Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I’m new here and have read through most of the posts - some are quite funny and it’s nice to be part of a forum like this.

I’ll be patiently waiting like everyone else and will of course try it out when it’s released. However, I’ve used PC based editors on other platforms and have never been impressed. Part of the reason why I bough the Kemper over some other devices is so I don’t have to do that as much... I hate to tweak. The physical knobs and scrolling on the device works well enough for me, but I can see where others would like it on a PC (and maybe it will make it easier).

Haven’t said any more than anyone else has already - but I’ve said my 2 cents.

Besides - sitting at the airport early am needed to give me something to do... maybe I’ll go read some more “drama zone!”. ;)

Cheers to all - really enjoying this forum!

• The feature I'm really looking forward to is the ability to 'share' FX presets.... purely because I'm not much of a tweaker, and when I do make the effort, I get sidetracked by playing as the damn thing sounds so good! Hope its still part of the planned release!

• By the way, we should care, at least indirectly, about Stage sales and the overall success of the KpA line of products if we like new features for our kpas or hope for new products from the kemper company in the future. Bills have to be paid, teams of paid employees that develop editors, roll out new effects and firmware improvements, as well as ongoing customer and product support and continued compatibility with Mac and Windows over time isn’t cheap. New sales provide the means.

• By the way, we should care, at least indirectly, about Stage sales and the overall success of the KpA line of products if we like new features for our kpas or hope for new products from the kemper company in the future. Bills have to be paid, teams of paid employees that develop editors, roll out new effects and firmware improvements, as well as ongoing customer and product support and continued compatibility with Mac and Windows over time isn’t cheap. New sales provide the means.

In that sense, sure, agreed. It’s a more nuanced reason than the usual “my dad is stronger than your dad “ gear wars.

The bonanza

• LOL Do you people seriously believe the editor is coming this year? What a joke. Kemper, a German based company cannot hire enough coders to finish the editor. I'll bet it's still in Alpha stage and not even in Beta. All this rubbish that's been fed to us. 19 November 2019 and still nothing. Nada. Zip. Lets all wait another 5 years for the editor.

• LOL Do you people seriously believe the editor is coming this year? What a joke. Kemper, a German based company cannot hire enough coders to finish the editor. I'll bet it's still in Alpha stage and not even in Beta. All this rubbish that's been fed to us. 19 November 2019 and still nothing. Nada. Zip. Lets all wait another 5 years for the editor.

I certainly wouldn’t bet my life on a 2019 release, but not sure how them being German-based is relevant.

The bonanza

• I don’t care about the editor anymore I’m looking forward to the iOS app8o

There are way more people in general on Android devices, but I wonder how the usage figures stack up with regards to musicians in general, and current Kemper owners.

• Well the Germans brought us the Kemper & the Kemper Stage, but they can't give us an editor? In 2019? Joke I tell you.

I do not believe CK was convinced when it comes to the “need” for an editor in order to invest required resources in that direction. It is my impression he saw more of a need for this when it comes to floor units. When asked in an earlier interview about a possible editor (someone brought up pod having an editor) he replied by asking if the pod in question was a floor unit. Considering this impression of mine, I’m not too surprised editor is coming out (relatively) near the stage release.

Perhaps he eventually did change his mind when it comes to all kemper units in general, about editor need, and/or perhaps more resources were eventually available, of course. Who knows.

The bonanza

• There are way more people in general on Android devices, but I wonder how the usage figures stack up with regards to musicians in general, and current Kemper owners.

Android's problem is that the user base is scattered over a ridiculous number of versions.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I do not believe CK was convinced when it comes to the “need” for an editor in order to invest required resources in that direction. It is my impression he saw more of a need for this when it comes to floor units. When asked in an earlier interview about a possible editor (someone brought up pod having an editor) he replied by asking if the pod in question was a floor unit. Considering this impression of mine, I’m not too surprised editor is coming out (relatively) near the stage release.

Perhaps he eventually did change his mind when it comes to all kemper units in general, about editor need, and/or perhaps more resources were eventually available, of course. Who knows.

So why did they announce and show it along with the speaker and Kemper Kone thing at last years Winter Namm? There was Zero mention of a floor unit. Unlike a lot of others, from what it seems I do need a good software editor. Moving performances and rigs around with the current rig manager is clunky, time consuming and half the time the moves don't take. A software editor is long overdue. For crying out loud, I had one for outdated my Eleven Rack years ago. I'm not complaining about the Kemper, the sound is second to none. But why announce and show something that is a year away.