Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Nope. There's no info about the functionality yet.

• I'm not going to try to parse that first half out. I don't mean to be rude

Ofcourse you are not rude..you're a good,balanced guy..so glad we have you here..

K, I'll be back next month. Ya'll be good

Yes.Everything will be fine..don't worry..and don't forget your medication..

• Nikos see ?

Not taking that bet.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I think you've missed the point why people are so upset, I don't think anyone is doubting how hard software developement is, I know lots of Devs myself and they said this isn't exactly an easy task. But people are gettng tired becuase we saw the product a year ago...

Earlier this year we were shown a demo and what they were working on. People leap to the concept that "its nearly ready". A substantial percentage of the time in coding is to make it "industrialised", i.e. robust, scalable and suitable for full release, through the testing cycle in particular.

Go to a car show and look at manufacturers concept/new cars and its way more vague than we have had.

They gave us a target date of the Summer, I don't remember a promise. We have had updates since saying its taking longer than expected. In the past people have moaned about no visibility of what they are working on. Unusually ( I've not seen this with other releases) we have had some updates and they still get a kicking. I suspect we won;t get more frequent debates as it will open up peoples expectation for 2 way dialogue on the internal workings of Kemper.

I remember much of the early discussions on an Editor and frankly its wasn't seen as a big request behind the other needs, it now seems to have become life or death for some people ( exaggeration for effect).

Few "must" have an editor.

Most want an Editor, some more than others - this has changed the bias for some people with the Stage. There is no debate here.

So, please keep some context here, although this is just retrospective on it. Others will feel differently.

Can we get back to the jokes as that way more fun!

• Well then. I was kinda bummed to not see a new thread with all the folks that got the editor before I did but alas, my hiatus has yielded nothing of the sort. LOL. Oh well.

This is reminiscent of Eventide and the android app for the H9. People were losing their damn minds, accusing the Eventide folks of intentionally dismissing the android users and other wildly heinous actions. Someone from Eventide finally put it on the table and said "fine, you think you could do it? We'll PAY YOU. Hire on and develop it with/for us".

What came of it? Crickets.

It was a good three years between the desktop release and the android version, all the while the response was "we're working on it", which they were. It was a huge pain in the ass for them, but they got it done in a timeframe the company could support. Imagine how that went for three years, having a fully functional, operating version for Mac, Windows, AND I.os but no android. People screamed about how it couldn't be that hard to write the code and such since the platform was already there. But it was.

I want the editor just like anyone else. I was super excited to get my hands on it after seeing it in action last January but I'm not gonna lose my marbles over it not being ready.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Look around for a used M-Audio midi-sport 4x4. I believe the drivers are still available for it. Works well on my iMac.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Unfortunately my interface doesn't have MIDI. I only have the 2I2 for now.

same here... a while back I was (entusiastically) ready to delve into the wonderful world of toast and MIDI and was pricing new interface units when word of the editor came along... with the word being that it would be released 'this summer' I figured it would be better to wait for the 'official' editor, rather than going the toast route... not pointing any fingers or placing any blame but had I known then what I know now the choice would've been entirely different...

The older I get, the better I was.

• i honestly don't need an editor so bad I need to buy new stuff just for it. I also refuse to use anything made by Apple.

Thats why I said get a used one. But you don't need it so nevermind. ; )

BTW- why the hate on Apple?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user