Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Hi Vinny, I agree to all but one thing - I think the "importance" of the Editor changes per the users needs. And thats why one is being made, because G-String see's this as an issue as well, and not just for having to bend down to adjust the Stage. For example, what you may not be thinking about is using the Kemper in a studio some distance "away" from your DAW/Mixer/ETC. Here is where the Editor will be very handy to have. :)

Yes, agreed. If it’s racked far away, that is a pain. Same with bending over to edit the Stage. Like I said in another post a while back, it’s still infinitely better than programming an old school Bradshaw system from back in the day.
    The thing is, it will be released. I just don’t understand why the same handful of people fill two new pages everyday with the same complaints. I just don’t see the point. It won’t speed things up. The editor will land when it lands.

• Hi Vin! Always nice to see old HRI guys!

I already wrote, I'm not screaming for an Editor, I was just contemplating if allocating resources had the right balance from a business perspective.

Ah, really miss the HRI days. ?

Who would imagine back then that we could all ditch our Bradshaw systems and pretty much have it all on one unit.

• Yes, agreed. If it’s racked far away, that is a pain. Same with bending over to edit the Stage. Like I said in another post a while back, it’s still infinitely better than programming an old school Bradshaw system from back in the day.
    The thing is, it will be released. I just don’t understand why the same handful of people fill two new pages everyday with the same complaints. I just don’t see the point. It won’t speed things up. The editor will land when it lands.

For me I have the Stage unit and it sits on the other side of the room for me. While I don't spend much time tweaking with the Kemper. it would simplify things when I need to create a new performance. My desk chair is far more comfortable then the floor.

• Ah, really miss the HRI days. ?

Who would imagine back then that we could all ditch our Bradshaw systems and pretty much have it all on one unit.

Yeah :), we hated low bits and noise, now I miss my SDE3000 with tears in my eyes, but the Kemper is just way less stuff to move and less things to go wrong.

• I'll be honest, I never thought I would/ could use an editor, But the other day I had to tweak a couple of things on my Stage. I hated heving to crawl around on the floor , just to do it. I have it mounted on pedalboard with my GR55 and ( even thought I have made it as light as possible) It's still too heavy to lift up on a table to tweek a few things

• The editor is needed since the full release of the new delays.Doing morphing with two KPAs is a pita with no editor.The new reverbs and ofcourse all all the rest..cabs,fx presets etc..there is no player out there who is at least at some semi-pro level who is not waiting for the editor.It is funny that some guys here insist that there are "many people in this forum who say they don't need an editor" when there are none.This discussion is over since 2017.Why does it come up almost every day?

And a word about the Kone..

I wonder..saying (and we don't hear this for the first time) the editor is "more important than the Kone" and that Kemper must "catch up with the competition" must be the funniest thing I heard since "Taylor swift brought as many kids to the electric guitar as EVH"..

We talk about the solution to the ampintheroom-issue which was always the plague to the digital modelling buiseness..but instead to see what potential this Kone technology has and how far in front of the competition @CK is with his thinking for the future..well..what else to say..it is just funny..

Soon we will see that the "competition" runs behind the digital imprints thing begging celestion to make the same for them as they did for the profiler..just a few years later..

• The editor is needed since the full release of the new delays

No - the editor is needeed more since new delays and reverbs.

There are people, sometimes older, who bought KPA with the thought that it will be like an old analog amplifier. But it is not. It is not easy for everyone to delve into all the parameters of this amplifier. Some wrote that if it were not for TME, they would sell KPA. Some thanks because they can sit behind the armchair in the studio. And here are a handful of the same people who are trying to tell the KPA team: "Hey, we don't need an editor but if you do it it will be fun". No mates. That's not how you support your team. I would love to see this editor and there are some people waiting fot this pice of software. RM3.0 will be great because I saw with what enthusiasm they show it on NAMM. This will be the top notch!

• DamianGreda

I said this so often..I am convinced the "secret of success" of the Kemper is its amp-like feel..it makes the transition for tube-rig users to digital gear very easy and smooth..

It makes no difference.The editor is in the works.It will arrive tomorrow or next week or next month..but it will come soon..

All that counts for me (since I got the profiler) is stability & reliability.For this reason I am more than willing to wait as long as it takes.

And Damian..I don't know about this group of people telling @CK that an editor is not needed..who are they?I don't believe this..sorry..I rather have a problem with the group of people putting pressure on the team to release an unstable version of the editor which should not even a first beta version.

This would be a huge disaster.For many reasons..I hope the team does not follow this path..

• No - the editor is needeed more since new delays and reverbs.

There are people, sometimes older, who bought KPA with the thought that it will be like an old analog amplifier. But it is not. It is not easy for everyone to delve into all the parameters of this amplifier. Some wrote that if it were not for TME, they would sell KPA. Some thanks because they can sit behind the armchair in the studio. And here are a handful of the same people who are trying to tell the KPA team: "Hey, we don't need an editor but if you do it it will be fun". No mates. That's not how you support your team. I would love to see this editor and there are sopme people waiting fot this pice of software. RM3.0 will be great because I saw with what enthusiasm they show it on NAMM. This will be the top notch!

Yeah agreed.

I dont care who says they dont need it.

No one wants to scroll though pages of delays etc burning out there knobs ?

Theres features in the kemper i barely touch because of all the scrolling.

Some i never even realised were there and ive had my kemper 4 or 5 years.

Just physically havent got time to tweak rather than play

I dont even look to see what particular delay or reverb im using

I freely admit to being a kemper bonehead.

I didnt start using morphing till about 3 months ago.

And i had no idea what the quick button did till this week. Ive never pasted anything, i dont use lock, and the list goes on. I didnt know the noise gate was in input either.

My point being its not the same machine it was when i bought it really. Its a different animal.

Id really love to see an auto swell function, that you can loop and reverse.

And an infinite sustain sustainiac ebow function.

Maybe can already be done.

Possibities are endless !

• Show me just one.Please be so kind..can you?

Absolutely EVERYONE in this thread ,in this forum and in every single gearblog out there says that the editor is needed....

I reiterate:

*I* do not need the editor. Your blanket statement (like most blanket statements) is false.

I wouldn’t mind it. But for how I work, it is not at all necessary. I seriously doubt I’m the only one who feels this way.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I don’t think anyone is saying they don’t need it. All I was saying is the same handful of people crying about it not being released yet makes zero difference to when it will arrive. They have no influence on its release at all. Nothing they say will hasten it’s arrival