove that most people, not just here, use phones to access platforms, listen to some random A/B and then argue over the sounds they heard on their phone, tablet, or laptop speakers.

• What's the internet equivalent of "drawing and quartering"? Please apply said punishment to this thread. This horse has been damn near whipped into a fine paste. *thwip thwip thwip squish squish squish*

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• No, you show me that all the studies and research that prove that smart phones are by far the most used device to access the internet is somehow not relevant to this forum.

There's no evidence to suggest that each and every website is accessed by 78% of smart phone users or even that any specific website is accessed primarily by smart phone users. The 78% figure refers to total smart phone usage and fails to break down the percentage based on specific websites, nor does it imply that such users access the web exclusively using a mobile device. Many people use both. Statistics show that specific types of websites are viewed by smart phone users at different rates.

• There's no evidence to suggest that each and every website is accessed by 78% of smart phone users or even that any specific website is accessed primarily by smart phone users. The 78% figure refers to total smart phone usage and fails to break down the percentage based on specific websites, nor does it imply that such users access the web exclusively using a mobile device. Many people use both. Statistics show that specific types of websites are viewed by smart phone users at different rates.

Will you guys stop with this here? Pretty please? Someone let the other have the last word. Someone has to. Private message if you insist on continuing.

More so than just about any tangent this thread has been on, this one is completely irrelevant to RM 3.0.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I agree, and for me, it's an essential thing.

For me, it's largely about where kemper sits in the room. This may seem absurd to some, but it isn't always easy to keep such devices at reach. Never mind arm, shoulder fatigue due to dialing in complex parameters, speed... not only can it help in studio, but even just when I play at home, which these days amounts to most of the bonanza.

ToastMe had come to the rescue before. But dog ate the MIDI cable, along with some guitar pickups, after relicing my guitar (though quite an authentic looking relicing, I must say; not even mad).

In terms of people partaking in audio tests... It's at least thinkable that the average person taking part in blind tests is more likely to use finer monitoring than otherwise. Maybe this is more applicable to users leaving detailed-enough comments compared to just votes? Sure, it'd be great to keep the monitoring constant with blind tests (though even there, I have some concerns).

But most importantly: when you have a blind test, conducted well enough, with a workable methodology, provided one does not confuse what conclusions can/cannot be drawn... it's not as hard for people who have good gear, typically, to take the test themselves. It may run contrary to one "bias" or another. But that's sort of the point, depending on where results point to.

Heck -- here's a way in which editor will help me, assuming such a function is included: kemper's own "A/B" testing module.

The bonanza