Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Endless hours of sitting on the ground to tweak things is a huge reason why I am now a Kemper user. I dont spend nearly as much time on the ground as I did with the Helix but it would be nice to do things like setup effects without having to be on the ground.

Then why did you get the Stage and not the Toaster? Makes no sense.

Gary ô¿ô

• Then why did you get the Stage and not the Toaster? Makes no sense.

I went with the stage for two reasons, first off is the form factor. I like the all in one design of the foot controller for its compact design and easy transport. Second was the cost compared to buying a toaster and controller. I liked the form factor of the Helix and if it was not for their editor I would have left that product a lot sooner then this past August. At this point if I could trade the stage for a toaster and controller, I would but no one would make that trade.

• I went with the stage for two reasons, first off is the form factor. I like the all in one design of the foot controller for its compact design and easy transport. Second was the cost compared to buying a toaster and controller. I liked the form factor of the Helix and if it was not for their editor I would have left that product a lot sooner then this past August. At this point if I could trade the stage for a toaster and controller, I would but no one would make that trade.

I'd consider making that trade! And you could probably easily find someone willing to do so straight up. The falling resale of a used unpowered head+remote is partially due to the fact that one can buy a brand new Stage (which is feature wise the same thing as the head and remote in a single floor-shaped box) for $1700. I don't think I'd get close to $1700 if I tried to sell my head and remote, unless I found someone locally who wanted one without losing money on shipping costs and seller fees. (Even if the buyer pays shipping, this just reduces the total cost he's willing to pay for the product.)

• I expect nothing before NAMM 2020. It will take place Jan 16th - 19th. So in 6 weeks.

You need to pack your stuff and send it out from Recklinghausen, Germany to the show latest end of December to be on the safe side.

All the things that needs top be printed for the booth also needs to be prepared latest NOW. Kemper is listed as exhibitor, so what are they going to show? A fully functioning Editor would be a highlight and worth a major presentation on a show like NAMM.

I am not really expecting a KPA2.0 (Stage was just released...), so the booth at NAMM will most likely be based on existing HW and new SW (Editor, new effects, ...).

Not to be misunderstood... I really want an editor! I was totally disappointed when I bought my KPA. I was expecting that you can control the KPA via a PC. This is the 20th century... Every f*cking deveice can be. Take my Nux MightyLite BT (yes, I saw it in a Steve T. video and HAD to buy it). It comes even with an app for mobile phones! And I love it...

KPA PowerRack, KPA Stage, Mission EP1-KP, Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard, Palmer Macht 402, Palmer Cab Merger, 2x Ritter Amps FRFR Camper Plus, Solar Guitars E1.7 FBB, Ibanez JEM70V-SFG + some more guitars ;)

• To me, the Remote is the simplest plug and play option for the head IF you don't need other effects than what you place in the loop or loops or midi functionality beyond what you can do with the slot settings, AND if the ability to *only have four dedicated switches to turn things on an off with in a rig is sufficienct, on top of seeing with an led the morph status and the convenient possibilities of toggling that with the 1-5 switches. With midi controllers, you always have to make sure the led status matches up properly. Add in having a built in tuner at your feet and one less thing to plug into an AC outlet.

I'd seriously doubt a 2.0 at Namm what with all the never-ending work they've done to get a working editor and enhancements for the firmware of the current generation. And for that matter, if rolling out a 2.0 head/rack in 2020, why go through all the trouble of developing a 1.0 floor model in 2019, when you could just role out all three products in the same upcoming generation? Like I said years ago, they could have made a floor version very quickly once the development of the Remote was finished, the hard work for a Stage was done. All they really needed to develop was a floor-shaped metal container that held the hardware of the head and remote, and perhaps streamlining a few knobs and controls.. Going forward with 1.0, Stage, head w/remote and rack w/remote, they have three products: that have virtually the same hardware/firmware/software/editor to roll out new features for. This ensure that future rigs will be cross compatible with the three.

• lol. What a cluster* that was! It took years and never worked.

TC Electronic really drove off a cliff. when the G-system came out it was cutting edge and FINALLY was a product that allowed you to set your real overdrives up the way you like them in four loops, control your amp with a 5th, and use them independently within an-all in one high end digital effects system without tap-dancing. And high end effects from a company that was at the time considered top shelf in the post effects department. And the thing was serious tour grade, not a 2000's line6/boss multi-effects modeling toy. Then when all the ambient/shimmering delay/reverb stuff started coming out, (and is now made by everyone) and TC is still partying like it's 2005. They still sell that silly Nova System which has a huge audio gap when you change presets with the built in overdrive and which doesn't switch presets until you release the switches.

• About 1% of Kemper owners participate on this forum.

Commenting on this thread should become the new rite of initiation for the forums, it is such a cornerstone of the experience, that we will be talking about it way in the long future when the bluetooth cloud integrated kemper 2 or something releases.

The answer is 42