Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• I don't think they're incompetent at all. They're not lying neither 'cause the editor is coming out (soon) and that's true. I think they're just buying time as they did since the beginning. As i said i hope to be disproved very soon.

I agree.

It looks like they are having a hard time with the recent change from FW 6 to 7 and the hardware issues with the Stage, plus the development of the kone and whatever else they have up their sleeves. These guys are a small team and have their hands full is my guess.

The recent stability/quality issues are not good for their business, especially given the highly competitive landscape, and I am sure they are under a lot of pressure internally to get this rig back on track. Even 7.1.3 is still a buggy release, so If I was in their shoes I wouldn't want to repeat/continue the FW7 experience.

Even if it takes more time, and may annoy a few forumites, I'd rather sort out FW7 once and for all, then make sure RM3 and the editor are fully stable before release so they can put this year behind them.

Complaining and calling them incompetent or misleading will do nothing to speed up the process. At the end of the day this is a first world problem fellas.

• My fear is that they're still not really close to a candidate release but actually they are still quite far behind. I hope to be disproved very soon about this.

GString actually said in this post earlier this month that they have a “release candidate “ version so that would tend to contradict your assumption that they are still not really close to a candidate release.

• The only fact that would prove (at least to me) that they had been lying all along would be if it was released at next Winter Namm.
    For now, i prefer to think that they were just too enthusiastic in their communication.

I agree with you. In any case i'm confident that they'll release the editor on december.

• Well those drifter's days are past me now

I've got so much more to think about

Deadlines and commitments

What to leave in, what to leave out...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... :D Kemper/Helix user

• when a couple days turns into a couple months... its a joke... no excuses...

Meh. Software isn’t the problem. Has to be the firmware. Which is far more important (and difficult) than anyone admits.

When it goes wrong.....this is often what you see.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If I had a choice in the matter, Id rather have a NON-Buggy Editor. AS Always, YMMV.

I don't really get what you're saying - the entire premise of alpha & beta testing is that those who are willing to put up with things that are buggy can do, and anyone like yourself can wait until the full release. That way every one is happy. I wasn't syaing they should never complete the project to a high, bug-free standard.

• I don't think that is a fair comparison at all; concpect cars are made with no definitive expectation they will ever come out, its more like when manufacturer unveil their cars, and at the moment they usually are seen on the road a month or two later. And also cars take infitive more time to design. But okay, yeah I get your point.

Nevertheless, kemper does NEED an editor, because all the competion has one. Some people seem to be suggesting that anyone asking for an editor are being entitled (or things along those lines). I just don't think that's true, everyone asking is doing so becasue the LOVE the kemper so much and they want it to be as good as possible, and if they see the helix has one, they think they should have it too.

I came from an Axe-fx about a year ago, and one of the reasons that finally pushged me over the edge to convert (other than obv. the amazing sound) was they were finally going to add an editor, as well as they were adding more complex reverbs and effects. As someone who bought an Kemper in 2019, it felt really compromised and kinda out-dated that it didn't have one. The screen is tiny acompared to Axe 3, low res and non-colour. I think of all the modellers/profilers out there, the kemper needs it the most - Especially the pedal version. I don't know how they could launch that without an editor, imo that's crazy.

Also, judging by the size of this thread, I think its fair to say there is a lot of demand. and yeah your right, I don't think there was a promise, but no release date is ever a promise, and people are still going to get bothered when it doesn't arrive when they said it would.

• I don't really get what you're saying - the entire premise of alpha & beta testing is that those who are willing to put up with things that are buggy can do, and anyone like yourself can wait until the full release. That way every one is happy. I wasn't syaing they should never complete the project to a high, bug-free standard.

They never stated up front that we were to be beta testers to begin with. Had they done this then your point would be valid. Obviously we will be beta testers anyway but I don't believe this will be by design. And yes, Id rather have a non-buggy Editor to begin with. Thats what Im saying and its a fairly simple concept. In other words I can wait a bit. So you want a date for when I will become like you and want to become a "beta" tester? Alright, winter Namm, slated to be on January 16-19 in Southern Cali. I expect it (pure speculation) to be out before Christmas 2019 however. ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... :D Kemper/Helix user

Edited 3 times, last by spikey ().

• I don't really get what you're saying - the entire premise of alpha & beta testing is that those who are willing to put up with things that are buggy can do, and anyone like yourself can wait until the full release. That way every one is happy. I wasn't syaing they should never complete the project to a high, bug-free standard.

The bugs aren’t in the editor. They’ve (repeatedly) said that’s done.

It’s under-the-hood bugs they’re working out. Even if the editor is what's causing them problems, what's the point of an alpha/beta test? Publicizing problems they're already aware of?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited 2 times, last by Ruefus ().

Also, judging by the size of this thread, I think its fair to say there is a lot of demand. and yeah your right, I don't think there was a promise, but no release date is ever a promise, and people are still going to get bothered when it doesn't arrive when they said it would.

That would be misleading. It’s mostly 6 guys going back and forth about why it’s not needed, and why it is. Mostly content free. Of course it’s just passing time while the editor slowly weeps.