( Namm ) when will they release this new editor ??????

• I'd like to work on my Kemper with an editor but when I learn a program, I HATE to change quickly and learn another one 1 month later. That being said, should I wait for the new editor , which we can see at namm , or learn Toast me ? Do we have a date of release for the new one ???? Or its a land of confusion

• No harm in learning Toast; that'll take all of 5 minutes... OK, maybe a bit longer, but the integration with RM and the preset-handling and other advantages the company's editor is likely to have mean you're definitely going to want to use it anyway.

Personally I'm going to wait, as I've done all along; I was confident we'd see an editor, and said so many times. 8o

• In my opinion learning to use Toast Me is not different than learning to use your Kemper. If you know everything about what you can do with the KPA then learning to use Toast Me would take no more than 5-10 minutes.

Chances are that by using it you will learn a lot about what you can do, just by having all the knobs and options at your disposal.

It is very intuitive.

• When it is there then it is there:)

Toast Me is a good alternative till the editor come.

As far I considered from the fotos you need also to know how the KPA is working to work with it.

• They will release it when it's ready. I wouldn't want it earlier because it will crash. Software will always crash before testing is finished no matter how good the programmers are.

I could easily imagine it could be Q3 of 2019, if it's sooner then that will be a nice surprise.

Make sure you turn on beta in Rig Manager preferences, if you want asap.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• By past experience, we will wait a long time for the new updates and rig manager/editor. So it won't be a waste of your time using ToastMe for now (if you have a suitable MIDI interface). Note that Damian is still working on an update that will work with the new beta 5.7. The current ToastMe production release 1.40 works great with 5.5.2. and the previous 5.6 (spring reverb) beta.

• I got a pretty good test drive of it today. Summer is indeed the goal. It´s pretty badass, very simple, smooth, and user friendly. The whole chain of items (amp/cab/effects/etc) is drag and drop in linear fashion, drag and drop effect presets, and so on, and so on. It`s awesome. And for you neat gadget nerds (I am a part of that club), when you make adjustments via the editor the device responds with corresponding changes to whatever shows the parameter in real time (ie, the gain led`s move etc). Not gonna be overnight, but it`ll be awesome.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• I tried Toast Me but lasted about 10 minutes then decided it was more hassle than just twiddling knobs on the KPa itself. I think Damoen did a brilliant job creating an editor but I never saw the need for itas the KPa is sp intuitive already and physical knobs trump faffing with a mouse every day of the week for me.

However, the new official editor looks really interesting becais of the way it is going to be totally bi-directionally integrated and, more importantly, because it will handle rig and prest management which is the real shortfall of the current system. I’m definitely looking forward to the new preset management going live as soon as possible.

• I got a pretty good test drive of it today. Summer is indeed the goal. It´s pretty badass, very simple, smooth, and user friendly. The whole chain of items (amp/cab/effects/etc) is drag and drop in linear fashion, drag and drop effect presets, and so on, and so on. It`s awesome. And for you neat gadget nerds (I am a part of that club), when you make adjustments via the editor the device responds with corresponding changes to whatever shows the parameter in real time (ie, the gain led`s move etc). Not gonna be overnight, but it`ll be awesome.

Drooling... did you get a chance to demo the cab?

• NAMM - noun

1. An acronym, which is a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word. In this case, the letters stand for "Not April, Maybe May"

When cross-referenced with Kemper, the word 'May' should be understood to mean "Second half of the year."

:)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche