Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Hey guys. I woke up this morning and thought: wouldn't it be a great idea to have an editor for my Kempers like for my HX stomp? How comes that nobody ever thought of this idea? We really should place this topic in the new features section, so that the Kemoer engineers can consider this option.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• im confident its going to be before xmas.

My remote came friday and the 2 button stomp.

Having great fun with it tbh so its eased my pain.

I dont need an editor to be fair, but ive been desparate for one since the jan announcement.

Ive been round the houses gear wise like every one else. Especially rack gear.

When i 1st got the kemper i thought the amp sounds were amazing, wasnt so struck with the effects and tweak parameters for the effects. Thought about buying a digitech 2120 or 2101 for the fx loop but to be fair the delay and reverb updates have made the thing far better.

I love the amp tones so much ive gone from using loads of fx to next to nothing since the kemper.

Alot of the gear fell down on raw amp tones whick the kemper is awesome at.

But go figure... my favorite tones at the mo are profiles of the 2120 2101 and ada mp1.

But they sound better than the originals.

Not much need for an editor but the amount of scrolling is stupid. To the point where i dont use stuff because i cant be bothered to scroll through to find it.

Just my ten pence worth !

• I am looking forward to the editor only because i find it hard to set effects up in the chain... but to be honest i really love playing dry... that’s why i rately use effects and never remember how to use em lol

• Not much need for an editor but the amount of scrolling is stupid. To the point where i dont use stuff because i cant be bothered to scroll through to find it.

The Editor (once familiarized with) should make everything faster to find, sort, adjust and save to a location of choice. But like anything else, we will all have to use it to become good with it. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• whats the issue with the cab irs ?

For the Kemper users who are playing thru a guitar cab, the cabinet section will have little to no use. They are getting a significant portion of their tone from the speakers themselves. I suspect many of the posters who mention they have no use for an editor possibly fall into this category.

If recording direct from the Kemper, the cab section and other sub menu adjustments are all important. The amplifier sections sound similar for the most part, but the cabs make a huge difference. The gamut from dull and lifeless, to smooth and warm, harsh and fizzy, boomy and muddy, and everywhere in between. To specifically answer:

*Once you've utilized the cab maker, added all your favorite ir's, and saved some of the great sounding profile cabs, an accumulation of cabs are stored in the Kemper. Scrolling thru the sub menu to select a different cab, turning, turning, turning the knob- you feel like- certainly the knob is going to break off, or your going to pull every muscle in your wrist. Sheer colossal numbers of cabs becomes daunting. If you have the misfortune of importing a cab which is titled with a lower case spelling, forget about it, it will be all the way at the end of the list. Amount of time wasting makes it frustrating. With an editor= seconds.

* If, now logically you think- why not delete the cab presets that suck, thereby reducing the size of the list, and making scrolling thru faster. Well, try it, you have about a microsecond option to delete a preset. It would take hours and hours to delete all the cab presets I no longer want. Likely accomplished in 20 seconds with an editor......

For these reasons I no longer utilize the cab presets (even before the editor was announced- when was that? oh yeah at least 10 months ago...), and many other features, just too difficult and time consuming. Feel like I'm using a tiny fraction of the potential of the Kemper.

• If only sound would matter people would play their tube amps instead!

Not always the case. I have 3 tube amps - all too loud for my studio at home. Because (for me) it IS about the sound, my profiles from my amps do make it easier for me at home but because it is about the sound for me and the fact that playing through the Kemper still feels like playing though the amp. Apologies, everyone was talking about the editor, which would be useful when it appears but doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do on the Kemper.

• Not always the case. I have 3 tube amps - all too loud for my studio at home. Because (for me) it IS about the sound, my profiles from my amps do make it easier for me at home but because it is about the sound for me and the fact that playing through the Kemper still feels like playing though the amp. Apologies, everyone was talking about the editor, which would be useful when it appears but doesn't stop me from doing what I want to do on the Kemper.

Thats what I was saying!! "If ONLY sound would matter people would play their tube amps instead!" In your case sound does matter BUT your tube amps are too loud.

I repeat myself: "And it is never ONLY about sound - never!" In your case it's tube amps are too loud and you need another solution that comes close. So you need a device that doesn't compromise to much with the sound and gets the volume down. You choose the Kemper for this.

Because Kemper sounds good AND makes life easier (like you are saying above). You like the FEATURE of the Kemper, that you can profile your amp and play with less volume now. It's just easier too use the profiles than getting or building an iso cab or rent a pro studio.... That's what you would do if ONLY sound matters (not ease, time, money, requirements /circumstances, handicaps, preferences...)

Same with the editor. For many people it will just make life even easier.

• I can agree with this to a certain extent. For the cost of the Kemper I could have not only kept my Archon but bought a Mesa dual rec too. Now on the other hand while those two amps are my favorite there is no way I could afford a Dumble and an SLO100 and a Dual rec and an Archon and a JCM800 and a 5150 block/III/EL34/6L6 and VH4 and many others. As much as I did enjoy the tube amps I have had the platform also allows me the experience one I could never get my hands on. So there is an example where it is all about the sound but an easier way to get to experience things that are out of reach.

• If sales numbers speak the truth... for example about good taste... you should not look at music charts ^^

I agree with you that the charts(are they still relevant today;) don't say much about good taste but gear is not as much about good taste as it is about sound,reliability and ofcourse personal needs..I just don't believe that people today spend double as much money for the stage as they could save buying a helix Lt or whatever half the price and with "the world's best editor/UI" because they "don't know" that the editor is still not ready or that some kpa-stages have qc-issues..

Obviously most customers don't care..and there must be some reasons for this..;)

• Right. Ok.

Makes for sense now.

Scrolling through them. Il be honest ive paid least attention to the cabs.

Editor may change that.

Ive got 2 or 3 goto cabs ive use 99% of the time.

Mainly because of the scrolling. I tend to go with what the stock profile cab was, and tweak the amp settings slightly.

If its not in the ball park of what i want i just move on.

Im fairly ignorant with regards to cabs.

I had a profile with T75 ? Speaker cab that was great but i didnt save it and cant remember what it was now.

Maybe i should spend some time with the cab when the editor comes out ???