Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• They're not going to release it on a friday. If something goes wrong with the software, no developer wants to fix stuff and prepare a release over night or in the weekend. But off course I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I’m not sure this applies as much to optional software rather than firmware, where if it doesn’t work it’s not much trouble to revert to an older application. Although if an OS update is required for RM3.0, then yeah you’re probably right.

Saying that... I don’t think we’ll see it in November anyway :(

• A current status would be desirable. If they say that the editor won't come this month or this year then so be it. That would be very annoying but at least you could adjust to it. The latest status reports have given the impression that the release is imminent. Now it is almost mid-November and there is still no editor and even no new status. Nobody knows what's going on now and it's not good to leave people with it.

you're right, you guys deserve another status update. sorry for not positing sooner.

we've spend the last weeks making certain aspects more robust. that means, we've started to conduct test on more OS versions and also more hardware platforms. so, in a way, we're still fixing things but - and that's the good news - we're getting there. the features, we've envisioned for the first version are completely implemented, what we do right now is preparing release candidate versions and test again those.

hope that help, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Avoids any further timeline.

we are running test. i cannot predict the future, so i cannot know what we will find next. I thought the word "release candidate" give you a good indication of what state the product is in. when i'd read this, I'd think "that's good news". but if you want to know if it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks - the answer is simple: i could only guess and that does't help anybody.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• we are running test. i cannot predict the future, so i cannot know what we will find next. I thought the word "release candidate" give you a good indication of what state the product is in. when i'd read this, I'd think "that's good news". but if you want to know if it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks - the answer is simple: i could only guess and that does't help anybody.

Maybe a RC means something to the many software developers that use the forum. But for the rest of us it doesn't mean much. We are only used to the typical beta versions that you release. But we are not aware of the internal process you have before they really get released.

Anyway, what I get from your message is that we still are weeks away from a beta.

Thanks for the update.

• I get that.

Estimates certainly not helped in the past.

Appreciate that things don't always go to plan & like many prefer a product that is reliable.

So, fine. We don't know when the editor will appear but it will. And it will work.

Fair enough.

• ...the features, we've envisioned for the first version are completely implemented...

So that means when the editor finally arrives some time in the future, it will NOT cover all available functions (what most people will expect from an editor in the year 2019 or 2020) from the start?

• Thanks for the update G-String!

I cant wait to play with the Editor, but I want to work flawlessly too, so I appreciate the hard work your team is doing.

Please let us know more when you can. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Maybe a RC means something to the many software developers that use the forum. But for the rest of us it doesn't mean much. We are only used to the typical beta versions that you release. But we are not aware of the internal process you have before they really get released.

Anyway, what I get from your message is that we still are weeks away from a beta.

Thanks for the update.

Atlantic

A RC - Release Candidate - is a bit beyond beta. It's the step software takes between beta and production. Typically, it's a code complete version of the product that's gone for rigorous internal testing. It is not uncommon for software to go through multiple release candidate versions - but as the name implies, it's so close to ready that they have a version they're considering releasing.

It means the project is feature / code complete. The developers are happy with it. The product manager is happy with it. It's just being vetted.

Does that help?

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• we are running test. i cannot predict the future, so i cannot know what we will find next. I thought the word "release candidate" give you a good indication of what state the product is in. when i'd read this, I'd think "that's good news". but if you want to know if it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks - the answer is simple: i could only guess and that does't help anybody.

GString

You can 100% tell the software engineers from other profession by reading the replies, eh? Thanks for the update. This is very good news.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Thanks G String, appreciate the update!

Really appreciate the work you guys are doing to keep our investment relevant through time. You are miles ahead of the competition in terms of customer focus.

Don’t let this delayed release bring your spirits down... when the new rig manager / editor is released everyone will be happy with a great new addition to our Kempers.

In the scheme of things a few weeks or couple of months are not a big deal :)