Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• So many people stating that they don't need an editor

Show me just one.Please be so kind..can you?

Absolutely EVERYONE in this thread ,in this forum and in every single gearblog out there says that the editor is needed now and ofcourse will be a nice addition.

Really..there is a fine line between serious discussion and just trolling but here we have an ocean dividing the (indeed) handful of people insisting on the same and again same arguments just for the sake of it.

Again..everyone will admit that the editor will be a very nice thing.It is in the works!

Saying that in the past before 2017 the Kemper stuff did not needed an editor is a valuable point.These things were easy to handle.But hey..no matter what we (actually the vast,silent majority of the huge Kemper Family) will say..it does not change a Jota in what will continue to happen here..right?

• I think some folks get confused with whats needed/wanted in general versus whats needed to live & breath.

Let's get this one out of the way 1st- I can breath without an Editor. So can you.

That doesn't however remove the fact that it will be a great tool to have for most of us.

But you're right. It's not needed for inhalation or exhalation from the lungs.

As always, YMMV. Now breath.... ;)  :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... :D Kemper/Helix user

• we are running test. i cannot predict the future, so i cannot know what we will find next. I thought the word "release candidate" give you a good indication of what state the product is in. when i'd read this, I'd think "that's good news". but if you want to know if it's 2 weeks or 4 weeks - the answer is simple: i could only guess and that does't help anybody.

GString thanks for the update! I think if you guys did this sort of thing more often, we would have way less complaints. Because, and I am not saying this is the case at all, it kind of makes us feel that our questions fall on deaf ears. I don’t think that’s the case, I’m sure you are working full time on this thing, but once in a while, please just take 5 minutes of your time to give us a small update, even if it is to say it’s no ready yet. As long as it is good when it comes out, I’ll be happy.

• *raises hand*

I don’t think I’ve ever said I needed the editor. Nor do I believe it is necessary for Kemper to remain viable as a company.

Do I want one? Sure.

So some believe they need it? Sure. Usually to make life easier or more efficient. Not so the KPA is functional and certainly not needed in order to buy one.

Not in this thread, anyway.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi Vinny, I agree to all but one thing - I think the "importance" of the Editor changes per the users needs. And thats why one is being made, because G-String see's this as an issue as well, and not just for having to bend down to adjust the Stage. For example, what you may not be thinking about is using the Kemper in a studio some distance "away" from your DAW/Mixer/ETC. Here is where the Editor will be very handy to have. :)

Yes, agreed. If it’s racked far away, that is a pain. Same with bending over to edit the Stage. Like I said in another post a while back, it’s still infinitely better than programming an old school Bradshaw system from back in the day.
    The thing is, it will be released. I just don’t understand why the same handful of people fill two new pages everyday with the same complaints. I just don’t see the point. It won’t speed things up. The editor will land when it lands.

• Hi Vin! Always nice to see old HRI guys!

I already wrote, I'm not screaming for an Editor, I was just contemplating if allocating resources had the right balance from a business perspective.

Ah, really miss the HRI days. 😊

Who would imagine back then that we could all ditch our Bradshaw systems and pretty much have it all on one unit.

• Yes, agreed. If it’s racked far away, that is a pain. Same with bending over to edit the Stage. Like I said in another post a while back, it’s still infinitely better than programming an old school Bradshaw system from back in the day.
    The thing is, it will be released. I just don’t understand why the same handful of people fill two new pages everyday with the same complaints. I just don’t see the point. It won’t speed things up. The editor will land when it lands.

For me I have the Stage unit and it sits on the other side of the room for me. While I don't spend much time tweaking with the Kemper. it would simplify things when I need to create a new performance. My desk chair is far more comfortable then the floor.

• I'll be honest, I never thought I would/ could use an editor, But the other day I had to tweak a couple of things on my Stage. I hated heving to crawl around on the floor , just to do it. I have it mounted on pedalboard with my GR55 and ( even thought I have made it as light as possible) It's still too heavy to lift up on a table to tweek a few things