NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• I think they developed more. The tweaking for the celestion speaker and the dsp functions in the Kone Mode

So it could work in what cab ever , cause they said it can be used as 2x12 4x12 etc

So the cab size seems not to matter with this Kemper kone

• I can’t be over 400€

Whatever the r&d the added value is in the Kemper, not in the cab. This is a 170€ speaker and wood. Once it is in the field everybody will know the measures. If the price is excessive, other companies will propose the cab, and anyone a minimum handy will be able to build it.

If you apply that logic to expression pedals no body in their right mind would buy the Mission EP1 which is literally a Cry Baby Wah with the main circuit removed for nearly double price of a Cry Baby with the circuit still in it. But people do still buy them in their droves.

• If you apply that logic to expression pedals no body in their right mind would buy the Mission EP1 which is literally a Cry Baby Wah with the main circuit removed for nearly double price of a Cry Baby with the circuit still in it. But people do still buy them in their droves.

Man, you’re right, I’ve never figured out how people could buy it :/

• Quote from Wheresthedug

If you apply that logic to expression pedals no body in their right mind would buy the Mission EP1 which is literally a Cry Baby Wah with the main circuit removed for nearly double price of a Cry Baby with the circuit still in it. But people do still buy them in their droves.

Man, you’re right, I’ve never figured out how people could buy it :/

You both are right, and if you screwed it up and had a look inside, you would wonder, if it's a steal.

But - you both have to commit - the pedal Looks rather cool besides the remote !!!

• You both are right, and if you screwed it up and had a look inside, you would wonder, if it's a steal.

But - you both have to commit - the pedal Looks rather cool besides the remote !!!

absolutely. I actually bought a used Mission. I did open it up and was shocked to find it is even a Dunlop pot that’s in it :D

• Come on guys...

Don't you know, as guitar players, that one of the things that makes us pay more for a tool, like a guitar, is just the way it looks?

Let me know if Dunlop makes a version of their pedal in Kemper green. Because they don't. Mission took the opportunity, as they do with a lot of their pedals, to make an "especial edition" with the perfect color match to the Kemper Remote and Head. And that comes at a premium price. Not because of the manufacturing or other measurable things.

I think it makes sense.

• Question to mothership:

Will there be an "Early Bird"-Action for the KEMPER-Kabinet (similar to the remote-release few years ago) ?

I would be surprised if there wasn't.

That brings it all back, signing up for the remote early bird, and then everyone chewing at the bit, patiently ( bwahahaha) waiting for their remotes to turn up.

• Hello everyone!

I just installed Celestion F12-X200 to my passive Red Sound LG12 . First impressions are very very good. Definately much more amp in the room-sound compared to Atomic CLR which i have next to Red Sound. CLR is flatter for sure. I think red sound + celestion has more mids and it sounds bit boxy but not in a bad way at all, its more the way real 1x12 are compared to FRFR. Wish i had my tube heads and cabs for comparison but i sold them all year ago....

Different profiles come through very nicely and Celestion made some profiles that i didnt like come really alive. Especially cleans and mild od profiles are great, some MBritt clean fenders are fantastic and i like them way more than with CLR. Just total joy to play and i didnt had to tweak profiles at all. Some heavily distorted profiles sounded bit mushy but i have only been able to play low volume so it might be just that.

If Kemper cab is optimized and DSP assisted version of this....i seriously think it might be total game changer if its done well.

• Hello Mikkoha,

Thank you for your feedback and observations. Indeed, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Celestion speaker in the forthcoming Kemper Kabinet is a variant of the F12-X200 coaxial.

• well these are just first impressions with low volume and tired ears....but sounds really good so far. Somehow much more fun to play than with CLR and i am well adjusted to FRFR sound and was quite happy with CLR. It seems that Celestion hit the mark with F12. And its cheap....

• Definately much more amp in the room-sound compared to Atomic CLR which i have next to Red Sound.

My question would be coming from the opposite direction. I actually went FRFR after first trying the power amp, monitor cab off, into my Marshall 4x12. It sounded good, but I liked the additional detail from my studio monitors, and so got an FRFR.

From following this thread, if the appeal of the Celestion F12-X200 is "sounds more amp in the room (AIR) than an FRFR," I wonder how it would in turn compare with my powered head into the 4x12, which certainly feels more AIR.

Almost seems like trying to split hairs between the full detail FRFR experience and the punchy, standing in front of a Marshall on 20 vibe.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• From what I’ve seen Celestion seem to be aiming for a somewhat flat response and extended frequency range but also building in some of the downsides of traditional guitar cabs such as beaming. I think I sa Celestion mention somewhere that the cone has steeper sides than a PA cone delibto make the sound more neamy and guitar like. I’m not sure whether that’s a good thing or not as my biggest gripe with traditional cabs is the way that the sound changes when you step out of the sweet spot. I’m still looking forward to hearing the F12-X200 though: it might just be the best of both worlds.