NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• Wow I didn't know this was a thing (yes I should hang out in these forums more, but honestly, that is one thing I like about the kemper, it does it's thing and I don't have to care about updates or what is going on). I have been thinking about getting a powered cab for my kemper! :D

• Wow I didn't know this was a thing (yes I should hang out in these forums more, but honestly, that is one thing I like about the kemper, it does it's thing and I don't have to care about updates or what is going on). I have been thinking about getting a powered cab for my kemper! :D

Note the initial version will be unpowered I think...

• I'm wondering, if they will implement the Profiler's Power-Stage into the active-cab and if this would cause a different Cab-Layout to the unpowered Version.

I assume they would use what they already know unless its problematic ( which I don't think it is)...or might do a stereo version???

Oh I love the speculation!

• I assume they would use what they already know unless its problematic ( which I don't think it is)...or might do a stereo version???

Oh I love the speculation!

Chomping at the bit here as well...

I think I see two of those new speakers to put in my 2x12, and a SD Powerstage 170 in my future...

Or maybe the Kemper cab and SD 170... AAAAaaaaaaaagh!!!8o

• NAMM was what, the end of January? At the time Kemper was floating idea of the Kabinet and they were wanting feedback. Speedy delivery to market isn't exactly Kempers modus operandi.

So I think it's sorely optimistic to expect to see a shipping product this year.

• NAMM was what, the end of January? At the time Kemper was floating idea of the Kabinet and they were wanting feedback. Speedy delivery to market isn't exactly Kempers modus operandi.

So I think it's sorely optimistic to expect to see a shipping product this year.

Say it ain't so!

||;(

• So I think it's sorely optimistic to expect to see a shipping product this year.

I agree. Maybe the Kemper Kabinet will be available late this year. But I can't see the raw speaker available as a special order part until mid 2020 at the earliest. I am building my own cabs, so I will have a long wait.

• I agree. Maybe the Kemper Kabinet will be available late this year. But I can't see the raw speaker available as a special order part until mid 2020 at the earliest. I am building my own cabs, so I will have a long wait.

The thing that concerns me is the software supporting the Kemper Kone probably won't be released until the Kemper Kab is available. I'd really like to play around with that, even without a Kemper Kone driver or speaker.

The easiest way to integrate a power amp to a cab would be an ICEPower plate amp. I'm not aware of any ICEPower plate amps at this time, but would be a bit surprised if they aren't available.

• The thing that concerns me is the software supporting the Kemper Kone probably won't be released until the Kemper Kab is available. I'd really like to play around with that, even without a Kemper Kone driver or speaker.

The easiest way to integrate a power amp to a cab would be an ICEPower plate amp. I'm not aware of any ICEPower plate amps at this time, but would be a bit surprised if they aren't available.

I believe SD Powerstage uses Icepower, but I don't know about "plate".

• I believe SD Powerstage uses Icepower, but I don't know about "plate".

Plate simply means the power amp circuitry PCB is mounted on an aluminum plate for easier integration into a cabinet. You cut a hole in the back of the cab, screw the plate over it, and off you go. The plate has all of the controls and jacks mounted on it for access from the outside of the cab. The form factor is kind of like this:

http://www.daytonaudio.com/ind…el-class-d-amplifier.html

• Plate simply means the power amp circuitry PCB is mounted on an aluminum plate for easier integration into a cabinet. You cut a hole in the back of the cab, screw the plate over it, and off you go. The plate has all of the controls and jacks mounted on it for access from the outside of the cab. The form factor is kind of like this:

http://www.daytonaudio.com/ind…el-class-d-amplifier.html

Aha! Thank you. I have a plate amp in my XiTone MBritt cab then!

Cheers,

• The thing that concerns me is the software supporting the Kemper Kone probably won't be released until the Kemper Kab is available. I'd really like to play around with that, even without a Kemper Kone driver or speaker.

This is the one I'm using for my Kemper. Right now I have it in a home-made backbox which fits in the Kemper back opening, but I'll consider permanently installing it into a cabinet, depends on how I like the Kone

https://www.minidsp.com/images…%20Brief-PWR-ICE125WD.pdf