Living in an apartment where neighbors are constantly complaining. Playing at lower volumes while still maintaining sound integrity?

• Ahh I see. I thought he meant that it was illegal or something.. Was thinking in the lines of "maybe it's illegal to talk about paid presets because it's against Kemper's rules" or something. :P

Not at all. In fact, there's a lot of love for all the profilers here, both the ones selling commercial packs and the guys who share their work on the Rig Exchange. Check out the threads where someone's shared a new profile and count how many "thank you!" responses there are.

Just bear in mind that while this is an unusually positive place, it's still an Internet forum. If there weren't rules, sooner or later someone would sign up and spam every thread with, "Hey, buy my new profile pack!" I think the mods do a great job walking the line between a friendly environment and enforcing the rules that keep it that way.

May I ask something else?

At this point you've got a new piece of gear and you're going to have plenty of questions. The best thing to do is start posting threads that are specific to each question. That way someone will see the question, know the answer, and people will join in to help. It's also useful so that when someone like me comes along later with the same question, I can search the forum and find your post with all the answers and not have to duplicate the effort.

Oh, and don't forget to search the forum, as many questions get asked a lot so there's already a wealth of answers waiting for you.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Thanks, yes that's true. But problem is that I don't even know what to look for in the manual. I understand you have to press remote button and the kemper stomp button at the same time to add that effect to the pedal, like I saw in a tutorial video, but that's not working. And adding freeze effect to the remote is not working either. But you're right I'll skim through the manual more thoroughly and open new posts if I can't figure it out

• You have quite a few different questions already :)

Let's look at the Stomps being used with different Amps to start with. Most things on the Kemper can be achieved in multiple ways and this is no exception.

The first option is to use the lock button. Say, you want to have the same Reverb on all the time when auditioning different amp profiles. You could Hold the Reverb button until it starts flashing then hit the lock button. Now that effect only will never change unless you unlock it again. You can do the same for as many individual effects as you want so you could have Stomps A and B locked but C and changing with individual rigs for example. If you want to lock a full section (i.e. all 4 Stomps or all 4 Effects) hold the group button below the individual ones then hit lock and now the whole section is locked.

The next options would be to leave the Stomps and FX as you want them but instead of changing a full rig when browsing, use selective browsing to only change the Stack block. Its a similar process to locking the FX. Hold the Stack button (or even just one of the sections Amplifier or Cabinet) until it starts flashing. Now when you browse you will only change the selected part but the Stomps and FX will remain unchanged.

Another option would be to set up a Rig with the Stomps and Effects you like and save it. Now set up an entirely new rig and save it. Everything about each rig will be saved including the effects so the correct effects will load for each preset (unless you have something already locked) .

However, if you have a few different Virtual Pedal Board setups that you like to use regularly you can store just the Stomps or just the Effects as a Preset. Now you can load any rig you wantto get an amp but then add all your effects as a single preset instead of selecting them one by one.

Hope that helps.

• I kind of like to know what I buy and I try to read every available review before. I also checked out most of the tutorials and read the manual. I guess it’s a generation thing :/

You’ll just need to spend some time with the unit. It’s really straightforward after a couple of hours.

And seriously, watch the official tutorials. They helped me a lot in terms of understanding the unit.

• For the OP...re headphones.

I’ve found that using a small high quality mixer has really improved my headphones sound.

I plug my computer into a Focusrite interface , then out to the mixer.

The Kemper goes directly into the mixer.

Headphones, obviously go into the mixer.

• Thanks guys! Yes guizmobro I agree. I will admit that when I get new stuff, I get EXTREMELY impatient. I want to understand everything at that very second ;) But after posting my last post yesterday, I just sat there tweaking for hours.. Suddenly I was FIVE hours past bedtime. I found out many of the things I needed myself, and also was able to make several performance profiles to my likings.. So much freaking fun!! Thanks Wheresthedug for telling me about locking the effects and changing cabinets only. That one came in handy!

• keem85 I know that feeling of playing and loosing track of time ;)

I'm still overwhelmed with how much great rigs are out there. I wanted to build a "base performance" with 5 rigs for my base sound but it's like mission impossible for me right now. I'm just unable to narrow it down to 5 rigs...

I settled on building a performance for each amp I bought (bassman, tk imperial, fdr super reverb, bella, ac30, plexi and 2 john mayer type amps). It's been 2 weeks and I'm still not done!!!

And yesterday I tried the Michael Britt Kemper pack and I'm like "I need those amps". I also checked the Bert Meulenddijk pack and there are amazing sounds in there as well.

I resisted buying additional profile packs for now, but man it's hard not to push the "buy" button ^^

But I have to face reality... I've only got so much time in a day and going through another several hundred profiles is just not doable.

• I took your advice Chris Duncan and bought a pair of Fluid F5 monitors. Oh my god what a sound!!! Do you guys advice to turn down the volume on the Kemper itself, or the monitors? (trying not to lose audio quality)

Here's my baby! Kemper

Nice!

I would imagine society's seen the last of you for a while. ^^

My preference would be to set speaker volume so that whatever the sound source going into them, the max volume is safe for the speaker. For instance, if you have them hooked up to a computer and play music, I turn the music all the way up on the computer then slowly bring up the speakers until it's no longer safe to go further. Or, as Eddie Van Halen once said, until I feel the hair on my arms vibrate. :)

Then you can just turn up the Kemper's master volume to whatever is sensible at the given moment and won't annoy the neighbors.

Now go play guitar!

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10