Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Wouldn't the lock feature help here?

Not realy. I could tweak the Clean profile in slot 1 and lock it, but this would mean I would have the clean sound in all slots and performances.... So it would only be an Option if there were several Options of locking (Master Lock, Lock for that Slot#, Lock for a list of Slots/Performances....)

But yes, the locking can help a Little if I would realy start to Change many Slots without an Editor. I could lock a tweaked section, go manualy to all Slots that Need that change and store the Performance. Helps a Little, but still a lot of work.

• We will have to wait for the Editor, to be absolutely sure...however, I would imagine that the Editor would allow you to tweak the contents of a certain Slot (for example, changing the Mids on your Clean setting), hitting "Copy", and then highlighting/selecting multiple Slot/Performances at the same time, and then selecting "Paste", then the ability to Store/Save all these changes to the selected slot/performances.

Yes, this would be a great feature.

I'm afraid that on the day the Editor will be released I might realise I waited for an Editor that does not help me at all.

I hoped that maybe I missed a Video or Statement while being abstinent to the Topic.

But as this does not seems to be, I will wait and hope.

Thanks for the replies!

• ...maybe in some weeks... Please read between the lines of the comments from g string...

Yep. I feel like today is a few days from the date they wanted to release it.

I’d prefer them to say it’ll be done when it’s done and to leave it at that. Because if it’s not released today I would find that disappointing.

I am, as always happy to wait for it to be completed as bug free as possible.

• Yep. I feel like today is a few days from the date they wanted to release it.

I’d prefer them to say it’ll be done when it’s done and to leave it at that. Because if it’s not released today I would find that disappointing.

I am, as always happy to wait for it to be completed as bug free as possible.

Yesterday... we had one day off ("German holiday" ) . To few days to solve the problems.

• Not realy. I could tweak the Clean profile in slot 1 and lock it, but this would mean I would have the clean sound in all slots and performances.... So it would only be an Option if there were several Options of locking (Master Lock, Lock for that Slot#, Lock for a list of Slots/Performances....)

But yes, the locking can help a Little if I would realy start to Change many Slots without an Editor. I could lock a tweaked section, go manualy to all Slots that Need that change and store the Performance. Helps a Little, but still a lot of work.

Yup. The lock feature is nice but also limited. For instance, if I want to keep my preset effects for a performance, I need to lock them individually if I change the profile so they aren't lost forever (has happened several times). I have to then unlock the effects presets so that they don't replace the effects in other performances when I switch to them. It's not overly arduous, but an editor with the ability to save and recall presets quickly and insert them into their respective slots would be much more efficient.

• Thursday afternoon. The nervous sweat droplets fall from my furled brow as I anxiously pour over the last 4 pages of the editor thread. No new information. I give a heavy sigh as I close my browser and ask out loud how long a few more days actually is, to no one in particular. The tension in the air is palpable. The throws of owners are becoming restless. I pray that the constant patches and bugfix releases are enough to satiate the wild animals for another night. The bug of being unable to use Rig Manager to change patches while the Rack unit is in tuner mode has reared it's ugly head again. The sun begins to fall below the horizon as the anxiety takes hold of me once again. The morning will bring hope.

This would make a great Cure song!

• This would make a great Cure song!

Reminds me a little of Martin Sheen's monologue from Apocolypse Now as Captain Willard - supposedly in his hotel room in Saigon, getting blind drunk, attacking the mirror and talking about Charlie, out there in the jungle etc. ('zackly what his young son was doing out there in the jungle, I'll never know)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• when the apps team was forced to verify their own code

Yeah, I've seen that, which I've always thought was insane. I missed it in requirements gathering. I missed it in design. I missed it in coding. But wait! I just know I'll catch it in testing, right?

You'd think they got paid per bug or something.

My wife used to work at IBM. They had a policy where testers got points for every bug they found, and programmers lost points for every bug found in their code. The points translated to money. You can imagine how much the programmers hated the testers. Which is also insane. I love testers. They're the ones who keep me from looking stupid in public.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Yeah, I've seen that, which I've always thought was insane. I missed it in requirements gathering. I missed it in design. I missed it in coding. But wait! I just know I'll catch it in testing, right?

My wife used to work at IBM. They had a policy where testers got points for every bug they found, and programmers lost points for every bug found in their code. The points translated to money. You can imagine how much the programmers hated the testers. Which is also insane. I love testers. They're the ones who keep me from looking stupid in public.

My IBM used to work for my wife...

Didn't work out for them either...