NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• slave factories

You haven't a clue what you are talking about. I've been in the consumer electronics industry for 33 years as a design, manufacturing, and quality engineer. I've worked with China closely for most of it. Been there dozens of times for at least a week each time, sometimes multiple weeks. Spent time in maybe a hundred factories across at least 6 major cities that I can remember right now.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by don1960lp ().

• So many guitar dudes would lose their minds if they found that they've been playing a China speaker for years without knowing it - because of a pretty magnet label. Even some of the hand wired boutique stuff. The stories I could tell....... But ya, some of the best MI speakers in the world come from China. And have for a lot of years now.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• I predict that Kemper's next generation of electronics, either replacements for their current crop of equipment, or a new floorboard, will be made in China. Manufacturing in Germany is just too expensive.

• You haven't a clue what you are talking about. I've been in the consumer electronics industry for 33 years as a design, manufacturing, and quality engineer. I've worked with China closely for most of it. Been there dozens of times for at least a week each time, sometimes multiple weeks. Spent time in maybe a hundred factories across at least 6 major cities that I can remember right now.

So let me get this straight, you think your resume and opinion has some merit over my personal experience of China goods I bought and found to be garbage every time? Haha.. Really pal, try harder.

• I predict that Kemper's next generation of electronics, either replacements for their current crop of equipment, or a new floorboard, will be made in China. Manufacturing in Germany is just too expensive.

I disagree. Access, CK’s other company that builds the Virus synthesizers in Germany. They have since 1998.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• So let me get this straight, you think your resume and opinion has some merit over my personal experience of China goods I bought and found to be garbage every time? Haha.. Really pal, try harder.

Stop feeding the Troll. He loves the attention.

• You know what? Some things in China evidently are crap, as well as some things made in Germany, made in the U.S., made in UK.

The problem is that you generalize in a way that is clearly discriminative because quality is not a matter of origin but of quality control alone.

And I wonder how many things of your everyday electronics incl. chips for computer processing wouldn’t work anymore if you stopped using them.

Hypocritical.

You know what? I am basing my opinion on.... Wait for it.... ---> Actually purchasing things, in specting them, using them ,watching them fail one way or another, and giving my full assessment.

Now Explain to me where the 'generalization' comes in? hmmm?

As for USA products, German products, etc., I have used and owned many types of music gear since the early 80's, I THINK I can come up with an accurate viewpoint of them all.

And please stop going off grid to other products. You want that too? Ok, let's go there. I have many pairs of Oakley Sunglasses. Formerly made in the USA. All the USA made ones are perfect, frames are tight. Then here comes the China ones.. Frames are loose, make noise, lenses not properly fitted. I own 2 pair. So guess what? Just like music gear, in owning and comparing, I can again see how China makes crap. AND THEY STILL CHARGE THE SAME PRICE! Gotta love it...

Edited once, last by Nemo13 ().

• Another argument for not joining the $1K all-in-one floor unit pond. Once you start getting into the price wars to compete with multiple similar platforms, you almost have to move manufacturing to an Asian country.

• Please be on your way. You’re a troll and a bore.

• You must be a hoot at parties.

It's unlikely that you're old enough to remember an old wives tail about Japan. This was back when Made in Japan meant roughly the same thing you think Made in China does.

The story was that Japan named a city USA so they could put Made in USA on their products. Turns out it was false. Similar to what you're spewing.

I believe the city was actually called "Cleveland" ;)

Made in Japan, Made in Taiwan and Made in China have all had the negative connotation some are trying to make in this thread at some early stage of their industrialisation. Not so much these days.

• I believe the city was actually called "Cleveland" ;)

Made in Japan, Made in Taiwan and Made in China have all had the negative connotation some are trying to make in this thread at some early stage of their industrialisation. Not so much these days.

Considering I live in Akron, Ohio. 30 miles south of Cleveland....... I’ll allow it.

People sometimes say Lebron James came from Cleveland. This is incorrect. He played for Cleveland. For better or worse, he’s a product of Akron.

• Honestly do you think the kemper team will release anything mediocre? Have Christopher Kemper ever released anything that is or is close to mediocre? The answer is obvious. I don't mean to be harsh but any such negative speculation shouldn't have been written here.

Well....actually they have...the kpa bag ;)

Although im confident about the quality of the speaker...prob order as soon as available.

• Vietnam, of all places, have really stepped up their manufacturing game the past 10 years and are quoted by most US companies right along with China for any new speaker business.

You may even own a couple of MIV items and don't know it.