Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Its funny, if they communicate we slam them if they don't hit a deadline. If they don't everyone says they are not doing anything...they can't win.

I have stated before that I work in IT. My company has invented the product and process that we sell, so we are also involved in both software and hardware R&D. One thing that we do drive through all departments from support to sales to management is to avoid providing hard dates and deadlines to the public. Kemper has done exactly that, provided an update on progress without making delivery promises this time. We would all like more information and to get it more frequently but I would rather see the occasional update like that then to have someone take their bandwidth away from critical functions to complete the editor. I know many bash constantly but some people will always complain no matter what the have

• Not that I really even care any more about an Editor, I have learned to love the KPA as is. However I am a professional software developer here in the US and I have never worked on a project with an open ended time line. Stakeholders and Project Managers have this thing about costs and timelines that you can't just blow off. The main purpose of course is to communicate this to the stakeholders and user community in order to manage expectations. I am governed by SDLC and SLA agreements and am held accountable to them as a matter of responsibility. To not have a target is an open invitation to massive cost overruns and other things that jeopardize the success of a project. Maybe Kemper has decided to keep this discussion private for some reason. I don't agree with that approach but there is nothing I can do about it so I wait along with all of you patient folks out there and enjoy the entertainment value of this thread. I am sincerely hoping for the success of this project. Good luck.

Kemper is a "family business" no bean counters, SLA, SDLC involved I guess :)

• If he just argued that perhaps the editor case could have been handled better, one way or another, or was even just somewhat frustrated by the delays, that’d be one thing. It’s the rather conspiratorial elements that push this too far out.

No one ever wants to look at the flip side of things. Instead of conspiracy and seeming animosity on Kemper's behalf towards its customer. Which, is a laughable idea for a business, it could be:

- Sales have been so strong that they can't keep up with production. Resources originally intended for development aren't available as originally planned.

- Someone crucial in the development could have had Life drop a nuclear device on them. Things like an illness, a death an accident. Happens all day, everyday to everyone.

- Getting the software to function as they require has been more difficult than anticipated. This happens *all* the time. Wampler's new Terraform is a prime example. These aren't just new, but new as in 'never-done-this-before'. If you've never done it, you have no real concept of how hard it will be.

After all, the KPA was not developed with an editor in mind. Quite the opposite.

Or......some combination of the above....or......choose your negative-connotation conspiracy theory and make it a downer for yourself.

What should be a fun but frustrating time is actually one of the worst community threads I've ever been involved with.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As stated in another response, this is not a revenue generating piece of work, at least not directly hence your comments don't really apply.

If it's not generating revenue, why has it been announced at winter Namm ?

And then, why hasn't the stage been announced before release ?

I think both those questions are pretty much business related. I may be wrong.

• If it's not generating revenue, why has it been announced at winter Namm ?

And then, why hasn't the stage been announced before release ?

There is definitely a discrepancy in how the releases were handled. I suspect the release of the Stage may have created some unforeseen obstacles. Getting the bulk if Kempers on a unified OS (ver 7 at this time). It does seem like it was a required step towards the editor release. Backwards compatibility does create other issues for sure. Now since we have a mostly unified OS release they can push to only one Kemper OS. I am sure the forum and facebook groups will blow up the day it is released. I just hope they blow up in a positive way.

• Totally agree.

I would also bet that there is going be features/functions included that are not expected.

Noises were made about the acoustic sim that seems to not have been mentioned for a while.

there is probably other stuff too.

It may not just be the Editor itself thats the delay.

Stuff within the update also may not be finished or being tweaked.

Would make perfect sense to me as to why theres being unexplained hold ups.

Fingers crossed

• I very much doubt they will add much more than just the editor. I think the major hold up was most likely testing of the software on different setups to make sure the KPA doesn't lose USB connectivity as has happened a lot with Rig Manager. I would say once these issues are ironed out we should see a beta. As for the acoustic sim. I doubt we will see that until OS8 at least.

• I very much doubt they will add much more than just the editor. I think the major hold up was most likely testing of the software on different setups to make sure the KPA doesn't lose USB connectivity as has happened a lot with Rig Manager. I would say once these issues are ironed out we should see a beta. As for the acoustic sim. I doubt we will see that until OS8 at least.

Hmmm.....

Maybe.

But Im staying positive.

Alot of stuff they seem to do seems to stay under the radar.

Then bang... its out.

I think theres a few aces up the sleeve still.

Thats what id like to think anyway 😂