Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• The Stage obviated the need. Hence, the NAMM showing. Right as they were developing the new unit.

Not hard to fathom. If the Stage didn’t exist, I doubt the editor would be much more than a wish.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Shouldn't matter. Just make an app capable of running ver 8 and up. Same as iOS

...and how would you connect it? No KPA has Bluetooth or a WiFi chip.

I think the notion of a mobile app with the current hardware is complete fantasy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• LOL Do you people seriously believe the editor is coming this year? What a joke. Kemper, a German based company cannot hire enough coders to finish the editor. I'll bet it's still in Alpha stage and not even in Beta. All this rubbish that's been fed to us. 19 November 2019 and still nothing. Nada. Zip. Lets all wait another 5 years for the editor.

You're accusing the company of being lying cheaters. I don't share your conspiracy theory and think it's rude to suggest that they're just stringing people along.

Playing guitar helps with irrational stress.

• Glad I don't have to live with some of you Editor nay sayer crazies, and Im betting you feel the same way. The worlds a big place. Can I get a AMEN. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• You're accusing the company of being lying cheaters. I don't share your conspiracy theory and think it's rude to suggest that they're just stringing people along.

Playing guitar helps with irrational stress.

When "a couple days" turns into "a couple months" after already having been strung along for almost a year its not really that irrational, is it?

The older I get, the better I was.

• ShadowJumper Stringing people along, maybe.

I disagree with the rest.

This isn’t aimed at you, but I’m not sure why so many people are quick to imply bad intentions being demonstrated by Kemper.

They are clearly a bit strained and not able to update us frequently for reasons unknown to the general public, but I doubt they’re aiming to tarnish their pretty long-standing reputation for an “Editor-Gate”.

I’m new to the platform but have tracked Kemper for some time now. I’m open to anything I’ve missed that may warrant a reassessment of my opinions.

• When "a couple days" turns into "a couple months" after already having been strung along for almost a year its not really that irrational, is it?

OTOH, The current buyers don't seem to have an issue with their time frames. It's Hard to hold someones feet to the fire when the heat doesn't really bother them. Case in point, the "Stage" has been outselling everyone making a floor unit and in some cases been 1/2 as much higher in price than the competition. Now why would anyone in that status take the time to come here and lie to us about being almost finished with an Editor they didn't have to make in the first place?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• This thread can be so toxic I have to come back for a sniff even I dropped smokes 8 years ago :D

Never the less, I would advise Kemper to skip NAMM 2020. That would help them showing something in NAMM 2021 which will actually be released before NAMM 2022. ;)

Seriously, this trend does more wrong to the company than good.

• Nah, I seriously doubt Kemper is stringing us along. There clearly is an editor in the pipeline.

What I'm guessing is that working out the bugs in the editor is proving to be more complicated than expected.

Or perhaps they're timing its release for Christmas or for the next NAMM. Or trying to work out some bugs with the Stage before release.

At any rate, slamming the company just doesn't make sense, they are obviously working on it.

For anyone getting really worked up by reading this thread and the lack of developments, I'd suggest taking a break from reading and just playing with your Kemper rather than raising your blood pressure 8o

• Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

• Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

Not all software development contexts are the same. This is PC software being created by a company that's grounded in invention, hardware, and firmware. R&D and invention don't beat to the same drum as development companies that create business apps and websites. Add the fact that it's not got any direct revenue associated with it.

??

• OTOH, The current buyers don't seem to have an issue with their time frames. It's Hard to hold someones feet to the fire when the heat doesn't really bother them.

Thank you..actually this is what I said in my few last posts and it backfired badly..for what ever reason..I still don't know..

As long as a product sells like @@ it is hard to question the philosophy of the company.I asked why people are buying this product like crazy and there must be a reason for this.Despite all the guys here in this thread,despite the paid agent provocateurs in several gear blogs,despite the trolls with their negative energy on FB,gearpage or wherever on www..giving my opinion and my explanation the reaction I got was quite funny..

The product sells,Kemper did everything the right way(obviously) and we will all profit from the fact that Kemper found a way to take a huge chunk from the competitors top selling products (helix & fm3..obviously not hxstomp..)where these did not expect it..this is a fact..sorry to repeat myself,I said this many weeks ago..

Stage and even editor may never have been part of the "initial plan" for the Kemper product line but both show that it is stupid to say that Kemper does not react to the market needs.That they don't listen o their customers.They do.They just don't shout and brag..they do it in a "more serious way" if this is still possible in our times..

The editor will come.And ofcourse it better will be good.If so the quarells with the Stage will be forgotten as fast as the teething problems with the very first KPA Led-issue back in 2012..for this I have no problem to say that the editor can wait untill it "works" sufficiently together with the other huge upgrade package we will get.Dont forget it is not only "just an editor"..we talk here about a whole system of systems the competition does not have(just think about the morphing-function which is indeed unique).

Give the guys all the time they need.We won't regret it.

• I don't think they are intentionally stringing us along either, but I can understand folks getting that impression. Unveiling the product a year ago... promising it by summer... then by end of Q3... then in a couple days... that last occurring 2 months ago doesn't really bolster their credibility. Add to it the virtual disappearance of the Kone and Kabinet can indeed make one tend to take anything they say with a grain of salt... and as far as your 'just shut up and play your Kemper' comment goes if they played as crappy as me I can understand them wanting to just turn it off every once in a while, blame Kemper and bust their balls a little... :P

The older I get, the better I was.