Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Very good point, a company has to have cash flow. Also design efforts are expensive, and revenue needs to come in to fund that NRE. On top of that, some engineers really have little concept that the money has to come from somewhere, and you can't twiddle a design forever. Eventually you have to man up and sell the design.

OTOH I have seen quite a few sales folks that have little idea how engineering a product works, and in some cases go out of their way to be ignorant of the process, but will then assign an arbitrary date for completion that is forced on the engineers. And they get angry at the laughter that comes from the engineers when this is done.

In small companies, it's always a balance between resources\customer expectations\cash flow\and time. Often there are compromises that have to be made, and some of these criteria can be immobile.

All very true. Some people can absolutely have lofty or unreasonable expectations, which is why communicating about projects and ideas is an absolute necessity in business. Not being an engineer, I've had wrong ideas of how long a developments would take, but in talking with others can amend certain assumptions and expectations, and thus communicate them to dealers/customers/artists/etc.

Because I don't know the circumstances or inner workings at Kemper, I don't want to make too many assumptions. When it comes to the editor, it's something many others and I have said should have been there from day 1. In the 9 months since WNAMM, I can understand some rustling because that's quite a long time. Developers may go through scenarios in their head, but consumers start thinking about how other competitors have been able to accomplish similar software developments and upgrades in less time and with less hiccups. Or that's the way it would feel.

In any respect, it's been so long that I'm emotionally disinvested. When it's released I'll be pleased, but I'm not checking every day for it to disappoint myself.

• As soon as the plug is plugged into the socket, the Stage will start. Without switching on. When switching off the button must be pressed until the day is completely shut down. That doesn't even work for Apple and Microsoft!

Bug is known and doesn't belong in this thread. Back to the topic. 😉

• Don‘t be like Karen.

Let‘s make that a running gag for everyone whining about lead times ...

• Nine past midnight. Another week has slowly crept by while I survey the outside world around me through the cracks in the walls, looking for any signs of the editor being nearby. The only audible sound is that of the blood pumping through my veins, and my elevated heartbeat. The high register cleans up as I remove the PureCab setting and adjust the clarity and pick controls. The litany of anxiety-causing posts unrelated to the editor release grows larger by the day. I cower as an in-depth review of the Fractal III editor begins to autoplay in the open youtube tab in my browser. I quickly close it and put out the flame of my candle. I must wait for daybreak.

• Nine past midnight. Another week has slowly crept by while I survey the outside world around me through the cracks in the walls, looking for any signs of the editor being nearby. The only audible sound is that of the blood pumping through my veins, and my elevated heartbeat. The high register cleans up as I remove the PureCab setting and adjust the clarity and pick controls. The litany of anxiety-causing posts unrelated to the editor release grows larger by the day. I cower as an in-depth review of the Fractal III editor begins to autoplay in the open youtube tab in my browser. I quickly close it and put out the flame of my candle. I must wait for daybreak.

Now your just plagiarizing John Grisham:evil:

• I wonder what can be so fundamentally flawed if this thing needs more than 9 months of development after it was publicly shown in NAMM. You don't let people mess around with an app in such an early stage (no beer pun intended).

Never the less, it would be a lot easier to tell, that the Editor will be release in 2020 Q1, one week before NAMM just as the reverbs. This thread would be deserted until NAMM2020.

• I wonder what can be so fundamentally flawed if this thing needs more than 9 months of development after it was publicly shown in NAMM. You don't let people mess around with an app in such an early stage (no beer pun intended).

Sure you do. Happens all the time. You don't even have to look outside NAMM '19 to see it.

Wampler Pedals demo'd their new Terraform. Which they said would be out in Summer. Much like Kemper, they've communicated that it's taking longer than expected and to hang tight. Nothing is 'fundamentally flawed'. But getting it right is taking more time than expected.

It happens. All the time.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sure you do. Happens all the time. You don't even have to look outside NAMM '19 to see it.

Wampler Pedals demo'd their new Terraform. Which they said would be out in Summer. Much like Kemper, they've communicated that it's taking longer than expected and to hang tight. Nothing is 'fundamentally flawed'. But getting it right is taking more time than expected.

It happens. All the time.

In addition, the software at NAMM would purely be demo, not stable, all features working properly etc. so its not a question of " it was complete at NAMM and its taken 9 months to get out of the door. I suspect a lot of on going development has continued.

Again, not unusual.