Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• "It’s mostly 6 guys going back and forth about why it’s not needed, and why it is."

i really enjoy this thread.

if somebody needs something then these needs are i guess needed?

i also think the editor is really needed judging by the size and the demand here on this thread and elsewhere.

before i used kemper "in my studio" i was using amplitube and gtr and guitar rig.

apart from these apps draining my resources i was very frustrated in tweaking a guitar sound on my mouse. it just felt very unmusical so from that experience i believe that i personally wont gain anything from an editor,but i could also be completly wrong? maybe there will be features i am not foreseeing right now so i feel a bit excited to see what happens .

• I guess that i need it, 'cause my arms are so heavy after 30 minutes setting the kemper unit at arms length.

Well, yes of course they are.... We all the same age, have a beard, own a VW and have our Kemper's at arms length, on the same kind of desk, with the same profiles in each. We all live in a yellow submarine... EVERYBODY SING!!!! ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... :D Kemper/Helix user

• I am sure that if Kemper could do it all over again Kemper would not have announced the editor at Namm 2019. It would have prevented all of these release date posts. Kemper should have just waited until it was done and released it without any notice.

• I am sure that if Kemper could do it all over again Kemper would not have announced the editor at Namm 2019. It would have prevented all of these release date posts. Kemper should have just waited until it was done and released it without any notice.

I agree but they did and here we are. If it's not ready yet but there is a working version they should reach out to some of their more long standing users and give them a beta version. A move like that would allow these beta testers to provide a great test for their QA and provide the users in forums like this to have progress updates.

• I agree but they did and here we are. If it's not ready yet but there is a working version they should reach out to some of their more long standing users and give them a beta version. A move like that would allow these beta testers to provide a great test for their QA and provide the users in forums like this to have progress updates.

Although unlikely, who says they haven't?

I'm sure if they did though they would require them to sign something along the lines of an NDA, so we would never hear about it.

• I agree but they did and here we are. If it's not ready yet but there is a working version they should reach out to some of their more long standing users and give them a beta version. A move like that would allow these beta testers to provide a great test for their QA and provide the users in forums like this to have progress updates.

When they already know about issues that need fixing.....what’s the point of publishing a piece of software they know to be flawed? Or, more likely a firmware still in need of tweaking?

Testers are for finding unknown problems.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• When they already know about issues that need fixing.....what’s the point of publishing a piece of software they know to be flawed? Or, more likely a firmware still in need of tweaking?

Testers are for finding unknown problems.

Hardware and software companies do it all the time and list those flaws as "known issues".

I'm a software engineer and have publicly stated that I'm in the "It's done when it's done" camp. That said, I think Kemper really did blow it with this. I certainly don't think it was deliberate, but they do have some egg on their face from announcing it so far in advance of it being actually ready.

My guess is they had to say something in order to alleviate the concerns of anyone buying the Stage, and then they got sidetracked fixing Stage OS bugs that probably translated into additional changes needed for the editor.

• Hardware and software companies do it all the time and list those flaws as "known issues".

I'm a software engineer and have publicly stated that I'm in the "It's done when it's done" camp. That said, I think Kemper really did blow it with this. I certainly don't think it was deliberate, but they do have some egg on their face from announcing it so far in advance of it being actually ready.

My guess is they had to say something in order to alleviate the concerns of anyone buying the Stage, and then they got sidetracked fixing Stage OS bugs that probably translated into additional changes needed for the editor.

Fair enough. I think they planned the editor around the Stage release. Then the new OS gave them fits. The Stage was (is) an apparent runaway success......with its own resultant problems.

End of Summer seemed reasonable.....until it wasn’t.

I still think something is *wrong* enough to preclude a beta. I mean....RM 2.3.14 is still pretty doggone crash-happy on my Mac.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• the simple truth of software development is, that things can change at any time. The underlying issue, in many cases, is, that the more an application comes to completion, the better you can test it. In this case, the current state is, that all features have been implemented and we keep running into little things we were not able to see before. From what I've experienced over the years, this is very normal in software development.

I'm totally happy that my last post received such a positive response and I very much appreciate that. I'll try to keep you posted on the progress from this point onwards. I don't think that "a few days" will mean "a month" but when you take into account what I wrote above, you might understand that what I write right now is entirely based on what I know right now.

This was posted shortly after the "couple of additional days" update. I don't know why people cant wrap their heads around this concept.

I'm sure the editor won't be perfect when it arrives (no software ever is), but it'll surely be in a better state than it would have been, had it been released in October.