Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I'm just wondering.

The RM3 is a free update, a lot of people are looking forward to it. This thing has been asked for years.

The Kemper team seems like having issues on the manpower/developer side.

Kemper guys.

Why don't you ask the community to help you out? I bet there are at least a 100 highly skilled developers/graphics artists/ray tracers etc. are here and would gladly help free of charge, giving away their work to you without anything requested in return.

You have been really nice to us, giving us free updates, reverbs, delays and everything else. Let us return the favor.

Just lay out what you need and you will get it. There are a lot of smart and gifted people here, don't be afraid to seek some extra muscle.

Put in a +1 people if you agree.

• Toast ME(Midi Editor) : third party Kemper Profiling Amp editor

• There's some established wisdom for why software companies shouldn't draft in extra help at this stage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…th#The_mythical_man-month

Aside from that, there's probably legal (read ownership) issues for keeping development in-house. It seems like it's taking a long time but Kemper is developing a codebase that has the potential to be used for decades (e.g. future hardware releases for other instruments). The same goes for the delays, reverbs and (hopefully) drive algorithms.

• There's some established wisdom for why software companies shouldn't draft in extra help at this stage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…th#The_mythical_man-month

Aside from that, there's probably legal (read ownership) issues for keeping development in-house. It seems like it's taking a long time but Kemper is developing a codebase that has the potential to be used for decades (e.g. future hardware releases for other instruments). The same goes for the delays, reverbs and (hopefully) drive algorithms.

I don't want to go off topic, but there are a lot of 'utility' type of stuff (USB/Midi communication, graphics, animations) either API based or with a good development detail can be done with a GNU/Public license getting away from all the legal mess. Of course the core stuff will never be released, but it's on a Motorola DSP and we are talking about a Windows/MAC OS application. Some of the midi implementation is already done with ToastMe.

• If we think this thread went slap-happy, one should check out the Kemper Amps Facebook page. The comments to recent posts are great.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• noob kemper owner here. in all seriousness - when released, can we expect an email letting us know it has dropped? I assume that's something they do?

You will be notified here. I doubt there will be an email sent.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Kemper is developing a codebase that has the potential to be used for decades (e.g. future hardware releases for other instruments). The same goes for the delays, reverbs and (hopefully) drive algorithms.

Actually, AFAIK, this is all assembly code for a DSP that has no future beyond this generation of Kemper Profiler. This is code that is basically not portable to anything.

• Never, ever, ever gonna happen.

• Actually, AFAIK, this is all assembly code for a DSP that has no future beyond this generation of Kemper Profiler. This is code that is basically not portable to anything.

Obviously the editor isn't written in assembly code but it's surprising that the Kemper OS binary isn't compiled from some high-level language like C.

• I don't want to go off topic, but there are a lot of 'utility' type of stuff (USB/Midi communication, graphics, animations) either API based or with a good development detail can be done with a GNU/Public license getting away from all the legal mess. Of course the core stuff will never be released, but it's on a Motorola DSP and we are talking about a Windows/MAC OS application. Some of the midi implementation is already done with ToastMe.

That's really not how it works though. They would already be using an established library for ui primitives, midi, usb comms. They're not writing these things from scratch. And for their purposes, GPL could be a bad idea. (There are other open source licenses that better support corporate/for-profit development - Apache, MIT).

So that leaves, effectively, the streaming and encoding/decoding of control & configuration data to/from the Kemper over USB- and if I were they, I wouldn't want that information public.

Finally, speaking from experience- ramping up any new developers has a negative effect of productivity for at least the first two months- depending on the complexity. It's too late for that now.

Let them do their thing. They came up with this device to begin with. They're talented, and they know what they're doing.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Are you suggesting this is a good one, where on earth did it come from :)?

As an ENGL fan I might just have to check that out...nice one Nightlight!

Thank you! I figured that rather than moping around and checking this thread every day, I should do some profiling! I have an Engl Savage profile that you might like. Channel 4, unboosted. Indian Savage Rage, also on the Rig Exchange :thumbup: