Soon to be new owner!!!

• I think most of the time when this happens, the seller developed cold feet. Or alternatively, they got a better offer from somewhere else and reneged on the deal.

That really sucks, SliderJeff . Complain to ebay and leave negative feedback. Don't wait for too long or you'll find it hard to get your money back through paypal as well.

• At this point, having talked to the guy on the phone a couple times, I don't get the feeling I'm being jerked around. The guy is a legit session and gigging guitarist, endorsed by Ibanez and VHT amps, as well. He did say the studio owner told him if the Kemper is covered, he would order it and have it sent to him PRIOR to receiving the actual check from the insurance company. Thanks for the giving me something to think about, nightflight. I still feel like everything is on the up and up, but if I start to smell something less than truthful, I will jump on it right away.

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• At this point, having talked to the guy on the phone a couple times, I don't get the feeling I'm being jerked around. The guy is a legit session and gigging guitarist, endorsed by Ibanez and VHT amps, as well. He did say the studio owner told him if the Kemper is covered, he would order it and have it sent to him PRIOR to receiving the actual check from the insurance company. Thanks for the giving me something to think about, nightflight. I still feel like everything is on the up and up, but if I start to smell something less than truthful, I will jump on it right away.

Jeff

lol @ nightflight, haha I wish I could change my username :D

Is this a deal on ebay or Reverb?

Remember, you are only protected for a two-month window when it comes to not receiving a product.

If the seller actually is cool, just ask for a refund and tell him you'll pay him again when he has a Kemper in hand.

This is all irrespective of how cool a seller is on the phone or whatever. If money has changed hands, either the transaction happens or the money is returned. No exceptions, especially with people you don't know.

Just checked... you did the deal around Jan 25 and were waiting for intimation of shipping. It's been 20 days and nothing shipped.

• Unfortunately, my elation was premature, as after weeks of waiting for the insurance to come through, they still haven't made any headway on the claim. The seller has now refunded my money, so at least I'm not out the cash on top of not receiving the item. To make things worse, Uncle Sam wants the better part of left leg, firstborn, my cars, and my right nut in taxes, so the funds will go towards paying that down as opposed to indulging in my gearlust. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to scrape together some cash and find another great deal to snag a Kemper, but for now, paying my taxes and keeping the house are the top priority. :)

Regards,

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Unfortunately, my elation was premature, as after weeks of waiting for the insurance to come through, they still haven't made any headway on the claim. The seller has now refunded my money, so at least I'm not out the cash on top of not receiving the item. To make things worse, Uncle Sam wants the better part of left leg, firstborn, my cars, and my right nut in taxes, so the funds will go towards paying that down as opposed to indulging in my gearlust. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to scrape together some cash and find another great deal to snag a Kemper, but for now, paying my taxes and keeping the house are the top priority. :)

Regards,

Jeff

You sir, have your priorities straight.

BUMMER!:P

• Ladies and gentlemen... barring any more auction-related weirdness, post-sale, I am now the owner of an unpowered Kemper Profiler Rack model!!!! I'm super excited to join the ranks of all you amazing people, musicians, and barnyard animals! Thanks again for all the well-wishes and advice on what to do to get myself up and running once it DOES arrive at my doorstep.

Have an awesome day, kids!

FINALLY counting myself amongst the chosen ones, I remain,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• I was actually scared to post here for fear I'd jinx something. Now that I have, I'm sure I did. Watch the news for a UPS truck that blows up or drives into the ocean or something... it's bound to happen now that I've said it aloud. 8o

Regs,

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Tracking info received! My baby arrives on Monday!!! The wife has already offered to help me reorganize our study/studio to make sure it's all setup for the new arrival. She's actually excited about this, as she loves listening to me play and it's been eons since I've been motivated to do so.

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! Just registered her so I can finally get access to all the Private forum mayhem! Unfortunately, due to life intruding, I won't be able to fire her up and see if she's all good for a couple more days, but I'm salivating at the chance. Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!

Regards,

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston