Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Lol... Anyone else see the irony of the mis-edited quote in 7string's post up there?

For anyone who thinks Software Development is easy- I'd love to see what you can do. Hell, assemble a team if you want. Make it even bigger than the Software team at Kemper too.

Give them some slack. This isn't easy.

I do agree with you, and don't really care when the Editor comes, and you're right, it isn't easy. Seeing as I'm as likely as likely to assemble a large Software Dev team as you are to be posting from the moon tomorrow, I'm not really sure that's relevant. In fact, I am sure that is not.

This isn't easy, but it's also nothing special or extraordinary, Kemper has a history of unfulfilled release dates and they are just playing catchup with everyone else now. This one of the problems of expecting things from a company that has one owner, or is smaller and private; there are no hard deadlines. They aren't exactly cooking rocket science in there...this is 100% a top-town mgmt issue. And I say, who cares (except for the Stage guys, they are being slightly shafted by now)

If the editor was a true priority financially or otherwise, it would take not nearly as much time, and it would be done. I mean Damien did it in his free time through MIDI...but I don't blame them for not hiring it all out. I have a Kemper, a digital amp that I bought about 2 years ago, it's worth as least as much now as it was then, and had barely lost resale before I bought it. I don't have another digital device, let along a digital amp, that I can say the same for. So I am a very happy customer, and the only thing I deserve from them is to be treated fairly if a support issue ever arrises, and it seems clear the they are good with that. So I am set, everything else is gravy.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I think you've missed the point why people are so upset, I don't think anyone is doubting how hard software developement is, I know lots of Devs myself and they said this isn't exactly an easy task. But people are gettng tired becuase we saw the product a year ago, and so the QA is obviopusly taking a long time. I'm sure people don't mind putting up with a buggy editor, as long as they have an editor. and for what its worth, it took fractal no way near this long to get their editor out - and their's had to be way more comprehensive. It also doesn't help that Kemper is incrtedbly vague with its release, it wouldn't be hard just to say in a forum post that things are taking longer than expected, and we'll push the rewalse back 6 months.

Furthermore, the fact that a single user was able to put one out on his own and make it available for free speaks volumes. Oh and all musicans today do have to write, produce, record, mix, master and release a song all for free, and people bitch about it everyone opportunity they find.

• This isn't easy, but it's also nothing special or extraordinary, Kemper has a history of unfulfilled release dates and they are just playing catchup with everyone else now.

I disagree that it’s nothing special. The firmware was never designed to be controlled this way “but.....midi!!!”

Ain’t the same thing. Not at all.

The issues have primarily been with the Stage and its firmware. Not all, but primarily. The kind of weird stuff that (unfortunately) only field testing en masse finds. Ask any car manufacturer or cell phone maker. Weird stuff even the nuttiest engineer couldn’t fathom happening.

It has been said repeatedly by Kemper that editor software is done. That part is fairly straightforward. Probably even off-the-shelf frameworks available.

The firmware and stable comms between KPA and the editor have been the issue. We all know RM hasn’t been the most stable piece of S/W for some time. Seems likely they’re determined to correct that.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm sure people don't mind putting up with a buggy editor, as long as they have an editor.

If I had a choice in the matter, Id rather have a NON-Buggy Editor. AS Always, YMMV.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• To only thing I do not like this much on the Stage is that they did not route the Ethernet plug out ... if they did, there would have been a chance to be able to control the Stage (and the other profilers) via Ethernet, which then would enable a smartphone / tablet application. Especially in today's stage environments (digital mixers, WiFi, ...) the integration into an existing stage-network would have made sense to me.

• To only thing I do not like this much on the Stage is that they did not route the Ethernet plug out ... if they did, there would have been a chance to be able to control the Stage (and the other profilers) via Ethernet, which then would enable a smartphone / tablet application. Especially in today's stage environments (digital mixers, WiFi, ...) the integration into an existing stage-network would have made sense to me.

I’m not aware of any of its competitors with this. Not the AxeFX, nor the Helix.

Unless I’m missing something, controlling other units regardless of manufacturer is what MIDI was created for.

• controlling other units regardless of manufacturer is what MIDI was created for.

Hmm, that actually is an interface that Kemper could make use of. They would be able to create a MIDI based interface to give people the WIFI or Bluetooth options some people have mentioned here and would be a sales opportunity for some. I think it would be super low on their priority list. Dont mind me, just thinking and typing at the same time.

• Hmm, that actually is an interface that Kemper could make use of. They would be able to create a MIDI based interface to give people the WIFI or Bluetooth options some people have mentioned here and would be a sales opportunity for some. I think it would be super low on their priority list. Dont mind me, just thinking and typing at the same time.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…AEgLGgfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• If the editor was a true priority financially or otherwise, it would take not nearly as much time, and it would be done. I mean Damien did it in his free time through MIDI...

True.For sure they have other priorities.But these priorities are not "for them" but what @CK believes are more useful and important for his customers..strange enough that some of his customers can't see this.

In any case Kemper did very well acknowledged that now with all the new features an editor is useful and for this reason it will come soon.Right now it is a priority.No doubt.

• Perhaps you might want to step away from the pipe and let people voice their opinions. Just a suggestion. We all know yours by now. Nobody is slamming Kemper. This is an own goal for them. They announce after years of requests, creating lots of buzz, then the year goes by with no release. Yes that’s enough to create frustration. It’s not the end of the world. Will not deter me from making use of the kit. Still admire the genius of the device. Its just annoying that it’s still not here. There could be all kinds of reasons for the delay including, I suspect , a lack of in house sw expertise.

• True.For sure they have other priorities.But these priorities are not "for them" but what @CK believes are more useful and important for his customers..strange enough that some of his customers can't see this.

In any case Kemper did very well acknowledged that now with all the new features an editor is useful and for this reason it will come soon.Right now it is a priority.No doubt.

I'm not going to try to parse that first half out. I don't mean to be rude, maybe there is a language barrier here, but it is nonsense in English.

For the second part, let's go play- by-play:

"In any case Kemper did very well acknowledged that now with all the new features an editor is useful"

Unless by "new features" you mean bending down to the floor, I'm a little unsure as to what new features you're talking about that would have convinced Kemper to finally acknowledge that playing a little catch up in an area in which they have been getting their ass handed to them for years is..."useful"? That's mighty big of them.

"Right now it is a priority."

Not in the sense that a corporate board would consider it a priority, no it isn't. Do you think there's a tech company stateside who would let this go so long past announcement without firing every single person in the chain of command?

But CK runs this show, and that's fine and it often means things will take a while. I'm perfectly happy for whenever the Editor does or does not drop. But why do so many people here insist that Kemper is making a lateral play, when it's clearly a fumble???

I don't need an editor. I have ToastMe. I don't use that. The bass knob takes up 90% of my fiddling with the unit, I'm not a tweaker. Kemper owed us nothing. But they had to release the Stage, I get it, but to release it with no editor was a terribly bad decision from a PR standpoint.

K, I'll be back next month. Ya'll be good.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• When the Axe FX III FC was late, I used my Kemper. After the FC was available, the Kemper gradually migrated to the amp closet. When the editor is released and the software is finished, I’ll pull it back out, and see how it goes. No interest in a Stage as the Kemper Remote works great for me.

I love both platforms.

When will my talent upgrade be released?

• Is there any information about the features of that Rig Manager 3.0?

Can I:

- manage my cabs independent of the profiles

- assign nice pictures to the parts of the whole rig (and maybe also share it?)

- mass-edit profiles

- create set lists

- have a nice visual editor for the remote

KPA PowerRack, KPA Stage, Mission EP1-KP, Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard, Palmer Macht 402, Palmer Cab Merger, 2x Ritter Amps FRFR Camper Plus, Solar Guitars E1.7 FBB, Ibanez JEM70V-SFG + some more guitars ;)