Soon to be new owner!!!

• Looks like the guy I bought it from won't be back in town to ship it to me until Friday... so my wait gets even longer. I DEMAND INSTANT GRATIFICATION, DANG IT! :)

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• The waiting was difficult, I remember that well. But now is the time, before it gets there, to go through the Kemper created tutorial videos, for the 3rd time if you've seen them once already, and read through the deeper-view manual too. That way, once it finally does get there, you'll know exactly what to do and not be overwhelmed with all the options and functions.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Sometimes the anticipation makes things even better... but not in this case!

Where'd that seller disappear to, call the cops!

LOL! I think he's on a business trip, but he's been very communicative. Evidently "It's actually been in a studio setting, so we profiled a couple Marshall JTM-45s (66 and a handwired Reissue) 3 or 4 blackface deluxe reverbs (they all sounded different) and a bunch of modern amps (diezel vh4, hagen, Bogner etc)". He asked if I wanted it set back to factory defaults and I basically said, "HELL NO! Leave those profiles in there, man!" :)

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Well, it appears I'm ready to cry. The guy that sold me the unit just called me to tell me that the intern at the studio where it's been kept while he was out of town managed to place it in a closet where there was a leak in the roof. It got completely drenched and so he doens't feel right selling me this unit. He's going to see what can be done on Monday when he talks to the intern and the studio owners, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. IF they agree to pay for a new unit or it's covered under the studio's insurance, he will sell me the new unit for the price I paid off ebay on the one that got damaged. So basically I'm SOL for now. FML. Something about "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat..." :(

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hmmm, I hope the guy gets it sorted out for you quickly if he's on the up n' up? :/

Did you get a crazy good deal or could you just ask for a refund and buy a different unit. I mean, as far as those profiles he's including you could always find those, if not better versions, depending on their profiling abilities?

Edit: I was looking for powered KPA's for Jeff while Dave had already replied and I forgot to post lol. On the same wavelength, Dave & I!!! ;):thumbup:

• Yeah, it was a crazy good deal. I'm hoping the universe owes me one and it's covered by insurance or the studio offers to pay for a new one that he'll re-sell me once he gets it. Deals like this don't come along often.

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Yeah, it was a crazy good deal. I'm hoping the universe owes me one and it's covered by insurance or the studio offers to pay for a new one that he'll re-sell me once he gets it. Deals like this don't come along often.

Jeff

Hey SliderJeff! That's bad news Jeff!

A water leak in a closet in a studio... Smells real bad bro´ - did your seller send a photo showing the damage?

Anyways, good luck with that one,

But I wouldn't hold my breath for too long...:/

Jeez... man, I don't like being in that sort of pain-in-the-a** situation. X(

Happened to me trying to buy an old Airstream on flea-bay for a friend who didn't know much english. Turns out they were luring many buyers with the same scam of paying a 500 dollar deposit and then just making the deal impossible for whatever reason seemed applicable at the time. They had placed the same ad all over. I withdrew when they told me I´d have to get it to a port and import it myself to Europe. Needless to say I had payed the deposit...:thumbdown::(

Take care,

Jim

Pain is a mouse sliding down a razor blade and using its B**LS as breaks. :pinch:

• Minor update... the studio has filed an insurance claim for the damaged gear and such, but it's unclear if the Kemper will be covered since it was not the studio's, but rather owned by the guy I bought it from. I'm still crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, and legs that they come through for me, but we'll see.

I'm reminded of a Tom Petty song at this point, "The waiting is the hardest part..."

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Minor update... the studio has filed an insurance claim for the damaged gear and such, but it's unclear if the Kemper will be covered since it was not the studio's, but rather owned by the guy I bought it from. I'm still crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, and legs that they come through for me, but we'll see.

I'm reminded of a Tom Petty song at this point, "The waiting is the hardest part..."

Jeff

I love that song as much as it pisses me off!

Good luck!