Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• If they had released even a first beta then I would say I believe them. Until I see either a beta or the final editor, I do not believe they are even close to being ready. They screwed up and announced it way too early giving us users a false expectation. That to me is a fail. IBIWISI.

I have nothing against Kemper, their hardware is fantastic. I'll never get rid of mine. Yet I still believe they failed us by announcing a product that is nowhere near ready. Sorry but that is just my 2c.

• ...and how would you connect it? No KPA has Bluetooth or a WiFi chip.

I think the notion of a mobile app with the current hardware is complete fantasy.

Phone paired via bluetooth or on the same network (doesn't have to be wifi, i have a mixed wired/wireless network where all devices talk to each other no probs). The new editor talks to the KPA over USB as well as to all attached/paired/reachable devices so i don't see what would be so complicated about remote controlling via app when the editor is running, or could be just a headless daemon as a bridge.

For talking directly from phone to kemper sure would be more difficult but judging from this thread it seems the editor will be such a vital element that most will be running it 24/7 anyways :D

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• Check these numbers against any other topic on the forum. Over 2 THOUSAND replies here. You can argue about the content of each, but what you cant argue about are the numbers. This thread proves (to me) just how popular the idea of an Editor is. ^^ :thumbup:

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Check these numbers against any other topic on the forum. Over 2 THOUSAND replies here. You can argue about the content of each, but what you cant argue about are the numbers. This thread proves (to me) just how popular the idea of an Editor is. ^^ :thumbup:

Just like Brexit....

*Runs*

• If they had released even a first beta then I would say I believe them. Until I see either a beta or the final editor, I do not believe they are even close to being ready. They screwed up and announced it way too early giving us users a false expectation. That to me is a fail. IBIWISI.

I have nothing against Kemper, their hardware is fantastic. I'll never get rid of mine. Yet I still believe they failed us by announcing a product that is nowhere near ready. Sorry but that is just my 2c.

You rip and criticize the company for all manner of reasons (including their country of origin), and then say "I have nothing against Kemper...."

So....you're just whining, then?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Btw.: did you see that Helix provides now a VST plugin of their HW for under 100 bucks if you own a Helix Floor?

...OK. Now back to 2010...

KPA PowerRack, KPA Stage, Mission EP1-KP, Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard, Palmer Macht 402, Palmer Cab Merger, 2x Ritter Amps FRFR Camper Plus, Solar Guitars E1.7 FBB, Ibanez JEM70V-SFG + some more guitars ;)

• Hello,

Is there any information leaks about the editor's features ?

I wanna mean, i 'd like it to be able to work without the hardware connected....

With Helix edit, i missed it.

Of course, i won't hear the result instantly but after a little practice you know what parameter you often tweak, where you place your favorite effects and how you adjust them. It could be cool to create Perfom RIgs the same manner too ....

• The official name of the editor is Chinese Democracy.

It's coming...soooooooon. ;)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• You rip and criticize the company for all manner of reasons (including their country of origin), and then say "I have nothing against Kemper...."

So....you're just whining, then?

If he just argued that perhaps the editor case could have been handled better, one way or another, or was even just somewhat frustrated by the delays, that’d be one thing. It’s the rather conspiratorial elements that push this too far out.

The bonanza

• Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

As stated in another response, this is not a revenue generating piece of work, at least not directly hence your comments don't really apply.

Like a lot of people on here, having managed IT projects for about 20+ years, I understand the process.

The point is none of us really know the inner workings, we are only going on what we have seen and speculation. They are also a small business and CK seems very involved so I suspect there is less for them to answer for in terms of budget etc, more operational cost and where to spend their time. Given they have only just upped the last release to a full release I can;t believe they were ever going to release the Editor prior to resolving that.

I'm happy they stay in testing until they feel comfortable to release. Their quality control to date has been pretty good.

To me they have issued an intention of when to release, (I might be wrong) which seems to have turned into a "promise"....i might be wrong but I don't remember those words.

Its funny, if they communicate we slam them if they don't hit a deadline. If they don't everyone says they are not doing anything...they can't win.

I check this post everyday as I do want an editor. I enjoy the playful comments and fun. Less keen on the "why does a £2000 piece of equipment not come with an editor"...yawn.

Lets keep the perspective/context here..

• Its funny, if they communicate we slam them if they don't hit a deadline. If they don't everyone says they are not doing anything...they can't win.

I have stated before that I work in IT. My company has invented the product and process that we sell, so we are also involved in both software and hardware R&D. One thing that we do drive through all departments from support to sales to management is to avoid providing hard dates and deadlines to the public. Kemper has done exactly that, provided an update on progress without making delivery promises this time. We would all like more information and to get it more frequently but I would rather see the occasional update like that then to have someone take their bandwidth away from critical functions to complete the editor. I know many bash constantly but some people will always complain no matter what the have

• Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

Kemper is a "family business" no bean counters, SLA, SDLC involved I guess :)

• If he just argued that perhaps the editor case could have been handled better, one way or another, or was even just somewhat frustrated by the delays, that’d be one thing. It’s the rather conspiratorial elements that push this too far out.

No one ever wants to look at the flip side of things. Instead of conspiracy and seeming animosity on Kemper's behalf towards its customer. Which, is a laughable idea for a business, it could be:

- Sales have been so strong that they can't keep up with production. Resources originally intended for development aren't available as originally planned.

- Someone crucial in the development could have had Life drop a nuclear device on them. Things like an illness, a death an accident. Happens all day, everyday to everyone.

- Getting the software to function as they require has been more difficult than anticipated. This happens *all* the time. Wampler's new Terraform is a prime example. These aren't just new, but new as in 'never-done-this-before'. If you've never done it, you have no real concept of how hard it will be.

After all, the KPA was not developed with an editor in mind. Quite the opposite.

Or......some combination of the above....or......choose your negative-connotation conspiracy theory and make it a downer for yourself.

What should be a fun but frustrating time is actually one of the worst community threads I've ever been involved with.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche