Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Most of which would directly generate revenue. The editor not being one of them.

Actually the editor is generating revenues by increasing sales of Kemper hardware. Few electronic companies are providing free updates during 7 years but also few products are still selling well 7 years after release, with a price tag higher than art the start (althought manufacturing cost has probably decreased and investments have been répand). The dsp has no replacement available, the profiling process won’t have an upgrade in the near future.

This is a (good) business model, not philanthropy.

• Actually the editor is generating revenues by increasing sales of Kemper hardware. Few electronic companies are providing free updates during 7 years but also few products are still selling well 7 years after release, with a price tag higher than art the start (althought manufacturing cost has probably decreased and investments have been répand). The dsp has no replacement available, the profiling process won’t have an upgrade in the near future.

This is a (good) business model, not philanthropy.

My point is not philanthropy. It’s the fact that others have unreleased products that will instantly and directly generate revenue. A new pedal, a new guitar, amp....whatever. They all come with a price tag.

The editor cannot and will not generate revenue on its own. It will assist.....but Kemper could do (and does) just fine without it. Even the Stage would do fine without it. Better with, for sure.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

The editor cannot and will not generate revenue on its own. It will assist.....but Kemper could do (and does) just fine without it.

I guess options don't mean much when a person doesn't want or need them. I think the right way to state the above woulda been, but Kemper could do (and does) just fine without it "for me". And then add, "as always, YMMV". ;) Sure you don't even need a guitar to own a Kemper and it will power on just fine without one. As always, YMMV- lol....

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Be patient, I'd hate to be on stage, and have a bug show up...

If its not even beta test ready I'd imagine its a loooooooooooooooooong way off from being stage ready... and, with no evidence to the contrary, the promise of a release date was just marketing hype to sell more hardware...

The older I get, the better I was.

• Many of you emphasize that the editor will be free. To be honest, I'd rather pay and have it for a year and a half, that is, from the day of purchasing the profiler. I'm 60 years old and I wish I could enjoy it a bit before I die. ?

• LOL! Sorry, I mean no disrespect to anyone here, especially Kemper because I love my Kemper but I actually cannot believe how long its taking them to release new the editor. I mean, not even a beta for us users to test? How do we even know its even close to being ready? I wouldn't be surprised if it's still in alpha stage.

Sorry but this is a complete joke.

• I guess options don't mean much when a person doesn't want or need them. I think the right way to state the above woulda been, but Kemper could do (and does) just fine without it "for me". And then add, "as always, YMMV". ;) Sure you don't even need a guitar to own a Kemper and it will power on just fine without one. As always, YMMV- lol....

You completely misinterpreted.

The company that is Kemper could do (and does) just fine without it.

That’s not an opinion.

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• You completely misinterpreted.

I dont think so. This wasn't an attack and I meant no disrespect, it was however an opinion that what you don't want or need might not fit the needs or wants of others. Thats how what you wrote came across to me, and Im probably not alone in that. Hope you are not upset that I point that out. Peace brother. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• I dont think so. This wasn't an attack and I meant no disrespect, it was however an opinion that what you don't want or need might not fit the needs or wants of others. Thats how what you wrote came across to me, and Im probably not alone in that. Hope you are not upset that I point that out. Peace brother. :)

No disrespect felt. But I do believe you misinterpret my statement.

Kemper as a company does an would likely continue to do just fine in revenue and profit without the editor. It has zero to do with me or my opinions.

Since 2011 the company has successfully existed and thrived without the editor. There is no reason to think that continuing sans-editor would be markedly different.

I want the editor. But made the decision to purchase one before it was announced and regret nothing.

• I want the editor. But made the decision to purchase one before it was announced and regret nothing.

Thanks for clarifying- I feel the same and did the same. :)

• Thanks for clarifying- I feel the same and did the same. :)

I’m not alone on saying that I’ll be *thrilled* when the editor ships.

In no small part so we don’t have to eat our heads discussing what life would (or wouldn’t) be like with the editor.

• Maybe they shouldn't have announced and shown the two products, (editor, and speaker with Kemper Kone) in January if they were nowhere near ready. Kind of like how they didn't announce the stage. But I get that. Because then people like me wouldn't have bought the rack (like I did) or toaster. I would have waited.