Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• um... search button above....

Logic also dictates that knobs and buttons wear out. Using software versus knobs and buttons is a better option.

That’s a cop out. Its your assertion. Not my job to prove your point.

You’ve either got something to back it up or not.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Here I was all ready to be thankful for an editor on this amazing day.

Kemper crew, take your time and make it right, I’ll be ok. I bought my stage knowing there wasn’t an editor, and I can live without it for awhile :)

• I'm pretty sure most of the people here would pay for the editor. So just release it and if you wanna ask for money just do it. People who don't need it they can just live without it, so no problems for them.

• That’s a cop out. Its your assertion. Not my job to prove your point.

You’ve either got something to back it up or not

Um, yeah, whatever. My assertion that software is better workflow than knobs and switches? OK, perhaps that’s just me.

...or asserting that mechanical knobs and switches wear out over time and people have reported this on these boards and elsewhere? And that software would help extend the life of said buttons and switches?

Have fun beating the contrarian drum on this particular thread.

• My assertion that software is better workflow than knobs and switches? OK, perhaps that’s just me.

Kinda depends on where yer at. If you are next to the KPA, then knobs work well. If you are 30 feet away sitting at your DAW working on a guitar part, then the "Editor" has (will have for the analistic) better workflow, at least for me. As always YMMV and thats ok. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Um, yeah, whatever. My assertion that software is better workflow than knobs and switches? OK, perhaps that’s just me.

...or asserting that mechanical knobs and switches wear out over time and people have reported this on these boards and elsewhere? And that software would help extend the life of said buttons and switches?

Have fun beating the contrarian drum on this particular thread.

That’s what I thought. Nothing.

Well done.

• Here's a video of me playing it live, featuring the infamous "Hyperspace Pedal" for all the spaceship sounds and thundering pickslides....

Great guitar sound, wish you would upload it to RE! Nicely played as well. (The drums kind of ruin it for me - too hot in the mix, dry, sound plastic). Upload that profile, love to know what your feet are up to... using the Remote, or other pedals? Good job once again.

Gary ô¿ô

• Where, exactly?

All over the forum just a while after the Stages stated shipping? It's been pretty common. It's understandable that they may have to make some adjustments in the manufacturing process, building things people get drunk and stomp on has got to be difficult.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I know this is OT but i'd like to ask you. I see you're a helix user also. What is your opinion in the comparison between the two?

They are different enough for me to own both and enjoy good tones from both that are not identical. That and with Helix, the 4 aux ports make it a center-piece in most studios for running 4 cable method amps or Strymon pedals. And with the "Control" window in HX-Edit, I can set up all 3 Strymon pedals (via MIDI) for individually different patches per "Snap-Shot" all within "one" patch in Helix, and you can have multiple Snap-Shots per patch!

I keep my Kemper around cause it just sounds so damn good. ^^. I purchased and downloaded some "Magnatone" profiles from "the Amp-Factory" @ 1/2 price Black Friday sale today. To me, Finding and Buying 3rd party amps (like the Magnatone amp profiles I found this morning) you can "not" do as well on Helix as you can on the KPA, because they are not so readily available.

I hope that answered your questions.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited once, last by spikey ().

• They are different enough for me to own both and enjoy good tones from both that are not identical. That and with Helix, the 4 aux ports make it a center-piece in most studios for running 4 cable method amps or Strymon pedals. And with the "Control" window in HX-Edit, I can set up all 3 Strymon pedals (via MIDI) for individually different patches per "Snap-Shot" all within "one" patch in Helix, and you can have multiple Snap-Shots per patch!

I keep my Kemper around cause it just sounds so damn good. ^^. I purchased and downloaded some "Magnatone" profiles from "the Amp-Factory" @ 1/2 price Black Friday sale today. To me, Finding and Buying 3rd party amps (like the Magnatone amp profiles I found this morning) you can "not" do as well on Helix as you can on the KPA, because they are not so readily available.

Perfectly. Thanks. I own a Kemper and an Ax8 and they sound fantastic. There's not a winner between the two in my opinion. I was curious about Helix cause i didn't have the chance to try one so far.

• They are different enough for me to own both and enjoy good tones from both that are not identical. That and with Helix, the 4 aux ports make it a center-piece in most studios for running 4 cable method amps or Strymon pedals. And with the "Control" window in HX-Edit, I can set up all 3 Strymon pedals (via MIDI) for individually different patches per "Snap-Shot" all within "one" patch in Helix, and you can have multiple Snap-Shots per patch!

Yep - completely agree with this. I have both units in a rack. Both units make great tones. The Helix is easier to edit (without an editor) and has more I/O and external control options, and (I think) more FX.

Together they make for a mega rig - any amp, any FX, any combination.... Aw yeah !

• All over the forum just a while after the Stages stated shipping? It's been pretty common. It's understandable that they may have to make some adjustments in the manufacturing process, building things people get drunk and stomp on has got to be difficult.

His reference was to wearing out buttons and knobs. Not manufacturing gremlins on new units.

• It's been almost a year since announcement and no editor yet. I've sold my Kemper a few years ago due to this annoyance and the hopes of a refreshed version will be released, with better screen and better workflow, was waiting for a reason to buy a new one once again once the editor comes out

AXE FX might be expensive and they loose market value like crazy once a new version comes out but at least there are quality of life improvements with each refresh.

I'm directing my money elsewhere, was hoping to give it to a local EU company instead of US but this hardly justifies it.