Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Its funny, I remember the first feature request/s about improving RM and it was a real split who really wanted one. It really felt at the time like it was a nice to have. I felt like the minority saying it would be useful (at the time people were pushing for dual amps and revised reverbs and delays - wanting to make their strymon's unnecessary) and yet this is the most animated and longest thread I've ever seen.

More importantly, the most heated, dragging other aspects into it etc..

This thread's usefulness is now ( for me) only useful for its comedy interludes...

• Its funny, I remember the first feature request/s about improving RM and it was a real split who really wanted one. It really felt at the time like it was a nice to have. I felt like the minority saying it would be useful (at the time people were pushing for dual amps and revised reverbs and delays - wanting to make their strymon's unnecessary) and yet this is the most animated and longest thread I've ever seen.

This thread's usefulness is now ( for me) only useful for its comedy interludes...

no freakin joke. Silently waiting

• @Dimi

Excuse me..which again is the "relevant category" for the stage;If it is not "guitar preamps" I mean..you're one of the more intelligent folks here..please stop playing with words.

Where did I play with words?

Point was: there’s a thomann page for total sales. There’s a page for last month sales. You can pick this same category in each. It’s bizarre if stage tops total sales considering helix been selling for a long time, if not logistically impossible, perhaps even considering “out of stock” orders assuming they count.

It’s also bizarre how stage doesn’t show up in last month’s top 19 in the same category. And being “sold out” also has to do with how many units Kemper and the dealer can move. Thomann does mention “taking into account stock” in total sales page, which could maybe imply some connection between sales and stock — but then “total sales” can be misinterpreted.

Also perfectly possible I’m misunderstanding things, missing out on some variable. There is no issue with having things explained. If someone does, cool, thank you.

Personally, editor will make a big difference in how much kemper is used. I’m preparing to play a gig atm of mostly covers. Won’t bother editing Kemper effects when it’s as easy to do on ax8. Not considering unofficial editor (which I couldn’t get to work atm), doing so with Kemper is taxing on my shoulder, makes it harder to find the right effect settings, and so forth and so forth. Editor coming out will be make substantial difference to me.

And surely when it’s out kemper can market it way better, too — Here’s the stage, and we have an editor that can control A, B, C, most things you care about, etc, etc. Even stage if system currently tops global sales (don’t know how we’d determine that exactly considering lack of info), I wouldn’t be surprised if proper editor marketing gives them a meaningful boost.

The bonanza

Once, there was debate about aliasing performance being sufficient. Goes without saying that this was more or less settled when kemper allocated more performance resources to better aliasing performance, even though they didn’t originally seem to think it would be as badly desired, needed.

There have also been other threads about editor (one or more) which were eventually closed down. Massive. Biggest threads god has ever created. Uuuuge. And They (or it) were in part fueled by radio silence on kemper’s part, to be fair, not just user absurdity.

It’s good that G string offers some updates, In terms of communicating with the users since an editor was already shown off, some date estimates given.

The bonanza

• As far as sales figures go, I don't feel you can compare a Line6 product (owned by Yamaha) to Kemper GmbH.

One has the production capacity and resources to make sure everyone who wants one gets one, and gets it nearly immediately. They also have a stocking dealer network and marketing resources that dwarf Kemper. I suspect that even at peak efficiency, Kemper's total production capacity of all Profilers regardless of form-factor wouldn't approach what Line6 can churn out for just the Helix over any given time period.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The most and really only ridiculous thing is to deny another person's experience and opinion.

I don't know how many guitar players are this or that.I know that most players in my experience are ofcourse "tube only" players.Now live with that.

Besides that..in my very first post about this snissue I definitely stated that "I don't know but.." don't make me quote myself.

Stating that despite the pending editor and first qc-usues the product Kemper stage is a top selling product is nothing but the truth.I don't know why you and other people are so mad about it this simple fact.But for sure you will get over it..

• As far as sales figures go, I don't feel you can compare a Line6 product (owned by Yamaha) to Kemper GmbH.

One has the production capacity and resources to make sure everyone who wants one gets one, and gets it nearly immediately. They also have a stocking dealer network and marketing resources that dwarf Kemper. I suspect that even at peak efficiency, Kemper's total production capacity of all Profilers regardless of form-factor wouldn't approach what Line6 can churn out for just the Helix over any given time period.

For sure big differences, no question.

The bonanza

• What?

Do you mean the Kemper Profilers is a "new product"?Really?I always thought it is 5 years older than the helix..but..hmm..ofcourse this is just my reality..^^

Or do you mean the "form factor"?Well..speaking about categories and putting things as we like..

Like it or not.Most customers getting right now the Kemper (which form factor does not matter in this case) are obviously okay that the editor is still not there.The whole drama in this thread is funny.And sad.And this is my opinion.

• I don't know how many guitar players are this or that.I know that most players in my experience are ofcourse "tube only" players.Now live with that.

I can tell you that I fit into the exact opposite camp. After a bad experience with my first tube amp in the early 90's I refused to play a tube amp for a very long time. It was not until modeling became a thing in the late 90's early 2000's that I became interested in them again. I owned the Line 6 Flextone III XL for a very long time, until I bought my Helix in 2016 in fact. It was not until then that I was willing to try tube amps again. Since then I have had a PRS Sonzera, Peavey 6505 +, PRS MT15 and a PRS Archon. I refused to use tube for reliability reasons but always loved the tone. That is why I ended up at the Kemper, it was the tone with the reliability. The Helix was great but the Kemper is that last step that gets me to tube amp ease of use as well.

• 1) The stage is what’s in question on that end.

2) “Category” as what you mentioned, per Thomann page, which applies both to “total sales” and “last month sales” pages. The ranks seem bizarre to me. I’m emailing Thomann to ask for further explanation, just for the sake of completeness, clear up my confusion if that’s the issue.

3) You don’t seem to show much interest in what is said. Same time, it’s others who are just “mad”, “warp reality”, “play with words” and so forth and so forth.

Do you think this is more likely to illustrate a kind of bias on your part or just others? I’m out on this particular topic, as it won’t get somewhere.

The bonanza

• In regards to the editor — like I said before (at some point), a function that would be very useful to me is the ability to control the profiling function via the software. Just not sure there’d be big demand for that on the forum , assuming it’s not included, as relatively few people profile their amps it seems.

But yes. It’s sure possible there will be features that some want which aren’t included in initial release. That said, I believe that reception to the editor won’t be too absurdist. It’s likely that the amount of constructive posts will drastically increase at the point when there’s something “material“ in people’s hands.

The bonanza

• @Dimi

For me it's bizarre to read poems about the missing editor.This whole drama here is bizarre.

It is funny that none here answers me to the simple fact that the Stage is out of stock because it sells like crazy.

I tried to give an explanation for the huge gap between some guys here going mad about the editor while it is selling like crazy.This is the gap between reality in the shops and back orders and the drama we see here in this thread.

You have to allow me to at least talk about it..

• It is funny that none here answers me to the simple fact that the Stage is out of stock because it sells like crazy.

Nobody has suggested the Stage hasn't sold out and didn't make a huge splash on its release. Kemper is pretty small, so the number of units they could produce is no doubt modest. Being out of stock isn't unheard of. I know the guys at Hughes & Kettner and when the Black Spirit dropped, they sold out of all the units they manufactured immediately. They're subsidiaries of Yorkville Sound and I safely assume have a much bigger manufacturing network than Kemper to produce more units. Selling out is a great sign, but doesn't "win" any wars as you've suggested before, especially if it's in the early-going of making a splash rather than sustained dominance of the market share.

You have to allow me to at least talk about it..

Nobody is stopping you or suggesting you can't speak, they're pointing to your conveniently applied logic and cherry-picking. If they disagree, they're going to tell you why, which is not the same as trying to silence someone.

• So to summarize 115 pages of comments and many other editor threads over the years. What we know for sure:

When the editor arrives, the net
    time it will save us and the convenience it will provide in our lives will be vastly exceeded by the hours we spent thinking, hoping, discussing, and arguing about it before it is actually released.

• So to summarize 115 pages of comments and many other editor threads over the years. What we know for sure:

When the editor arrives, the net time it will save us and the convenience it will provide in our lives will be vastly exceeded by the hours we spent thinking, hoping, discussing, and arguing about it before it is actually released.

That's assuming it has the functionality we're expecting....