NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• Hopefully the new speaker won't be like Celestion China crap. I'll just go with Eminence if it is.

Because the phone, tablet or computer you're using wasn't made in part or entirely in China. Such garbage, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Come on, you're singing that song in your head right now, Don't lie...

LOL. Mea Culpa, at least on my end. :)

Funny thing is...as bad as it is, IMHO it is 10,000 times better then modern tripe like Cardi B or Taylor Swift.

Now I need to listen to some UFO, Scorpions and MSG to get back to some great German classic rock.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just scored a cheap 4x12 by Legion sound (pretty sure the cab is cheap particle board. What's that caulk looking stuff? I need to glue a baffle/support beam lol) Anyways, it has 2 eminence legends and 2 patriot texas heats and sounds pretty good! $120 used plus tax

Hopefully that will hold me over till the Kone comes out...

I'm trying really hard not to buy the passive 2x12 from Mission. :wacko:

• Because the phone, tablet or computer you're using wasn't made in part or entirely in China. Such garbage, isn't it?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I often compare other crap with crap to give it value somehow. Not. All things China are garbage. And being someone around long enough to remember quality -before- the China push I know the difference.

• Hopefully the new speaker won't be like Celestion China crap. I'll just go with Eminence if it is.

Honestly do you think the kemper team will release anything mediocre? Have Christopher Kemper ever released anything that is or is close to mediocre? The answer is obvious. I don't mean to be harsh but any such negative speculation shouldn't have been written here.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Glad you know your limitations. ;-). Enjoy your slave labor product made in a hurry, haha...

Yeah, I often compare other crap with crap to give it value somehow. Not. All things China are garbage. And being someone around long enough to remember quality -before- the China push I know the difference.

You know what? Some things in China evidently are crap, as well as some things made in Germany, made in the U.S., made in UK.

The problem is that you generalize in a way that is clearly discriminative because quality is not a matter of origin but of quality control alone.

And I wonder how many things of your everyday electronics incl. chips for computer processing wouldn’t work anymore if you stopped using them.

Hypocritical.

• Yeah, I often compare other crap with crap to give it value somehow. Not. All things China are garbage. And being someone around long enough to remember quality -before- the China push I know the difference.

Uh, huh. /eyeroll

Moving on....

• You know what? Some things in China evidently are crap, as well as some things made in Germany, made in the U.S., made in UK.

The problem is that you generalize in a way that is clearly discriminative because quality is not a matter of origin but of quality control alone.

And I wonder how many things of your everyday electronics incl. chips for computer processing wouldn’t work anymore if you stopped using them.

Hypocritical.

Many would be suprised how much of the stuff we use everyday that are made in China.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Many would be suprised how much of the stuff we use everyday that are made in China.

Won't change anything.

Reminds me of a customer at the shop I worked at who railed against Honda's motorcycles (in 2006) due to Pearl Harbor. I'm guessing he left in a Toyota.

Crap? Celestion moved the original tooling from England to China and all of the key components are from the original sources - many of which were from Asia to begin with.

With the level of automation involved with many critical steps along the assembly process - correct amounts (weights) of adhesives for example - there's hundreds of factories all over the planet that can put out high quality speakers, and have been for many years now.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Attack of the China-bots, eh? So be it...

Being well aware of quality, and well aware of what I buy and from where, and being a consumer with many purchases that were China made, I can say with conviction there was always something not right. That is how opinions are formed, from experience, you see? And that is why I like many who know better say so.

Nothing like making money off suckers. I applaud them. Run the product through the slave factories for next to nothing, keep the price low due to the devalued currency and trade deals, and the seller pushes the product on you -at the same cost- as before. Haha. With the sales pitch such as “We have the strictest quality control over there and we can guarantee... “. Sure.

It got to the point some even try ‘assembled in the USA’ haha... whatever. No discount for you.

So no biggie, you people sold on crap enjoy it. Revel in your cheap purchase! Don’t be such a snowflake about it and start crying. ;)

• I will ask you only what choice we have? Manufacturers are not able to compete on price if they do not do electronics in China. As far as I am concerned, I prefer old post-Soviet equipment that can not be torn apart. But no one is producing such equipment anymore. I'm afraid we have an influence on it.

And I'm not a snowflake - but I'm not a hypocrite also ;)

• You must be a hoot at parties.

It's unlikely that you're old enough to remember an old wives tail about Japan. This was back when Made in Japan meant roughly the same thing you think Made in China does.

The story was that Japan named a city USA so they could put Made in USA on their products. Turns out it was false. Similar to what you're spewing.